Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 880

1.36 (Hybrid Supply), the return of town based supply (garrisons) on the frontline with moveable brigades. Any and all questions and discussions can be discussed here.

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

Player to Player awards! Whether you're Allied or Axis, check this forum to see who has been recognized for outstanding effort!

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Player created squads

Squads

• Upcoming Events

• Been some good town additions imo. Haven't fought in NW towns - so can't say, or SW, but all those new towns look interesting. What I can say, is some towns are more fun to fight in, say Lier - with those extra buildings and facilities. Gedinne, Eghezee, Hannut,  etc.
    • Stats am i...i am stats...always LGR 
    • Those sound like some awesome additions, would love to see then included! Thanks DOC for all the work you put in this game over the years. And for putting up with us [censored]ing in the fora constantly
    • I am still curious about something I myself never got to see in action during a campaign. The last terrain build I made before being thrown overboard with a liferaft and a canteen of water included a few new "ideas" with respect to town layout and contestable facilities. It never got put into a build, but I understand that Merlin51 changed that recently. I don't recall the towns this experiment was done in other than I *think* they are centered around the north-east area of the map, maybe 5 or 6 towns in from the factory edge up in that part of the world. The facilities are like little factory districts that can be captured, and often called "xxxxx Power Station" where "xxxx" is the name of the town they are in or nearby. They would show up in strat as a city facility, if that's how things still work these days. They were created to add a little pizzazz to existing towns and see if a more extended "combat" zone could be created especially seeing as towns made in the early days were tiny and didn't cover a lot of real estate. Did these efforts ever get included in subsequent terrain updates since way back then ? I'm just curious if they turned out to be any good as far as improving small town fighting experiences where this was trialled ? The buildings central to these "power stations" would be the 3 level factory with the smokestacks and conveyor belt thing and of course the warehouse building with the ramps outside the entrances. Some other small buildings would be employed to create cull-de-sacs and laneways (giving it a maze like quality) where CQC might be fun. I can't be much more help than this, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'm curious what you think.  
    • I see what you did here
    • 2 AOs indeed help keeping a ground to head to. With the current HC/system-placed AO it could contribute to favour ninja caps however. That is why EWS triggered (or sustained) AOs will help keeping players engaged, while guaranteeing sustainable forces in every AO. I also observed during 1.36 beta the issue of allied veterans having to sit in the bunker with newbies not playing/contributing/communicating like they should. Hence a handful of axis were flooding the town in TZ3 and were almost unstoppable until another veteran went to sap their FMS. Veterans guys were having fun though on a very dense area (bunker), while newbies kept falling like flies, running anywhere but the right direction. I have however checked the figures: there are no less (unique) allied players than axis. It is just a matter of how long they remain online.  For 18 years I believe that it is really a matter of leadership and cohesion. our game concept has no sense without these. What could be done to further keep players busy and engaged? We can decrease AO setup timer to 5 minutes, and increase the bunker radio to 15 minutes, but still, I believe our whole game dynamics mostly relies on how spawn and objective locations are managed. We indeed can note that: - flags are 10m away of spawn depots  - Bunkers are INSIDE army bases 10m away of spawns  - some army bases design are literally camp traps, when not being in the center of town 100m away of  most depots - objectives are spread out in a 360degrees arena, there is no real tactical battle frontline - FMS’ are deployed 360degrees around town with the objective of concealment instead of combined arms ZOC - FBs can become a battle killer when ninja sapped  All these favor ninja actions and don’t promote teamwork nor generate localized battles. This generates poor situational awareness both for friendlies and enemies. Except when a very well organized squad (or with large numbers) gets involved. if numbers on the defensive side are high as well, these design errors become less visible since we enter a real attrition battle. IMO The core issue is just there. If we manage to find out a way to improve how spawns and objectives are made available, this should improve the experience for everyone in all timezones even with severe unbalance situations or population numbers. Keeping players engaged and thus keeping sides balanced. This is just my current analysis of the situation and I am still working on gathering evidences. That is why your feedbacks here are useful and important. And as @sorella said: Austerlitz bordel! (Amen to the 3eDLM)
    • Hehe. Probably my greatest humiliation in life personally or professionally.  I did quite enjoy gut-shotting you a couple times as well ... your body all folded up like a pretzel. Brought a smile to my face.
    • I don't know what game these people are playing when they talk about getting rolled by a team of 12 inf
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
    2. 2
    3. 3
    4. 4
      XOOM
      XOOM
    5. 5
      rpw1
      rpw1
    6. 6
    7. 7