Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Mac TeamSpeex Client Beta

54 posts in this topic

A USB headphone/mic should work just fine plugged into an available USB port.

I believe the G5's also have analog line-level inputs and outputs as well as digital optical (toslink) audio input/output ports.

So... you should be good to go with whatever choice you make.

I happen to use a Logitech USB headphone/mic combination.

s!

Dog3 - thanks. i picked up a Plantronics mic/headphone set and I get TS sound and mic - but no game sounds through same heaphones.

External speakers are not an option with this set up.

Thanks.

I have a G5, and I have the extension that allows me to plug my headphones in the front, but the mic cord in the back.

Problem is, I can't figure out which jack to plug into. There are two: one for output, and another for (I presume) a microphone or other input. But the mic doesn't work when I try Teamspeex.

S! Hux.

Go to the Panzer Lehr page and there's TS instructions there. That's how I did it, and it worked within a day (after you're validated).

TS works reallllllly well, I thought it was going to be very buggy.

The only thing is that at first it did not recognize my USB logitech mic/headphones. I had to use the MIDI utility and then viola.

NOW saying this, what is a good key to use to speak? Also how do you use the chat?

One last thing, I had it running for 2 hours and my machine lost all audio and had a hard crash. Donno if that was a TS bug or just one of those things. I just rarely crash ever.

Stan -

Couple questions - can you hear game audio, TS audio and use the Mic through the one headset - if yes how are you set up. I have a USB plantronics and I am trying to do the same.

What is the MIDI utility - is that part of OS or did you dl.

Hot Key - recommendation

* Key to right of Num Pad - Cyclonex recommended it

No crashes so far - had TS on the other night for 2+ hours just listening no issues.

Good luck, S!, and have fun

The MIDI utility is in the Utilities folder, inside the Applications folder. It's called "Audio MIDI Utility" or something like that.

I didn't think about using that...I probably should, because I spent an hour last night trying to figure out how to get my mic to work.

Working 100% - I am using the Plantronics mic/stereo headset I mentioned and I am now getting game audio sounds (very good doppler), TS transmissions, and a working mic. all in one unit.

Use the MIDI program I mentioned - I am not sure what I did but the USB Plantronics shows up in all the little windows in the utility.

I was on TS last night for 3 hours straight and it worked like a charm. S! - heres to hoping we see some enhancements to TeamSpeex 1.0 Beta moving forward - I sent over a nominal $10 to the author.

OK I messed with the MIDI utility, and I still can't get my mic to work. Is there something I'm missing? Someone please post your MIDI settings here, or give some advice. I plugged the headset into the back of the G5, the top jack was for the earphones and the bottom jack was for the mic. If I have this wrong, let me know. TIA

OK I messed with the MIDI utility' date=' and I still can't get my mic to work. Is there something I'm missing? Someone please post your MIDI settings here, or give some advice. I plugged the headset into the back of the G5, the top jack was for the earphones and the bottom jack was for the mic. If I have this wrong, let me know. TIA[/quote']

!!!Make sure you do not have a mute button on your headset.!!!

1. Most of us are useing USB so this is the USB way I got TS to recognize my headset.

2. Did you see your headphone in the Audio devices under Default Input?

3. You need to change over Under System Settings: Default input: your headphone name. Same with Default Output AND System output

4. Goto Properties: Chose your headphones for all of the above.

5. THEN open your Control Panel: Under Hardware click on: Sound

6. Goto: Input tab > Select your headset, speak and see if your input level is moving > if it is, the computer is recognizing your headset.

7. Goto Output > choose the device for sound output > your headset name.

8. Open TS

9. TS preferences in the menu bar > select Audio input> your headset

10. Audio output > your headset

11. Select your hotkey

12. log into your TS server, if no one is on goto Audio and click on Voice Loopback and speak into mic. If you are hearing your words coming back to you via headphones your up and running like a charm.

Thanks for the tips. I think I've done everything you said, but it might be moot anyway....I just shelled out the loot for the Plantronics USB headset. The one I have now is just a cheapo simple one with the standard audio jacks.

steps for setting up teamspeex

-download it for the radio room on the jaguar base

- install it

- run it

-hit connect

allied server is Endround.com if that does work try 66.28.224.202

cellect the registered buttom

you need to enter your AHQ forum name and password ( not your wwii ones)

- reset your hoykey to the * on the number pad

- a list of channels should come up scroll down to the 5thbrig and check if anyone else is on if not join a brig you wish to fight with .

6 . hold down the hotkey and report for duty in a break in the radio chatter . eg ruck reporting for duty

7 . request squad or brig mission details ( when giving mission details state the brigade and the mission leaders name that you are on as we now enter the battleground through brigade and miisions and not by the town you are in . )

keep in mind mac soldiers dont have the plugin that puts your name over the battleground screen like the pc soldiers do so pls give your name first : eg ruck to jaguar new mission posted in 5thbrig im mission leader spawn inf to attack a kalm> roos fb plz

good comms wins wars

ruck out S\

server is Endround.com if that does work try 66.28.224.202

When i go to either of these I get someones squad site.

I tried to use Login using the same info I log into ww2online webpage,

I also tried the same login for ww2online forums, neither will work - it says its invalid.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there another site I can try loggin in at?

I cant get past this first stage :(

When i go to either of these I get someones squad site. I tried to use Login using the same info I log into ww2online webpage, but it says its invalid.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there another site I can try loggin in at?

You need to create an account at allied high command. That is what is needed.

GL

You need to create an account at allied high command. That is what is needed.

GL

I already have an account with Allied High command. The username and password is the same for that as it is for Forums. Still not able to login.

I even reset the passwords to confirm - still no dice.

Is La Garde Imperiale really the only place to access Teamspeex?

Is La Garde Imperiale really the only place to access Teamspeex?

It looks like "endround.com" and "La Guardia Imperial" are both being hosted by playnet.

If you go there using your browser, which uses port 80, then you are getting routed to a website server.

Teamspeak uses a different port so when you put that address in Teamspeak, the Teamspeak port gets routed to the Teamspeak server.

You need to enter "endround.com" in the "server address" field of the TeamspeeX "connect to server" dialog.

The "nickname" field entry is how you will be shown on the TS connection list.

The "login" and "User Password" fields should be the same as your AHC forum login/password combination.

So...

1) If you are behind a firewall you should make sure that port 8767 (I think) is open for both TCP and UDP. Maybe someone who knows TS server port definitively can post that info.

2) If there is a problem with login/password then an admin is going to have to take a look at it.

Hope that this helps.

s!

steps for setting up teamspeex

-download it for the radio room on the jaguar base

- install it

- run it

-hit connect

allied server is Endround.com if that does work try 66.28.224.202

cellect the registered buttom

you need to enter your AHQ forum name and password ( not your wwii ones)

- reset your hoykey to the * on the number pad

- a list of channels should come up scroll down to the 5thbrig and check if anyone else is on if not join a brig you wish to fight with .

6 . hold down the hotkey and report for duty in a break in the radio chatter . eg ruck reporting for duty

7 . request squad or brig mission details ( when giving mission details state the brigade and the mission leaders name that you are on as we now enter the battleground through brigade and miisions and not by the town you are in . )

keep in mind mac soldiers dont have the plugin that puts your name over the battleground screen like the pc soldiers do so pls give your name first : eg ruck to jaguar new mission posted in 5thbrig im mission leader spawn inf to attack a kalm> roos fb plz

good comms wins wars

ruck out S\

Why should I do that? I play for the axis side. ;)

Seems like an excellent beta, but in the last couple of days I've been disconnected from it. That's probably just an anomaly, though...I'm almost positive there's no conflict or bug going on.

Seems like an excellent beta' date=' but in the last couple of days I've been disconnected from it. That's probably just an anomaly, though...I'm almost positive there's no conflict or bug going on.[/quote']

Well the TS server goes down, its not your client. Everyone drops off the TS server and they also have to reconnect.

In system preferences under sound in can you see that your microphon is working? You can also open iChat and see if you can see it working there.

Sound / Midi can also be set to your headphones if they are USB.

What kind of headphones and mic do you have?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0