ATTN: We need your help to support our game!Learn More

Soldier!

Your help is needed to achieve our funding “Stretch Goals” so that we can introduce the first new vehicles into WWII Online in almost 10 years, increase and purchase vital software to improve our team’s organization and produce additional vehicles!

This game would not be possible without you and your support!

Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 142

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

Player created squads

Squads
  • Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • @jaymako Check out this thread below and see if it fixes your issue. http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/topic/402045-game-to-large-for-screen/    
    • I had a problem with game not lunching after latest patch so I reinstalled game. after doing that game launched proberlly.  Now the screen is so smallI cant get passed the unit selection screen. what do I  do before Ireload game to insure screen is set to take up full screen as before since I cant get to preference screen. thanks for any help I am wanting to  play asap
    • had to do this, same problem. password wrong, then it was ok butgame wouldn't start. deinstalled and reinstalled and all was fine.
    • 1. The main database underlying the central server of course has to be able to manage all of the live objects in the game. As an object spawns with interaction range of a given client, or moves within that range, the central server communicates information about that arriving-in-interaction-range object to that given client. The client has its own database to hold information about every live object it's told about by the central server. That's how the client is able to make decisions about which of those live objects will be rendered and otherwise interacted with. When the interaction radius of a client is flooded with live objects, the server can't send them all. The server has limited processing cycles...it has to handle the traffic for every client...so determinations that it makes as to which live objects to pass onward to a client are crude, maybe based on a coarse calculation of distance...closest first up to some number, then no more. My understanding is that as the interaction radius is extended outward, the percentage of possible interactions that are not chosen to be live-managed by just one of the involved clients, but that are managed by the other, goes up dramatically. 2. The interaction radius cannot be increased only for naval and air objects. Ships cannot be allowed to see land objects at ranges where the land units cannot see the ships. Aside from the game-engine-design question, that also would be historically backwards, i.e. ships at sea are visible at much greater range to either land or air observers than the reverse. I'm totally a supporter of realistic interaction ranges for the deep water naval game. I don't think that can happen, for several reasons, in the same technical environment with land combat.
    • I have been stuck trying to get my Thrustmaster Hotas working with WW2 online.  The problem is with the keymapper for tanks. I can't seem to assign steering to the joystick. The game recognises the Joystick fine and it works well for flying. But when trying to assign the X axis to steer the tank well no go. The game will recongnize that I have assigned the correct axis but when I try it in game the I can't steer. I have cleared and restored default key bindings but still no go. Any ideas all you smart people?
    • I dont think they're around any more
    • This would be a massive improvement in the airgame .... as Frantish said ... in a DB-7, you have 6 or 7 seconds to adjust your lineup before having to reset the vertical in the bombsight for the actual drop ......... so presently; Target finally appears .... back to pilot seat .... AP off and adjust course then AP back on ... back to bombardier, look again .... back to pilot seat, AP off and adjust course again and AP back on.... back to Bombardier aaaaaaand it is already time to drop. It's    Just    not       real     There. That's two votes for 10 km viz limit now. <S>
    • And Done !  https://squadtools.wwiionline.com -- who knew that when I made this original post I'd end up as part of the team to implement it
  • Popular Contributors