Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 1,057

1.36 (Hybrid Supply), the return of town based supply (garrisons) on the frontline with moveable brigades. Any and all questions and discussions can be discussed here.

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

Player to Player awards! Whether you're Allied or Axis, check this forum to see who has been recognized for outstanding effort!

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Player created squads

Squads
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ninassa
    Newest Member
    ninassa

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 138 Guests (See full list)

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • When setting FB Busts or DFMS, I’m always updating .orders. Cuz that pops up before you spawn in. 
        You’re a pretty seasoned vet, so the waypoints are more so for the new guys who will report “I’m at the target, what do I do now?” 
    • Progress toward three spawn-in choices of bomb weights/numbers for each bomber is great, as will be extending that to fighter bombers. Fighters were mentioned as well. I don't know what ordnance choices will be provided for them, but it's good progress whatever it will be. Does this project's scope extend only to bomb weights/numbers, or will other ordnance choices be developed?  Rockets for fighter bombers. Torpedoes for those aircraft that historically could carry them. Delay-fuze heavy case bombs for effective bombing of naval and factory targets. Instant-fuze thin case bombs for effective bombing of personnel, soft vehicles and town buildings. Smoke for masking. WP for anti-personnel, incendiary and masking.
    • The system is working properly to update your billing method now, we fixed it this morning. Was a hoop with our processor that we had to jump through.
    • No, a larger city would be easier to defend than a small city, I disagree completely. Remember, the attacking side is under a time constraint, all the defenders need to do is to keep it contested for 2 hours until the timer runs out. This would make taking a huge city during low pop almost impossible, and I don't think that is a bad thing. 
    • Yes, often it is.  We have a two layer EWS system. EWS goes off, and one, maybe two people go to investigate. Not multitudes of players. They then report via side channel the imminent (or lack thereof) threat. It is the response (or lack thereof) to their requests for help that is the fault of the defending side.  We have both seen numerous times a city under siege in the initial stages of attack, begging for help, with their plees largely going ignored. People cannot or will not get out of the pattern of leaving their current mission regardless of it's importance or lack-there-of. It's the get killed, hit enter, get killed again, hit enter again, lemming effect.  This really isn't a failing of game play mechanics, rather the total lack of situational awareness of the player base (or the fact they don't actually care about anything other than personal stats).  I have seen you argue on multiple occasions for changes that would make for more realistic game play.  Well scouting and guarding was a huge part of WW2. EWS has gone a long way towards eliminating the necessity of 24/7 guards on every front-line city, it just needs to be used properly.  the only thing I think that might need to be looked at is the common practice of moling a city. 
    • I’ll just wait until the system works properly. 
        p.s. sorry about all the threads, I had a meltdown when my payment wasn’t accepted and the forums were freezing combined with a [censored] mouse button.
    • No, the defending force is NOT to blame. A town has multiple "Brigades" in it. By your reckoning, the number of players in game willing to stand around on the off chance someone attacks is all that matters. Standing around in case someone might attack is BORING, and it's stupid game design. There's a tool for doing boring, repetitive tasks---it's called a computer. I don't pay money to stare at nothing. The game pretends there is a BDE in a town, it doesn't ACT like there's a BDE in town. You can literally get shot walking out of your barracks as the very first person to (quickly) respond to EWS. Players should not be expected to deploy en masse to empty towns, which is what would have to happen for any meaningful defenses to be in place. The only way for the sort of reactive defenses we have to look like a real defense would be for some sort of persistent FMS system. Ie: someone goes and sorts out good ATG locations, spots for LMGs to cover, etc, then when players respond, they are able to spawn at those, already where any competent CO would have deployed those assets ahead of an attack (and of course attacks would have to come from, you know, the direction the enemy forces are, instead of where they come from now---360 degrees (except on coasts, obviously---of course, even then you'll get MSPs on the wrong side of town from the beach, because magic). That should still be a thing, and would help. The trouble is what if that 1 AO is a huge city, and the defenders don't have even enough people for 1 guard per CP? That huge city, regardless of how many BDEs worth of supply it has will easily fall.   This is also a good idea. I would add that the AO should have to be placed such that the relative balance of forces is commensurate to the relative population. The OP side can select huge cities that during even pop times would be a nightmare of attrition. Multiple linked towns vs multiple BDEs and multi-AB Garrisons. Low pop? A handful of people could take the same town, with the only supply a single linked town.
    • The scenario you paint above is largely a part of low pop. The larger the population, the less likely that is to happen. And even when the town falls in that matter, it is the defending force that is laregly to blame, as they were too apathetic to come in to defend, so they largely deserve the outcome they get.  As far as low pop goes, I think only allowing 1 AO for both sides combined is more effective.  What I mean by this is if the population is below x amount of people, then of both allies and axis, only one of them is allowed to be on the attack, the other on the defense. This would last until either the AO town is taken, or a time period expires (like one-two hours). And then the other side gets to place the AO. This would slow the low pop rolls, without eliminating them entirely. This would help to concentrate the battles as well. And a whole lot less coding. 
  • Popular Contributors