PDA

View Full Version : Throttle trouble: need CFML help

mrketch
12-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I have a Saitek X45 joystick that used to work properly about a year ago. I unsubbed for that time and now that I'm back it's not working. It used to be set so that in an AT or AA gun mid-throttle was stationary. Pushing forwards made it go forward and pulling back made it back up. Now if I move the throttle in any direction the gun backs up and once it starts I can't stop it no matter what I do with the throttle.

I have a different problem in planes. When I push on the throttle it does nothing until the throttle's about half way forward. That's the first time the game registers the input. As a result, when I'm at full throttle on my stick I'm at half throttle in the game. I have yet to get a plane off the ground due to low RPMs. I have not messed with any deadzones, so the problem isn't one that I caused by fooling around.

I think it's working for trucks and tanks, but I can't be 100% sure. I do have trouble keeping up with other vehicles. I don't know if that's because of poor RPM management on bends and hills or if I'm not getting full RPMs there either.

Can anyone who knows about CFML or who's had similar problems help me?

Here is the throttle portion of my air.cfml file:

<control function="Throttle">
<joyaxis stick="1">slider1</joyaxis>
<keydelta value="0.00" per="sec" index="2">
<key></key>
</keydelta>
<keydelta value="0.00" per="sec" index="3">
<key></key>
</keydelta>
<keyabsolute value="0.00" index="10">
<key></key>
</keyabsolute>
</control>

And here's the movement portion of my atgun.cfml:

<control function="AT Gun Move">
</control>

I don't see anything in there that would tell the controls to behave the way they are behaving.

OldZeke
12-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Try changeing 0.00 to 10.00 like so:

<keydelta value="10.00" per="sec" index="2">

mrketch
12-06-2009, 04:37 PM
I tried it, Zeke. No joy.

OldZeke
12-06-2009, 04:58 PM
OK, make sure you do not have a cfml in your BE install. c:/program files/crs/battleground europe.

You should only have a cfml folder and cfml files in "my documents/battleground europe".

mrketch
12-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I checked and got excited when I saw I did indeed have cfml files in a cfml subdirectory of the data directory in my installation folder. I figured that deleting the folder & files would fix my problem for sure.

However, my excitement dwindled when I deleted them, fired up the game again, and had the exact same problems.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how come my throttle makes my AT gun go backwards only, and once it starts I can't make it stop. And why it seems I have a dead zone from 0% to 50% on the throttle.

OldZeke
12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Have you tried remapping the throttle after removeing the cfml from the install folder?

vonbreur
12-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Delete all your CFML files and re-keymap all your vehicles again esnuring you have "Joystick" input option activated/check marked.

Good luck!

mrketch
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I deleted all the CFML files, then loaded the game, and remapped everything making sure the joystick was selected and calibrated. Still, no joy.

Throttle for the air.cfml looks like this:

</control>

And movement for the AT/AA guns looks like this:

<control function="AT Gun Move">
</control>

Does there have to be more than that? Other settings anyone else is using? I can always remap the AT/AA gun movement to the Y axis of my joystick (that works, I just don't like doing that), but what about for the planes? I've been trying since I resubbed and I have yet to get one off the ground, even for a second.

I feel like the Wright brothers, except they actually got off the ground!

vonbreur
12-07-2009, 03:18 AM
What OS system are you using?

What other input devices are you using?

Is there a conflict if you are using more than one input device?

There can be many reasons as to why you're having problems and unfortunately we are not there, at your computer, to troubleshoot for you.

Have you researched your issue via a web search?

mrketch
12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm using the Saitek X45 throttle/joystick combo. I am also only using a Logitech G5 mouse. I'm running the same installation of Windows XP I was using before.

The crazy thing is nothing about my setup has changed. I'm using the same stick, throttle, mouse, computer, OS, everything. That's why I keep thinking it has to be with the CFML file, but I can't see anything in there that tells my AT gun to back up only and never go forward, or tells my plane to ignore the first 50% of the throttle motion.

I've also realized after fooling around last night, that the throttle is messed up for the tanks too. I have my positive joystick Y axis set as a throttle on the tanks as well, and when going full out I pushed on the stick and got more RPMs. Only I can't do that with the planes. Not that I should have to, the throttle should work the way it's currently set up. Only it doesn't.

OldZeke
12-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Humm just outta currousity, do you have a different mouse you could try to see if its a conflict with the G5?

mrketch
12-08-2009, 07:03 PM
I didn't think that would be it since I've had the G5 since 2006, but in the interests of being thorough, I tried it with the AT/AA gun. No joy.

It would be nice if someone with any sort of a similar setup (I imagine the throttle names for all the Saitek products would be the same, but maybe not) could post the proper portions of their CFML files so I could compare.

It's really getting tiresome when my squad decides they'd like to hop into fighters and there I am, stuck on the ground. At least I have a workaround for the AT/AA gun (keyboard) and the tanks (push forward on my joystick while throttle's also at full). Both are annoying, but they work. Flying is way too busy to be messing with the keyboard when I have what I believe to be a fully functioning X45. :confused:

Keep the ideas coming. Eventually we might hit on a winner!