Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sixtoes

B.S.O.D

15 posts in this topic

I've been getting regular BSOD's for a little while now,they only happen whilst running WW2 online, and its starting to get me down! The files that keep coming up as the problems are.....

usbport.sys

kmixer.sys

p17.sys

The last two are (I believe) soundcard driver files, and my drivers seem pretty old but creatives update software says that they are the most up to date for my card.

I have run an extended memory test which came up with no problems. Any suggestions?

Since the last patch kmixer.sys which is the microsoft kernel audio driver has caused a total of 23 Blue screen's for me.

Your sound driver seems really old if it's really from 7/7/05. Have you tried updating the audigy drivers? (There is an Audigy driver 02.09.0016 from 9 Oct 06 on the Creative driver download page.)

I'll double check my case, but I'm getting the same thing, just before hand I did a registry cleaning, now I can get on and stay on for anywhere from 5 minutes, to 1 hour before losing everything, BSOD.

It happens when I actively use my joystick, or try saving my keymapper configuration.

8800 GTX

Intel Core 2 duo

Asus mobo

sata drives

i get a different stop code for each BSOD

I'll double check my case, but I'm getting the same thing, just before hand I did a registry cleaning, now I can get on and stay on for anywhere from 5 minutes, to 1 hour before losing everything, BSOD.

Doesn't quite sound like it, but what sound card do you have? Realtek sound causes BSODs.

Yeah, I have realtec onboard an asus motherboard. Didn't know they were causing a problem... but I haven't been on the forums much.

I will try installing the latest realtec drivers to see if that helps. Bloody shame too, I just got my frame rate up, and so I want to play now that I /can/...

bloody bsod's.

Yeah' date=' I have realtec onboard an asus motherboard. Didn't know they were causing a problem... but I haven't been on the forums much.[/quote']

Yup there is apparently a bug in the Realtek driver that causes the machine to shut down. You can confirm by turning sound off in the settings and playing for a while (offline) to see if it doesn't crash anymore. Setting sounds to "software" instead of "hardware" may help, but people seem to have mixed results here.

Getting a dedicated sound card is the only foolproof way to avoid it, iirc. And it doesn't have to be a fancy one to work better either.

On the realtek front i dont have a problem with that sound card i have the ALC850 on an asus A8V, earlier on about a year or so ago i did but once i updated the chipset driver "via 5.11 or 5.10 version" and updated the sound card driver i havent had a problem since.

Those that are having problems and are similar to what i have MB wise or Chipset wise. try that above. if not send me the specs "all of them" and ill have a looksey and see if i can't track down the problem.

I got a solution form another techie forum, I didn't think it would work but...

The guy on the forum thought this was probably a problem with my page file. The solution he suggested was.

reset the page file size to '0'. shut down the PC. It complains but do it anyway.

Reboot. defrag the C drive. reset the page file size to 1 1/2 times the physical ram.

I was sceptical but thought I'd give it a go.

Hey presto not one single bsod crash since.

On the subject of Realtek ac97 - I had this as onboard sound before the soundblaster. PC would bsod within about 30 seconds of getting in a tank.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0