Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 925

1.36 (Hybrid Supply), the return of town based supply (garrisons) on the frontline with moveable brigades. Any and all questions and discussions can be discussed here.

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

Player to Player awards! Whether you're Allied or Axis, check this forum to see who has been recognized for outstanding effort!

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Player created squads

Squads
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Why is restock/oversupply that requires player effort a thing? (I'm asking the universe more than you, lol) It seems like exactly the sort of boring, repetitive work that we would want a tool---a computer, say---to do for us   Presumably it's a way to work around brigade movement speeds at the "map" level, and the fact that every town now has a HUGE garrison? Seems like they could make the map troop units ("brigades," even though they are far smaller than a real brigade, unsure why they even used that word) far smaller, but have more, and more types. Then they could have the movement times changed somewhat, and you overstock/resupply by moving units at the map level.

• ***  because it fuels the MSPs on the wrong side of town Hence, why a good idea to see if there is a way to make a frontline, and not allow FMS to set in enemy territory. Then, can keep warping, which is needed btw to restock/oversupply.  
    • As someone who has been away a while, I find seeing the eastern part of the map sort of interesting.
    • I agree in part. But people have choices. A choice in attitude, which doesn't mean a person won't get frustrated etc as you point out properly.  However, the only actual freedom any human has, in finality, is to choose the attitude they will have even in the most desperate situations. (i.e. Viktor Frank's, Man's search for meaning book and his concentration camp survival experience comes to mind, yes an extreme example, sorry) ..and we are far from that type of experience in playing this game. I was on with Blitzkader last night as we tried to get Bergheim. People had LOTS OF FUN. People CHOSE to have FUN. Yes some frustration but in the end that group got kills, caps, almost got the town, recapped FB's, organized, talked, chatted, we cursed our opponents by name (we love ya though) and their equipment etc.... but in the end this group and individuals CHOSE to be positive and  and HAD FUN despite knowing it was pretty well over. I don't find end of map fighting depressing or frustrating when people group up. I like the challenge. Make the other team "work for it" The point i guess is that people can take a positive attitude, find like minded individuals/squads and decide to have FUN. When people end up on their death beds they won't be moaning about a game. They may however, think a tiny bit,  about the friends they made and good times had through an experience like this community. Just my 2 cents anyway...        
    • No Axis Players (the super secret, well not so secret ingredient) Congrats to allied on the map win
    • Except that it ties in with what I said about target acquisition when in current FOV past what my wartime data typically says you would have range and identification/orientation ability. For instance, if we are in a fight, and your plane is faster than mine whether statistically or because I have taken battle damage, and I am able to make you lose sight of me long enough to get some separation, and increase that separation past 4K, you will not be able to reacquire me by my informational icon and chase me down. You would at that point have to reacquire me by my plane itself, even after figuring out which way I went and keeping me in your FOV. Pushing the informational range icons to 6k gives you 2 more km with which to just figure out which direction I went that you need to focus your FOV on to reacquire me by an artificial neon sign around my plane and then chase me down, hampering my ability to disengage and limp home.
    • I'd add that my comment about the depot snipers and WHY they stay there is right. I think that if players had some sense of a front, even within a town, that would help get them outside. Note that fronts are not a sharp line, and in town, such a front will have a mixed area that's huge. In the tiny towns in this game, the mixed area of friend/enemy is likely a large % of town (it's probably related to weapon effective range, and towns are just a few hundred m across). Actually, I wonder if that is a chunk of the problem... I've observed that the most fun fights (to me, anyway) are with CPs separated by a few hundred m from the rest of town. In short, just outside typical engagement distances for inf. Maybe the problem is simply that towns are too small for there to even be the possibility of any sense of safety/order even on the "rear" side of town.
    • I've honestly liked the idea if what it could be more than what it ever has been, frankly. I supported it subscriptively long after I had decided that it was unlikely to change. What I like is when it feels immersive. The other day I spawned into a battle (AO got pulled shortly after) where the FMS was in a farm compound just outside town. It was just exactly the right situation in game to actually feel right... farm compound looked better than town does, enemy mostly THAT way, with reasonable paths to either flank them or be flanked by them, without feeling like they were teleporting an army behind us. It was fun, and winning/losing the actual town made zero difference to me, I was more interested in local problems (what to do about that really well-placed MG34 that we couldn't really shoot at, etc). That;s when it's fun, my goal in suggestions is to increase the number of such events in game, nothing more, really. If the game would be better off without my sub, I can play F2P and complain regardless if you like.   Yeah, it is, and it is required to clear the depot (which could simply MIA anyone left in the depot XX seconds after it is capped, instead). I don't like warping as an exploit, because it fuels the MSPs on the wrong side of town. Generally (not always) linked depots are on the side that the linked town is on. Reasonably, all attacks come roughly from the direction where the enemy actually is (those enemy held towns). In game, they come from all directions. With warping, every depot can in effect be a spawnable, and the 360 nature of battles is honestly my biggest issue withthe game. I think that fixing that alone would be a huge, positive change (it would make warping not matter at all as a side effect).
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
    2. 2
    3. 3
      ian77
      ian77
    4. 4
    5. 5
    6. 6
      Capco
      Capco
    7. 7