Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 696

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

Player to Player awards! Whether you're Allied or Axis, check this forum to see who has been recognized for outstanding effort!

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

Player created squads

Squads
  • Upcoming Events

• You’re right.  People getting in and out of vehicles was completely unrealistic. I feel sorry for all those WWII troops who had tanks manufactured around them and then were stuck there for life. I was on Rock Island Arsenal one time looking at a Sherman on display. The guys inside were like damn I wish they would have built a way for us to get out of these things when the war was over. 
    • Sorry Pitt. My question was to Euro players. To gauge them.  
    • But bro - Brad Pitt did it in ....
    • One SMG or carbine-class weapon per tank, for close defense use...not one per crewman.  The concept was not to arm the crew if they bailed out. A bailed tank crew presumably was at the edge of friendly territory, and had no need to be armed if they sensibly high-tailed it toward their own lines. The tank commander generally had a personal sidearm. One SMG per tank, for close defense use...not one per crewman. As above, the concept was not to arm the crew if they bailed out. The tank commander generally had a personal sidearm. It was the right choice for a game that needed to differentiate itself from the competing Rambo shooters, and it made historical sense...unlike the unrealistic alternative that you're advocating.
    • Have you put in a support ticket or  Have you ran the WinMTR  against 'auth.playnet.com'?
    • The 25-20mm class ammo used to be coded out via joules delivered for guns and tracks. The tracks and guns ONLY start accumulating damage when the minimum threshold of joules is exceeded.. then every subsequent round hitting exceeding that minimum accumulates until damage is taken. So lets say hypothetically the tracks on a Sherman have a minimal joule threshold of 300,000 Joules. If any round hits that track and only 299,000 joules are delivered the track does not start accumulating damage - if its 300,001 joules, the track took a tiny bit of damage. That being said I think there is a issue with the 232 ammo, one had a h2h run in with Canukplfs Matilda and the exchange from point blank made canuks Matty smoke white .. that was engine damage.  I also saw a S35 get exploded from a off angle from the rear by a 232 in Kalmhout IIRC. SO I think its very possible you did get tracked but it should not have happened.
    • Someone poured 3+ mags AP from a 232 to the track of my Matty CS, and I got tracked. I did not pay much attention to the 232 so he kept pouring in the AP. (we all know a 232 cant damage a Matty, right.) Before I could despawn I was sapped. Isnt the track damage cumulative, shoot more at the same spot and it will brake?
  • Popular Contributors