ATTN: We need your help to support our game!Learn More

Soldier!

Your help is needed to achieve our funding “Stretch Goals” so that we can introduce the first new vehicles into WWII Online in almost 10 years, increase and purchase vital software to improve our team’s organization and produce additional vehicles!

This game would not be possible without you and your support!

Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 142

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

Player created squads

Squads
  • Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Quick and Dirty overview of my Idea for a radically different Capture System then the existing system of Capture-The-Flag. The Basic Definitions: 1)  Mission Spawn Points (MSP):  Once upon a time, a former Rat, KFS1, offered up an Idea on his Blog about making Mobile Spawn Points more Mobile.  He suggested, without going into to much detail, that Infantry on a Mission be provided some means to Adjust the location of their MSP after its already been placed on a Mission....without having to bring in another Transport to do so.  Borrowing on that Concept, my suggested Mechanics for making Mission Spawn Points  would be as follows: The Mission Leader selects a location for a new MSP.  Two or more members of the mission, other than the Mission Leader, would move to secure the new location (or already be there).  Once its 'Secure', the Mission Leader himself would then move (walk or be driven) from the present MSP to the new secure locale and once there, 'Activate' the new MSP (re: Build the MSP PPO) in its new location.  This would represent the Mission Leader moving his Command forward.  Every MSP created throughout the mission would represent the 'Line-of-Advance' for the Mission.  Additional limitations on where an MSP can be re-positioned would be as follows:   An MSP can be no closer than 100m and no further than 500m away from the originating MSP. An MSP can be created no closer than 100m to a Friendly Spawn Point. An MSP can be created no closer than 500m from an Enemy Spawn Point. 2)  Reserve Spawn Point (RSP):   The RSP would be the Spawn Point in the Mission's Line-of-Advance immediately prior to the present MSP. 3)  Capture Points (CP):  Under my suggested system Choke Points (Rat definition of a CP) would no longer be Towns and Capture Points (Player definition of a Flag Facility) would no longer be the needed.  Rather, they'd be merged and redefined as every single point on the map where a Road and/or Railroad intersect/meet, as well as Bridges, Hangars, Train Stations, Docks and Factories, all of which represent links in the Supply system. In order to Capture a CP, an MSP must be created within 100m of the CP. 4)  Initial Spawn Points.  The first time an Attacker joins a Mission, he initially spawns in at the RSP and must move forward to the MSP in order to be 'attached' to that spawn point.  The first time a Defender joins a Mission, he is automatically attached to the MSP. 5)  Player Deaths: If a Player is killed three (3) times, the next time he spawns in on the mission he spawn in at, and is attached to, the RSP and must move forward to the MSP in order to be re-attached to that MSP. 6)  Overrun: If more players on a Mission are attached to an RSP that have been forced to respawn at the RSP then are still attached to the MSP, the MSP is considered Overrun.  The Overrun MSP disappears, the RSP becomes the new MSP and the previous Spawn Point in the Mission's Line-Of-Advance becomes the RSP.  All personnel still alive and still attached to the Overrun MSP are now considered attached to the New MSP.  Players attached to the RSP when it converts to the MSP are considered attached to the new MSP. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ How the Capture System works: An Attacker can Capture a CP if they can move their MSP to within 100m of the CP.  However, if the Defender of the CP has one of their MSP within 400m of the CP, the Attacker is unable to move to within 100m of the CP and Capture it (due to fact that an MSP cannot create within 500m of an Enemy MSP).  The Attacker must then first Overrun the Defending MSPs, forcing the Defenders to withdraw before they can move forward and capture the CP.
    • we all do sometimes... ur time will come!
    • @jaymako Check out this thread below and see if it fixes your issue. http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/topic/402045-game-to-large-for-screen/    
    • I had a problem with game not lunching after latest patch so I reinstalled game. after doing that game launched proberlly.  Now the screen is so smallI cant get passed the unit selection screen. what do I  do before Ireload game to insure screen is set to take up full screen as before since I cant get to preference screen. thanks for any help I am wanting to  play asap
    • had to do this, same problem. password wrong, then it was ok butgame wouldn't start. deinstalled and reinstalled and all was fine.
    • 1. The main database underlying the central server of course has to be able to manage all of the live objects in the game. As an object spawns with interaction range of a given client, or moves within that range, the central server communicates information about that arriving-in-interaction-range object to that given client. The client has its own database to hold information about every live object it's told about by the central server. That's how the client is able to make decisions about which of those live objects will be rendered and otherwise interacted with. When the interaction radius of a client is flooded with live objects, the server can't send them all. The server has limited processing cycles...it has to handle the traffic for every client...so determinations that it makes as to which live objects to pass onward to a client are crude, maybe based on a coarse calculation of distance...closest first up to some number, then no more. My understanding is that as the interaction radius is extended outward, the percentage of possible interactions that are not chosen to be live-managed by just one of the involved clients, but that are managed by the other, goes up dramatically. 2. The interaction radius cannot be increased only for naval and air objects. Ships cannot be allowed to see land objects at ranges where the land units cannot see the ships. Aside from the game-engine-design question, that also would be historically backwards, i.e. ships at sea are visible at much greater range to either land or air observers than the reverse. I'm totally a supporter of realistic interaction ranges for the deep water naval game. I don't think that can happen, for several reasons, in the same technical environment with land combat.
    • I have been stuck trying to get my Thrustmaster Hotas working with WW2 online.  The problem is with the keymapper for tanks. I can't seem to assign steering to the joystick. The game recognises the Joystick fine and it works well for flying. But when trying to assign the X axis to steer the tank well no go. The game will recongnize that I have assigned the correct axis but when I try it in game the I can't steer. I have cleared and restored default key bindings but still no go. Any ideas all you smart people?
    • I dont think they're around any more
  • Popular Contributors