Mac TeamSpeex Client Beta

54 posts in this topic

S\ mac soldiers

you must have 10. 4 {tiger}

server is Endround.com if that does work try 66.28.224.202

you need to enter your AHQ forum name and password

Jaguar finally joins the TS

ruck out S\

If someone can host it I'll send the file. The other site seems to be down.

Can you E-MAIL the file to me?

I have a feeling if TS threatened him thats why his site is down.

Can you E-MAIL the file to me?

I have a feeling if TS threatened him thats why his site is down.

What's your e-mail?

We need to get it hosted. I tossed the docs that came with it, all I have is the app. It's only about 800 K in size. If someone with the whole compressed package could host it, that would be great.

We need to get it hosted. I tossed the docs that came with it' date=' all I have is the app. It's only about 800 K in size. If someone with the whole compressed package could host it, that would be great.[/quote']

http://homepage.mac.com/maximum/TeamSpeex-1.0beta-no-unicode-support.dmg

http://homepage.mac.com/maximum/TeamSpeex-1.0beta.dmg

;)

Does it matter which one you use?

It works like charm, especially considering it's a beta of a new app.

Well done.

s!

I have two. One for Tiger and one for Panther. I am running the Tiger one but I have seen reports of Panther users running TS just fine.

It doesn't recognize iMic. I don't have a built in mic port on my old PowerMac why I need to use a iMic to connect the microphone.

But TeamSpeex don't sees it. :(

It doesn't recognize iMic. I don't have a built in mic port on my old PowerMac why I need to use a iMic to connect the microphone.

But TeamSpeex don't sees it. :(

I am not registered to OKW yet but I tested it for you. It "sees" my MacAlly USB microphone.

Try something, run audio midi setup from utilities folder inside applications, select default input to your iMic.

Check if its iMic on Sound Preferences too (system prefs)

Unless they bought a $100+ professional pre amp, every g5 user out there are using sort of USB microphone or M Audio mic input. G5 only has line in port which is not suitable for microphones.

Do you have the right Speex version for your OS? There are two versions out there. If that is ok, try moving the pref file nl.savvy.TeemSpeex.plist to the trash. (I am guessing here). It holds the input device.

If not trash it all and install again. I don't need to say repair permissions I guss.

Lycka till!

I am not registered to OKW yet but I tested it for you. It "sees" my MacAlly USB microphone.

Try something, run audio midi setup from utilities folder inside applications, select default input to your iMic.

Check if its iMic on Sound Preferences too (system prefs)

Unless they bought a $100+ professional pre amp, every g5 user out there are using sort of USB microphone or M Audio mic input. G5 only has line in port which is not suitable for microphones.

Thanks for your efforts ilgaz. :)

I don't know what happend, but yesterday did it work just fine. It recognized my iMic too. Maybe it just needed some time to get aquinted with my computer before it decided it would recognize the iMic too, I don't know. But what is most important is that it works now. :)

Fantastic News! And it;s working well too for me in OSX 10.4.2

One question though,how can i change the relative levels of the game/TS ?.AT the moment the game noises are way louder than the sound from TS, and in the WWII Config app, i have turned the game noises down to below '1', but it doesn't seem to affect the level of the game audio..ANy help appreciated!

i found something on versiontracker.com

it's caslled 'detour' and seems to allow one to set volumes for different applications..I am going to test it out now, and will report back if it works or not!

WOW - TS is working on the G5 - very cool. Right now I am just using headphones to listen to the conversation. Couple of questions.

A. What exactly is the Fn key for talking? What other default keys can be used.

B. What type of headphone/micro phone is needed for this.

As a side note - the sound is very clear no static at all.

Pia out.

WOW - TS is working on the G5 - very cool. Right now I am just using headphones to listen to the conversation. Couple of questions.

A. What exactly is the Fn key for talking? What other default keys can be used.

B. What type of headphone/micro phone is needed for this.

As a side note - the sound is very clear no static at all.

Pia out.

A: You can set any key you want in the settings.

B: Not sure what you mean, but any headphone with a microphone should work I guess.

I have pluged my microphone through an iMic (USB devise). That is not the best solution since iMic gives a small letancy. But my old PowerMac G4 has no microphone connection why this is my only option.

Is there anyway to use a mic/headset combo and get the game audio and TS through the headset. I have external speakers that I can use but I prefer the game audio coming through the headset. Any thoughts.

I was thinking about this type of Plantronics headset -

http://www.ahernstore.com/dsp400.html

Logitech USB headsets. Logitech® Premium USB Headset 350 works with Ma c OS according to their homepage.

I have the earlier model and it works great. It does not sound as great at the Sennheiser HD-25s but you get what you pay for.

Is there anyway to use a mic/headset combo and get the game audio and TS through the headset. I have external speakers that I can use but I prefer the game audio coming through the headset. Any thoughts.

No problem. Just plug the headphones to the sound out port. Then will you get both the game sound and the TS sound in your headphones.

The only issue is to set the sound level so you can hear the persons on TS without losing the game sound too much. But that issue will you have to deal with anyway. ;)

I have a pair of these DSP400's and they work great. Only thing that then needs to be sorted out is the volume balance between the two apps. I found the following helpful: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/detour/.

Ok I am a bit computer challenged so let me know if this is correct.

I currently use a headphone to play WW2OL and it is plugged into the front of my Dual G5 (sound out port) and that works fine. I have speakers and sub but do not use them due to the gaming computer is in the family room where the family watches TV (not an option).

Several of the mic/headphones combos I am looking at are USB and some have dual plugs like my headphone set (guess one for sound one for mic).

What exactly do I need and where does it get plugged in. Can I use a USB set up plugged in the front of the G5 or do I use the same sount out port on the front of the G5 - or do I need to access sound ports from the back.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0