Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 1,077

1.36 (Hybrid Supply), the return of town based supply (garrisons) on the frontline with moveable brigades. Any and all questions and discussions can be discussed here.

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

Player to Player awards! Whether you're Allied or Axis, check this forum to see who has been recognized for outstanding effort!

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Player created squads

Squads
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Actually it makes sense to me, the locally housed units get kicked out and now surrounding units are on the edge of town fighting in.  From a game perspective gives an enemy a chance to spawn tanks and fight their way out until the last, or go infantry only and the battle becomes more of a meeting engagement as defender tanks rush in. The smart attacker will look at it as an opportunity to crush several towns of MG at once, at the least making holding the town if won easier and maybe making the next attack more possible. The only unfair part is if it is an underpop side not able to really lock down those edge depots with inf or arrived tanks.  Like anything else, have to manage the battle and have discipline and foresight, or lose.
    • It differs on many levels- 1) Individually paras are more powerful then conventional inf, having a LOT of HEAT rounds and para sappers having 4 and a higher ratio of MGs.  Not to mention paras drop behind obstacles and defensive lines. 2) They are an external source of infantry to the garrison/brigade paradigm that would upset the whole balance if they are spewing forth infantry supply like aerial manna. 3) A very big point of what the Rats are doing with the supply lists is dropping MGs down to historical ratios to rifles.  This forces people to either be wise with them so they are available at the critical instant, or waste them and lose.    Para Supply From God puts a LOT more MGs into the mix. 4) The truck bumbles in and is heard quite a ways away.  The defender can either have inf/guns/FMS in the field to deny the truck/blow it's MSP or tanks that shoot it before it even sets, certainly afterwards.  The Magic Carpet Ride would require a LOT of AA and air cover to have even the remotest chance, especially if they can orbit up there while people are spawnjumping.  All adds up to it needs to be a trip from AF to target to get the big benefits without making the game be 50% para, which is where this goes. No. NO.   Actually, come to think of it, I'm kinda shocked you don't get this, given that you are the current poster child for 'we need spawning limits like a front line'.  What you describe is pretty much twice as bad as any truck FMS spawning in the rear of towns.
    • A rise or berm is necessary at water's edge because the poorly-concepted terrain technology put the default ground level at 0 height, and the water level also at 0 height. Having no elevation change at the water's edge would look funky as heck. So, a berm is put there. That said, the complaint comes across as just another request to be able to kill without being killed. Naturally a land unit is going to take advantage of whatever terrain protection they can. Nothing unrealistic about that. If your vessel is so close to shore that its gunfire is flat-trajectory to the target, and the unrealistic gunsights don't allow you to pinpoint-aim your shots to hit the mostly protected enemy gun...well, you're too close to shore to survive. In any case, everything about the present quickie-kluge naval game is silly. Model functionality, choice of vessels modeled, unrealistic armament, no terrain, no weather, no night, twenty foot tall eighteen foot beam vessels on rivers with twelve foot bridge clearances and twelve foot wide dam locks, bad game integration and absence of purpose. The whole thing.  
    • I just checked into the geforce experience thing.  I had never activated it.  So, that's not going to be the explanation in my case.  Thanks again!
    • I watched it, I admit probably not the smartest thing Ive done but I did get some good kills during the sortie and the one before.
    • It's not going anywhere. Nothing here was ever meant to be perfectly balanced.  
    • You dont see friendly tags in a plane dropping a bomb from 2km up.
    • I believe the biggest damper to the Naval game in WWIIOL is the ridges that were built around all the waterways.  If Naval Vessels were able to provide direct fire they'll be more involved.  Chamfer down those banks and let the ships see to shoot at what's at the beach.  It's freaking idiotic that a Pak or ET can get down behind a berm and fire down on a destroyer and sink it but the destroyer can't hit the pack because it can't return fire because of the silly berms.  You can stand off and try to range things with your guns, but no one ever gives feedback on the effect of your fire... Add to that the silliness of watching my rounds go through enemy ships with no effect 90% of the time while their first salvo disables every weapon on my ship.. Silly, Silly, Silly..
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
    2. 2
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
      Silky
      Silky
    6. 6
    7. 7
      DOC
      DOC