Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faltnor

I got a HELL of an idea.

14 posts in this topic

Its simple and can be labeled in 1 word. RADIOMAN. We have 1 rifleman per squad assigned to be a radioman he has his private channels set to other radiomen. We forbid using tgt, mission and all other channels besides Area. And radiomen have to contact other radiomen who then relay the info out to their squad. it would be hard to monitor who's pming each other but if we use the honor system I think it might work and make it more Realistic.

If you don't like it feel free to insult it but I only really care what pillbox has to say about it and i made it a thread so other players could see it in advance if its used.

IIRC it was used in the old events, where the grenadier in the squad would be the RTO. I'm not sure if it was successful or not though, ask Lindir next time he pops by.

Edit: It sure would go a long way to minimising the amount of people on the netwings TS server.

sounds liek a great idea and would be fun to try, yeah its unenforcable but so are the bino's?

sounds liek a great idea and would be fun to try' date=' yeah its unenforcable but so are the bino's?[/quote']

So is allied eqiupment. Pillbox never commented on your 2 snipers............. I wont even talk about the rest of the equipment.

Using incorrect equipment > then using bincos.

Appears you have the greater evils.

*hands over new side blinders to replace broken ones*

go have a look at my squad from game 1, it clearly states that I had a sniper in my team. I cant command another squad to do something, my slates clean

Ok back to the topic at hand. We would have to use the honor system. NEO!!!!! But I think if everybody followed the rules for potentialy more fun it could all work out.

Grunt #1 "Oh noes! Our RTO died!"

Grunt #2 "Well...technically someone else could pick up the Radio"

Grunt #1 "But...but...is that allowed?"

This is a really great idea. Unfortunately, it is one that can never be enforced. I would have to turn this one down.

If there was a way to control this I would say yes, no problems. But what happens when one side is playing by the rules, and the other ignores this? They could have a huge advantage over the others.

There are many things I would like to introduce, but due to the mechanics of the game, this cannot be done. Even the situation with people ranking down is a problem - people just do not listen. Neo was very Noble in accepting his punishment. He did not complain. However, he could have easily argued some point, and that is what most people would do.

Sorry, but I have to turn this one down.

Ok but what about a reward? You give some sort of a reward for turning someone in who isnt following the rules like half a rank point. So you turn 2 people in you get a rank point. Also illyria if your rto died, just say his radio was damaged so you would need to either take an rto from a different squad or retreat to the commanding officers or another squad who still has one. I dont know I think this would be fun to try for at least one event.

Neo was very Noble in accepting his punishment. He did not complain. However' date=' he could have easily argued some point, and that is what most people would do.[/quote']

*reports to probation officer*

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0