Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 363

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

Player created squads

Squads
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    flas441
    Newest Member
    flas441

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • I can fit 50 people in a bedford, i dont think capacity is an issue here LOL
    • Well, all of their useful APC's were off in NA and such.
      I saw a pick of a 37L with a box on the back, but its a bad pic i cant tell if its canvas or an actual box.
      Guess maybe the 39L if it exists before june?  Dont think any post june vichy designed stuff would be eligible? It would technically be axis. 
    • On what scale i wonder?
      He does not seem 6'2" when i look at him near anything in the game be it vehicle or buildings or misc stuff.
          Cant, not enough seats
    • The infantryman model is 6'2" tall, if I correctly recall the discussions we had on that question back in the Design Forums. That's about 12% too large compared to historical average German/British/French young adult male heights in 1940. Try fitting this many infantry models onto the underlying vehicle models: Whatever defenses may have been offered in the past, it's clear that the model scale relationships are goofed up.
    • Laffly S15 TOE was cute, but was used only in various colonies...not in France itself. Lorraine 37L was only a supply/ordnance carrier and sometimes a gun tractor. It had only a shallow cargo box, therefore could not serve as an APC. Lorraine 38L was intended as an APC, but carried only four men in its own armored box. The other six men of the section had to ride in an odd tracked armored trailer. An APC with a permanently attached trailer would not be able to be backed up, a key requirement for an APC, and could not tow a gun out into the field...another key requirement for an APC. (Certainly the SdKfz 251 had that capability, and presumably the model will be reviewed in that regard when the APC set is filled in.) The 37L also could tow a tracked trailer...a bulk fuel container, for supplying tank units in the field. Lorraine 39L was just coming to production in 1940. It's unclear from the relevant history if a few units were produced and used in combat in the last days before the armistice. In any case, it should be eligible for T0 because certainly it was contracted for production no later than the July-August time frame, based on conversion of the existing production lines for the 38L design. May be troops picking up their early-production Lorraine 39L at the factory. All of the Lorraine tracked vehicles, not just the 37, could tow light and medium guns when needed:    
    • Comparison of Universal Carrier and Windsor Carrier: Universal Carrier...used by Britain, Canada, some by USA. Transported a half section. Windsor Carrier...used by Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, others. Transported a full section. Both vehicles utilized suspension elements identical to those of the Vickers light tank. Both could tow a two pounder or six pounder, but not the seventeen pounder.
    • I usually just run up behind / beside them and shoot the gunner, or someone else already has.
      Poor guy needs a gun shield, his lifespan is about the same as the wack laffly gunners. Eh, fine by me, just hold it off a tiny bit to get a UC modeled (I dont think the loyd provides much protection), and a Lorraine 37L or a Laffly S15 RAM or TOE which we can make from the existing Laffly should be good to go no?
      (Me say LAffly, faster to build?)

TOE (I think it was a rear box that can be fitted, but im not 100% positive)

RAM
          And this is NOT how to hot drop in your UC

Now if it was WWI

• *** That point alone is why the Axis want a 251 in T-0. Hmm, no, that is not what I stated or why I posted this topic. Pretty sure I stated, historical reasons for adding the 251. I also suggested panzer divisions only and only in limited quantity.  Why would I do that if I wanted them everywhere to run around in large towns?
        Your belief of why axis requested it is wrong.
      The simple fact is both Poland and France had 251 vehicles of type A or B. Since there is so little difference among them (a, b, c or d), the C can easily be substituted for the A or B. It's historically accurate for axis to have a few 251 vehicles in tier 0.  
  • Popular Contributors