Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hotfink

CTHL and CTD problem

42 posts in this topic

Well i dont see anything out of sorts in your system. I agree with jwilly this sounds like a hardware problem. when you installed the water cooler are you 100% certain you have full contact to the cpu and or gpu? because what you are describing sounds like an over heating issue. You may not even be aware it came partially loose.

I just had a similar problem not 3 weeks back could not figure out how i was getting so hot where my video card was concerned and i had it damn cold in my

office. so since i couldnt do much of anything i started pulling my computer apart and cleaned it when i pull the vid card out. i started to unscrew it, once i got part way thru two of the screws had worked them selves loose and part of the cooler was detached from the gpu. since i never touched this part it was either like that from the factory or it worked itself loose some how.

once i fixed that my heating problems went away. and until i had the cooler half way apart you couldnt tell it was loose. So if i reinstalled it with out ever checking it it would of just partially hung detached off the gpu.

So im thinking you may of thought you connected it right and might of missed

some little thing that is causing a serious over heating i would recheck and make sure you have everything put in correctly and watch the heat build up the moment you hop in.

im almost betting this problem came about right after you hooked in the water cooler. also on the side double check your power supply is giving what you are expecting it to give.

you may have an air pocket in the system that would account for the partial play of last nite the moment the air got to the cpu down you went.

or back the cpu off 200mhz and see if you last longer before you tear it apart

if you start lasting longer it may be the cpu if you dont move up and down the resolution get a good bead on how its lasting may be the video card.

this really does sound like either a hardware or driver problem, that's why i wanted to see the dxdiag.

last nite i was getting a cthl and ctd one was due to the rain outside for the cthl the other was i had my cpu over clocked a tad too far.

Just really really make sure you have the water cooler hooked up correctly.

then let us know how you are doing from that point.

from the last couple of things you said it really sounds like a hardware problem.

best i can offer you at the moment, good luck.

I posted the dxdiag for u in a zip file above I checked the Watercool system it is fine no air in system and Powersupply is Brand new and I checked output and it is running fine I play all other games fine just when i load this one I CTHL as soon as i get to select persona screen and then i cthl

Hardware problem my arse. Lots of people who hardly ever CTHL are getting it everyday since the last patch, including everyone I fly with in my squad.

As usual I'm sure it will get sorted soon.

Hardware problem my arse. Lots of people who hardly ever CTHL are getting it everyday since the last patch, including everyone I fly with in my squad.

As usual I'm sure it will get sorted soon.

You want to give it a go kinnara? lets see how well you do at fixing this stuff with limited information half the time. If not take a deeeep breath and chill.

took me since the patch to work my problem out. and i tossed what i did to fix it

up on the forums to aid others.

What have you done?

somthing isnt right here hotfink. ill go dig some info see if i can find something here.

But this statement here > I made it half way through last night without a Cthl then had em over and over and over for 4 hours straight < says its on your end.

If you are 100% certain its hooked up right and it runs everything else fine and you did push the cpu to its max other than playing this game with no problems

Then it has to be a driver or os problem. last week i would do the samething you described last a few hours and then bam i could barely log in hugely frustrating . and what repaired it is that registry fix i did to the TCP chimney offload stack, transfered it to my processor, tone down my oc on the cpu and video card. and it synced itself right back up.

So if you are wondering why im going along that path that is why.

too bad you wernt nearby be a hell of alot easier to have a look, lol, ah well.

get back to you after i have a read.

Ramsey, I appreciate that some of you guys put a lot of work in for free to help fellow players out and some of you really know your stuff.

Problem is some people who post here don't - they jump straight in with "it's your hardware problem", "update this", "reinstall that", "turn these off", etc. People (including me) spend a lot of time and money based on some of the advice that's dished out here - some of the posters (not including you in this) need to take a bit of responsibility before giving out this advice.

Over the three years I've been playing this game there have been plenty of problems that suddenly appear after a patch and affect a lot of people with different systems, people who've done nothing to change their system. Within a couple of weeks there's a another patch or something is changed by CRS and the problem mostly goes away (whether CRS announce that they've done something or not).

My money is on the current rash of CTHL cases being one of these.

Ramsey maybe I can get ya on TS and See if we can figure this Blasted thing out I am GOnna go nuts soon :) I honestly have tried everything I even Placed my New hardrive in and only loaded the Nescities and CTHL non stop Plays Red Orchestra just fine and Call of duty 3 I am noticing Higher Ping Ratings though investigating that further

Well Dxdiag reports issues with the network connectivity.

Network Tab: The registry information for the DirectPlay application 'HR2Game' is missing or damaged. You should reinstall that application.

HR2game.exe is a game called Hotrod Garage and searching on google people with simular nasty problems to their computers is being reported.

It could be a malware or trojan but Im unsure about this. Seems like it doesnt help unistalling Hotrod Garage.

The only thing expect uninstalling that game is to search the registry for hr2game and kill all registry entries to it. But thats my guess. If that doesnt fix it, Id go and format/reinstall windows.

Removed all Traces of that Game Massive Improvement. I think u might have figured it out Grandien I eliminated all things factions or fators with that game. Have not Cthled since.

Interesting read...and what a outcome......

wonder how many ppl may have hang the RATS out to dry, becasue of a malware/virus issues .... and nothing to do with it CRS's end

glad he found the problem i just blew my system out of the water trying a fix for hotfink, hence why i havent popped on today til right this moment lol. its safe to say that idea of mine didnt work worth a crap.

somthing isnt right here hotfink. ill go dig some info see if i can find something here.

But this statement here > I made it half way through last night without a Cthl then had em over and over and over for 4 hours straight < says its on your end.

If you are 100% certain its hooked up right and it runs everything else fine and you did push the cpu to its max other than playing this game with no problems

Then it has to be a driver or os problem. last week i would do the samething you described last a few hours and then bam i could barely log in hugely frustrating . and what repaired it is that registry fix i did to the TCP chimney offload stack, transfered it to my processor, tone down my oc on the cpu and video card. and it synced itself right back up.

So if you are wondering why im going along that path that is why.

too bad you wernt nearby be a hell of alot easier to have a look, lol, ah well.

get back to you after i have a read.

Then it has to be a driver or os problem.meaning software, im gonna walk away now whistle and smirk. :D

Btw kinnara i understand what you are saying but as i told a certain individual on here alot of the times it doesnt wrap itself into this game it tends to an oc issue, driver problem or as in this case software problem. If you notice most of the time i say and repeat what i say along these lines. this worked on my system this is what i have going or i have done, or the word "might" in the heading of a post.

Anyone who has fixed pc's for any amount of time will never give you a guarentee that it will work. hotfink here, he had the exact same problem i had, mine was in the os itself, his was a piece of software that affected the os somehow.

See i have a problem when only have of our community has a problem if it were game specific then we all "should" have it, like that on the hour every hour blow we had a bit ago, that was a game issue. My wife wasn't having a problem playing the game where as i could stay on for more than 2 mins at a shot. How can that be the game if only 50% of the house has the problem?

Thats why you wont see me simply blame the rats straight away for a problem, I will always look first into it before i say anything. If it is their game ill be right there to back you all up, and more than likely i already put it in a message with details as to what is going on.

So don't think im kissing one sides butt or the other. im just trying to work out the problem "blind mostly" and hope "mostly" that what has worked on mine or

others computers fixes the computer in question that im dealing with on these forums.

Next.

Over the 4 years that I've been a rat, we've continually cranked up the amount of bandwidth the game uses; remember that NetCode2 is only currently deployed in a very limited fashion, only one piece of data is going over netcode2 - it just happens to be the biggest bandwidth user - the intent being to ease the congestion on netcode1 connections.

We're trying to find common cause amongst these CTHLs to identify if its something we've changed in the host code, on the physical servers, or maybe one of our ISPs has changed something, or maybe something we changed in the client.

So far it's been very inconsistent. Certainly does seem to be a high percentage of Windows XP64 SP2 users and an equally high proportion of dialup vs cable users.

I hope this is the same CTHL problem I am having! Bought a new 56k modem thinking it was the problem.

I have the same game and just ran dxdiag and found the same Directplay application “HR2game” is missing or damaged. And add and remove programs will not kill this thing.

Found it in Registry Editor, but unsure of what I should delete. It’s in the file DirectPlay8, and that has 2 files in it. Application and Service Providers.

HR2game is in the Application’s file. so I just delete the game file and leave the rest alone?

After not playing for about a week I logged in only to get cthls every few minutes. It's starting to stress me out and I feal like this game has been unplayable for the last month. I am on the verge of unsubbing.

I hope this is the same CTHL problem I am having! Bought a new 56k modem thinking it was the problem.

I have the same game and just ran dxdiag and found the same Directplay application “HR2game” is missing or damaged. And add and remove programs will not kill this thing.

Found it in Registry Editor, but unsure of what I should delete. It’s in the file DirectPlay8, and that has 2 files in it. Application and Service Providers.

HR2game is in the Application’s file. so I just delete the game file and leave the rest alone?

I went trough the registry and Pulled anything out that had anything to do with hr2game It messed me up real bad I have a Bad ace comp and I was gettin 20fps With it all Removed I am running at 90 fps and no CTHL Thank you to everyone that helped me

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0