Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 240

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

Player created squads

Squads
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    •   i've never seen attrition work with the 8 hour timers.   "localized attrition" ? its just battle damage. empty a flag in prime time then rotate it, repeat endlessly and we have our current 3 hour stalemates. then do it all over again the next prime time, then the next, till the game bogs down to "flood the CP" nothing else matters beyond "flood the CP"... game difficulty, simulation, combined arms, teamwork, positioning and manouver? all pointless... just flood the CP like a bunch of zombies in COD   rotate flags with 15 hour timers and you'll lose, not from the system or HC but because of the players performance and good gameplay. having no supply in a flag was the result of better play from the enemy.
    • The current set up is more akin to a tag team wrestling match with  one fighter fighting till he gets tired then swapping out with his team mate.  Its a rotating door that never stops turning. If the numbers are even the map becomes  stagnate. It takes large swings in overpop to even move anything. Want to know how many allies we had on just a sec ago  6 people  that's total  on the allied side.  Now I am a good sport about stuff like this but lets get real this is the state the system we currently have has left  us in.  I could argue that the only thing TOE and HC have done for the player base is remove their freedom of choice for what they  do while in game for the $ 15 bucks  they spend. Now they get to spend it  watching the HC  play chess  if they even show up for the match that is.        
    • it's cause only the top tanks are used... try the second rate tanks and balance makes sense. the stu for example is incredibly capable vs the 4G and stug, but everyone quits and starts crying for supply after shermans are gone.   same can be said for the H39 and 38T, just soldier them out and they'll give results.
    • Not overpowered vehicles. But some are still better than others.   Just look at the poor Panzer IIC. He's one of the last tank picked up! And you see Panhard everywhere!
    • I mean complex on a strategic level. The tactics of taking a town probably don't differ that much from town-based vs TOEs, bar the depot/rotations etc but it's been a while since attrition and JWBS was really an issue stopping largely successful attacks from succeeding.   I'm talking the strategic, campaign game.With town-based supply, it can be battle/rinse/repeat as you're taking a fluid environment (think soccer/rugby) and making it a more deliberate, static, staged environment (think American football). I'd call this loss of fluidity and dynamism less complex than a map where the set up and the supply used to support attacks varies every single set up
    • It's a bad thing because localized attrition can still be achieved without borking people 15 hours later on down the road simply by making the spawn lists smaller and letting them regenerate faster.   The effects you described were a function of the lists being too big in general.
    • This could actually be the one important thing to look at. So in a way, while we try to improve HC-mechanism, we could try stuff like: Let all enemies have a visible tag for one campaign, and try that with the steamers. But for it to be effective (and cool) we probably need a bigger population when active... *thoughts wanding off in what it could mean*
    • Maybe so Silky  though I do disagree with you on it making the game less complex. Squads used to put a ton of planning into Ops at least on the tactical level which is what this game is missing in spades. Heck I know it is a numbers game and i even enjoy the challenge of  being underpop but this part of it is what makes me wonder why I bothered to come back.   
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
    2. 2
    3. 3
      Lob12
      Lob12
    4. 4
    5. 5
    6. 6
    7. 7
    8. 8
    9. 9