Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Khsolo

Which video card is better?

28 posts in this topic

I've had a Nvidia 7800 GT for a while now... and I have had no problems with it, nor with any of the games I play/played (WoW, LoTR Online beta, WWIIol).

People in here are correct though, DX10 is soon to be the mandate so spend wisely as almost all of us will need to replace gfx cards sooner rather than later.

The 6600 is a better card than the 7100. Never buy a GS card.

The 7600GT is the best price-point right now at about US$100.

The 8000 series performs well... If you want to spend US$300. Not worth it for your budget. WWIIOL would perform much better if you spent that extra money on a faster CPU/more RAM rather than a video card.

Don't even worry about DX10 now. First you need Vista, which has lots of compatibility problems (including WWIIOL). Second, there are no dx10 games out. Third, you would be smart to wait until prices come down. Prices are inflated because there is no competing product from ATI yet. Wait for the bugs to be worked out of Vista, better dx10 drivers released, and another generation of cards. Unless you have a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket, its just silly to get a dx10 card before you at least get one DX10 game.

When in doubt' date=' go with the higher number?[/quote']

Nope.

That doesn't work with video cards.

6600 is better than the 7100GS...

but don't get the 6600 confused with the 6600GT...the 6600GT is significantly superior to the 6600.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0