Forums

1. COMMUNITY NEWS & SUPPORT

1. 1,146

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

Player to Player awards! Whether you're Allied or Axis, check this forum to see who has been recognized for outstanding effort!

1. GENERAL DISCUSSION

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

Player created squads

Squads
  • Upcoming Events

• Does this mean Axis will get V-1 and V-2 rockets to bomb English factories? 
    • Yep. Part of getting the game organized is getting better tools for Ohm to use for tier changes. Among other things, maybe that would allow CRS to re-visit the half-year-tiers idea that they used briefly.
    • Even weeks later same thing, I’v had to take more chances just to get more action, but for the most part it’s been real slow. That and since the new version my latency went from 50m to like 80ms and got lag for the first time in forever. 
        Thinking about giving “Hell Let Loose” a shot, it’s becoming less fun to play this lately.
    • *** What if we had a Tier 6? Need to get 3, 4 and 5 automated first......
    • So Soon, when CRS gets it all together and the game starts making money... What if we had a Tier 6? The first tier Germans would have all StG 44s, and Panzerfaust 150s, and E-50 tanks. FTP German players would have G43s and Panthers. Of course, the American side would be late war stuff too. Still M1s, but 3.5 inch bazookas and Super Pershings, with regular Pershings and Pershermans in the infantry divisions. The British would have Centurions, with lots of Brens and PIATs plus rifle grenades and two inch mortars, and lots of ammo.
    • I don't think linking them to AO's is the right answer. It's basically a truism, that by the time an AO is placed, a town is usually invested by MSP's and EI, so the hope of an engineer, or even several of them, to put in place a meaningful set of fortifications in that situation is frankly laughable. They may be able to build a handful of strong-points for short-term use. The whole point of persistent PPO's in "fortified" towns is to allow the HC's to build, in cooperation with players a degree of extra - and variable - resilience to the town, and to give the enemy - from time to time - a new set of problems to cope with, rather than the same old people taking the same old MSP's to the same positions in the same towns. But, owing to the time it takes to put meaningful fortitications in place, this is really a "behind the lines" job, well before the town is AO'd. Consider fortifying Antwerp or Koln. It'd take days of efforts by many players, even with persistent PPO's, to do it well. In practice, I think persistent PPO's would arise from initially separate strong-points being linked progressively over time.  I do however like the idea of a the degradation rate of non-persistent defenses having situations where the degradation timer is "stalled". I would suggest that if a town is AO'd the timers of all PPO's, regardless of the side who put them there, are stalled unless manually blown up. And they don't restart until the town is no longer AO'd, and all the FB's to it are held by friendlies. Only then would the 3 hour timer (or whatever it is)  recommence. A further AO before the 3 hour mark would reset the timer's to 3 hours. That might be the best way of getting rid of PPO's that would need to be tracked by players pc's, whilst keeping them relevant if there's active fighting in that area? Some thought will need to be given to aircraft, as it's foreseeable that fortified towns could become tricky in terms of frame-rate for pilots. I would suggest that if an aircraft is in the air, then certain classes of PPO are disregarded and not rendered by the players front-end to mitigate this. Specifically wire, and possibly fox-holes (as opposed to trenches)  Once an aircraft is on the ground, wire - and it's colliders would be rendered. Which might lead to some fun with denying airfields with wire. Personally I'd like to see an airfield specific "crater" (and collider) caused by sappers, engineers or bombs, which would only occur on the airfield "square", and which would provide an obstacle to landing or takeoff. A 3 hour timer would be sensible here, but it could be higher...    
    • Enough to about Bus0. What about the STG44?
    • it sounds funny and it dies easy.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
    2. 2
    3. 3
    4. 4
      tater
      tater
    5. 5
      Silky
      Silky
    6. 6