Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 897

1.36 (Hybrid Supply), the return of town based supply (garrisons) on the frontline with moveable brigades. Any and all questions and discussions can be discussed here.

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

Player to Player awards! Whether you're Allied or Axis, check this forum to see who has been recognized for outstanding effort!

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Player created squads

Squads

• Upcoming Events

• @Kilemall  To add more targets for the bombers, we have added the ability for bombers to partially destroy a Forward Base. You will still need to get boots on the ground to finish it off, but bombs can now destroy the vehicle spawn and the others tents but can not damage the infantry spawn. This will also draw more bombers towards the FBs which in turn will give the AA guns more targets at the FBs. And maybe with more bombers in the air, it will spur on more fighters. Source : https://www.wwiionline.com/community-notes/reports/16634-upcoming-1-36-1-0-release-overview
    • Thanks for your feedback dre.  One thing for sure is we are always looking for ways to improve gameplay and the game experience.  1.36 has brought significant changes and we think it's only fair to at least let the first campaign play out.  Although not perfect, we have some seriously great battles happening in game and town's changing ownership back and forth multiple times.   UI Changes are coming!  
    • Players with very high pings basically take an extra bit of time for their client to register that they are hit/dead.  During that extra bit of time, they can get a shot off on you even though you might have gotten the drop on them.     When fighting players with semi-normal pings, I find the CQB to be bearable (dare I say reliable?).  It's the fringe guys that cause most of the issues.     Just look at a game like Overwatch.  The CQB in that game suffers so much from high ping that they segregated the world's playerbase into 3 separate servers:  America, Europe, and Asia.  The same is generally true for any online FPS.  Even players in online games without intensive FPS/CQB will gravitate towards servers with lower pings over higher pings.     There's only so much that can be done in regards to lag/ping if we are going to remain a world-wide game on a single server.  
    • @Choad thats exactly my gameplay and is the reason why I generally set dfms and cut enemy ingress to town. Alas being f2p means I use a rifle mostly and in cps it is a virtual crap shoot who dies first or we both die.... 1.36 has generally been a success but the lag for me has increased, even with less enemy around since wbs finished. I will say tho, it seems just certain players are uber laggy - others seem to die when hit first time.
    • I rage quit last night. I was trying to help, so I wasted my play time staring at the same walls of the stupid CP building that apparently is most of my gameplay. Huge map, loads of sorta interesting terrain in some places. Spend 99.9999% of the time in the same couple rooms, often not even looking out the window (because that gets you instantly killed if any enemy are around). Can the radius of  what the game calls the CP simply be increased to extend well beyond the building?
    • I did, too, somewhere between 10-20 years ago. The hate I got was astounding.   Again, poor game design. The reality is that with a 100% player game (not to harp on my wish for more "AI," but what the heck), any cooperation is going to be organic to specific groups of people, and increasing that cooperation is partially a function of good game design. It's always gonna be cat herding, I think. If defending an area was the thing, then where people shoot from doesn't matter. I posted the idea of a player spawning a fire team of 3-4 inf. What if a ML spawned that. When a new player spawns in, they simply take over one of those "follow the leader" AI inf. You could set a formation (abreast with Xm between guys, trailng, whatever), and the AI guys literally follow you. Any that get killed attrit the spawn list, and the ML take over the next guy in line if he gets killed. If I accept your mission, I take over one of the guys. Note that in this case the AI inf might not even have any ability to do anything except walk, crouch, go prone (they mirror the player on point). They need not shoot. This is ML as mobile spawn point. At some distance from an enemy facility perhaps they stop following, and they become a sort of easily killed MS (assuming making them ever shoot is not something possible without it being OP).
    • The idea of 'regional' or area AOs is a good one and has been outlined in detail in Kilemall's 'New AO' (NAO) system thing. There's a lot of posts about it around.  The other stuff, yeah its irritating or tiresome but I'm not seeing the 'make a mission' issue (tho there is a new one about missions /spawning from one - but rarer now if not gone) - and some are cosmetic. Would imagine some of this is being dealt with by Rats 2.0  + Volunteers as they can get to it.  Log in more: your side needs you at that FB right now. 
    • Yeah - i think most of us would agree the issues with CQC are pretty substantial and probably the #1 candidate for a "fix" or at least "improvement" for many of us.... (sorry for if the video is grainy and dark) Funny thing is, my squad mate is going on a jag regarding laggy players ... then this happens to me lol. For the ceremonial death by lag - fast forward to the end    
  • Popular Contributors