• Announcements

• GVONPAUL

Need help for incoming players.   04/29/2017

With the looming Steam release, we are anticipating many new players to the game. This is great for all of us, and it's important that we retain as many as we can. With that in mind, we'd like to enlist players to help with the inevitable questions asked in the forums. Ideally, gameplay questions are asked and answered in-game, but it's not always easy or convenient to answer questions while playing. A Gameplay Support Forum would be a good place for those who want to help. We are now accepting volunteers for the Rat Patrol, who will provide correct and consistent info to new players in the Forums. The more new players we retain, the better it is for the game and the biggest hurdle in player retention is grasping the complexities of this game. If you are interested, send me a PM.  
    • Dodger

Squad Leaders Contact GVONPAUL OR Dodger for Squad Forums   05/18/2017

Soldiers!

We are seeking Squad Leaders to volunteer their squads to help us test the upcoming Squad Forums system. This system will integrate squads who wish to participate into a self-sustained "forum within a forum." You will be able to add members to your squad, assign permissions, and create forums/calendar events on your own. The idea behind this system is part of our commitment to support squads as a integral part of our community. This service will be offered free of charge to all squads of World War II Online upon launch. Our goal is to offer all of the services a squad off-site forum can offer but free of charge and tied in to our existing forum service. So what do you need tested? We need willing volunteers to test the whole system - make forums, post threads, assign permissions, etc. The idea is to have several squads giving it a test run to point out any flaws before we launch it publicly. What are the requirements? We are ideally looking for medium to large squads - Ideally ten people or so plus, but smaller squads feel free to apply - and a willingness to use our platform. It's important to note (as of now - these may be included at a later date) we are unable to convert posts from a private forum if your squad previously used one, and you (or your XO's and recruiters) will need to assign individual members permissions. It is entirely possible that in the future this system will be automatically linked to the game's squad roster, but as of now developer priorities are elsewhere (1.37 and steam, w00t!) How do I sign up? PM me ( @Dodger ) on the forums, or email me at dodger@playnet.com - Please indicate your squad name and how many members you have. I will get back to you with more instructions.

Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 199

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

Player created squads

Squads
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Attention Allies!   In recognition of your gallant and distinguished service during Campaign 137, the ALLIED HIGH COMMAND CinC hereby presents the following award(s):       CinC Special Commendation This is the highest decoration that can be awarded by the Allied High Command. It is bestowed only by the Commander in Chief, in the name of the Allied High Command to Allied members who have distinguished themselves through conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty. ANUSIYA     Allied Player of the Campaign This award is the rarest and most unique award, presented ONLY by the CinC to ONE officer or player at the end of each campaign. The recipient must exhibit dedication, loyalty, and unselfish service in support of the Allies while serving during the campaign CH4     Allied Officer of the Campaign This award is only presented by the CinC to one officer at the end of the campaign. The recipient must demonstrate singularly exceptional leadership, dedication and support for the Allied Forces throughout the campaign. TOXAWAY     Allied Squad of the Campaign This award is only presented by the CinC to one Squad at the end of the campaign. The recipients must demonstrate singularly exceptional teamwork, dedication and support for the Allied Forces throughout the campaign. 4 WING     Army Cross The Army, Navy and Air Force Crosses are the second highest decoration that can be awarded by the Allied High Command. It is awarded for extraordinary commitment by any AlliedMember who distinguishes themselves through extraordinary measures of devotion to the Allied cause over the course of an entire campaign. Awarded by CinC. ADAM1168     Bronze Star The Bronze Star is the fourth highest decoration that can be awarded by the Allied High Command. It is awarded to any Allied member in any Branch for acts of merit or meritorious service throughout the course of an entire campaign. Awarded by CinC. COOKIE420     Distinguished Service Cross Awarded by the Commander of the British Army or the Commander of the Armée Française to specific individuals who have achieved outstanding combat achievements while serving in an allied army. This is the second highest Army award for combat actions. DOUGYFARM AOMERCY GANDY1960 BACONJIM SHINOKANE     Map Commander Ribbon Awarded to those who step up and take the task as Map OIC on a regular basis to lead the Allies into battle. Awarded by DDOP and CinC. SLON02 FRACKU2 LTSOLINA OXFORD09 TOXAWAY CHIMM     Distinguished Service Order The DSO is the highest decoration that can be awarded to an AHC Office by the CinC. It is awarded to those serving Allied High Command Officers who distinguished themselves by outstanding meritorious service to the Allied High Command, through their continuous demonstration of leadership, communication, team spirit and dedication to the mission of the High Command. TOXAWAY OXFORD09 REBEL357 BLKHWK8 GENXS     Meritorious Unit Citation The Meritorious Unit Citation is the third highest decoration that may be awarded to an Allied Squad. It is awarded to Squads that display exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding service, deeds, or valorous actions over the course of an entire campaign. 7TH AST LANCERS       So awarded by:   Birdman26 Allied CinC
    • Before that attack the newspapers in Japan had been going insane with silly stories, of course approved by the Military Govt.. Stuff like how Japans soldiers were invincible and akin more to Gods and not just men. They wrote how it was a forgone conclusion Japan could land in California and march right across America to conquer it. Due to their string of victories the Japanese really thought they were far superior to anyone on earth. The truth was they only had a few hundred fighters to protect the homeland, and about 50 to protect Tokyo. Their High Command was locked in a dual over what to do next and where to go, south to Australia "which they ended up trying with an inadequate force", west to India, East to Hawaii, or up to the north and the Aleutians. Truth is their ability to move troops and supplys was limited, as was their ability to re-supply them. They still weren't able to refuel while at sea yet. Their entire strategic power was centered around the 6 fast carriers of Kido Butai and that was a raiding force not a Battle group because most of the other ships in the fleet, including the other carriers, werent fast enough to keep up with them. So they were so ashamed of the Doolittle attack the Midway attack was given the go, as long as the Aleutian one was OK'ed to go to. Which made no sense because it bled their power and the two task forces were to far apart to support each other anyway even if they had to. The Jeps never considered the Aleution attack to be a decoy, it was an operation in its own right because they were afraid the north of their defensive perimeter was weak. Which was ridiculous because even if it was we didnt have the forces to take advantage of it anyway. And had no plans to. There were so many volunteers for the raid your dad was on that Doolittle had to turn many guys down. They changed the course of History with just 16 medium bombers each only having 2,000lb bomb loads. The Jeps rushed into that Midway operation, it was an ill concieved plan, and they put a fool in charge of it. Nagumo was the same fool that mucked up Pearl Harbor.
    • IMO TOE is not going to "ruin" a steam release, simply because its mechanics do not matter to a new guy. Have you ever seen a new guy come online and think: "oh no we have a brigade cut off"?
      They don't care cause they don't know the inner workings. At least not the first 2 weeks. The key drivers for new players to stay are content (fights/battles), a bug-free gaming experience (e.g. the server/client not getting laggy), and being able to figure out how the game works to -some- degree. The only thing Steam should do is increase the number of players that try out the game. This automatically will lead to veterans returning as well, which solves your HC problem. For example, AEF is now super low in population, if a steam release leads to a spike in population i'm pretty sure you automatically get 30+ AEF back ingame as well. TOE should still go (and how it looks now imo TOE will go). And not because of the HC problems we have now, that's simply a result of low server pop in general. I'm sure if you get popuplation up by a factor of 6 again then TOE can be managed like in 2010. But TOE should go because of the never-ending supply rotation and centralization of management leading to a constant burden for and blamegame towards HC. No changes in the trickle/movement/resupply timers will fix these issues. After long talks I'm also now a real advocate for at a minimum un-moveable supply in every town and then some strategic layer on top of that. The often named hybrid system that would include -some- flags (<=9 imo) on the map that give you a boost. Or for example a more active bombing influence on supply (many targets all over the map).  Next to these supply mechanics it is vital to restore the organizational purpose that the ORBAT/brigades once had.  
    • I agree Granit. I would prefer holding off on implementation rather than having a buggy system handed to us.  I'm just worried about the things that are not going to be implemented before the Big Steam Unvail.  I want WWIIOL to attract as many new players as possible. I want it to be a YUGE success.  But, if released to Steam without the improvements in place... it's just the same old game and we might miss our ONE opportunity.  Are we at least going to get the new guns and planes in game before the Steam release? Time table for Steam Pre-release and official release? 6 months between the two?
    • whats a kompfershutz?
    • I, too, am waiting for the removal of the brigade system.  I think it will significantly enhance gameplay to go back to the town based supply and thus keep more players around.  But even worse is to implement a poorly designed buggy system.  We been down that road several times and it not one to go down again.   A couple of questions:  will 1.36 be implemented before full steam release (as opposed to early release)?  And if we are stuck with brigade placement, can the rats augment HQ someway to fill in during the worst of time?  
    • I watched it before logging onto the forums. 
    • I believe you truly enjoy this game and have put your money where your mouth is (so to speak), much respect for that. What we say and how we communicate does have an influence on readers. Please consider that more. We are doing the very best we can and I hope you were able to see that very in-depth Rat Chat to validate that.  
  • Popular Contributors