Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest BigEd110

systems keeps shuting down

46 posts in this topic

i read through some of theses threads about FPS and all that

but i have a

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

Page File: 252MB used, 2208MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8800 GTS

I have turned off threading, but hereis my problem

The game keeps shutting my PC off

I can practice off line with infintry and i can drive a truck

but as soon as i try to fly a plane my system completly crashes

I run Call of Duty 2 no problem, i play many other games that have higher minimum requirments.

I honestly thought this game would run real well with my PC. But i dont understand what the probem is

any suggestion.

PS: i have some other questions about team play. where should i ask them. I play with about 6 guys and we were all going to sign up till i had this problem

You could try disabling restart on error... mycomputer/properties/advanced/startup and recovery - uncheck automatic restart

and see what kind of error it will give you?

You could also attach your "DXDIAG" report... there's a sticky post on how to do that here somewhere?

I have pretty much the same system and it runs perfectly except for an occasional sound fadeout when flying planes.

I do use Gainward's "Expert Tool" to override my GTS fan to 100% 24/7... also look at your CPU's voltage setting in the bios, if you can manually set it to the correct voltage rather than automatic do so... mine did a few freaky things I didnt like... 95c once!

Memory and graphics card get hit with demands for maximum activity simultaneously. --> Power supply rail voltage drops --> CPU says "hey, not enough rail voltage", and shuts the system down.

The above advice about your power supply is probably the best place to start.

You can find instructions for posting your DxDiag specs here.

well i trully thank everybody for there input but i am not a reall computer guy and half the stuff you wrote did not understand

i tried loweing my settings and set my sound to 16

then i tried to fly a plane again.

bang system failer once again

this time after reboot a got a microfoft error report message. as soon as it was done reporting my browser pop up to this page

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/Response.aspx/10/en-us/5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0?SGD=eced3abf-64ce-4e5c-a771-c8ca362b6988

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information

Problem report summary

Problem type Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Microsoft Windows Error Reporting

Solution available? No

What does this problem mean? Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause Unknown

Computer symptoms A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Technical Information

How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems in Windows XP (Q322205)

THATS WHEN I FOUND ANOTHER AFTER EFFECT

after reading this i went to post this info here and i noticed my keyboard was not working. i rebooted and still no keyboad. i used a diferant keyboard and stil not working. I rebooted and still no keyboard.

i then turned off the computer and unpluged the cord for about 20 sec. when i turn on the computer again the keyboard worked

Unless i can get some real resons why i dont think i will try again. it make me nervouse that the software could do such harm.

It appears you have some driver that the game is asking to do something that it doesn't know how to do.

I would try updating the sound and video drivers.

Also make sure in the game settings that your choosing your sound card and not "primary sound device". Same for video.

Don't be overly worried by the system not rebooting to a completely functional state. Sometimes that happens. The problem is that the power supply is continuously supplying part of the motherboard circuitry even when the computer is "off". If the range of software malfunctions in a particular session due to the underlying issue--a driver or whatever--is sufficiently great, it corrupts the continuously powered segment of the system as well. Then a reboot, which only assuredly clears the non-continuously powered segment of the system, doesn't give you the fully cleared system you want.

Many power supplies have an on-off switch on the back. Turning that switch off for several seconds then back on will give you a completely clean boot.

anyone remember that game that was loaded up on someone elses system that killed ww2? I am wondering if he doesnt have that. I cant remember the thread nor the game.

well i trully thank everybody for there input but i am not a reall computer guy and half the stuff you wrote did not understand

i tried loweing my settings and set my sound to 16

this time after reboot a got a microfoft error report message. as soon as it was done reporting my browser pop up to this page

right click my computer -> properties -> advanced -> startup and recovery settings -> uncheck "automatically restart". This will give you a blue screen instead of automatically rebooting. It will contain some info about what caused the problem. Record that info and repost it here when it happens.

Also go start menu -> run, type "dxdiag" and then "save all information". This gives you a file with complete info about your system. Send it to a zip file (right click on file, send to -> compressed folder) and attach it to a post on the forum. (It's a very, very long text file so you don't want to paste it into a message.)

"Problem caused by device driver", I'm betting on Realtek onboard sound.

What is the total wattage of your power supply?

what is the amperages of each rail +/- sides?

I think you are chasing a wild goose with the PSU, IMHO. Here's the key:

If it's the PSU there shouldn't be a reason it would crash when flying or tanking as opposed to when playing inf. But that's exactly the symptom of the Realtek crash bug.

A shutdown (to power off state) with no warning (as opposed to a blue screen) can indicate one of the safeties kicked in (overheat, low power, unsafe power).

A lockup (no power off) cany indicates a driver or memory problem. A blue screen (stop error) may or may not occur.

It doesn't seem to me it's a video issue, I agree with the power / audio angle.

Suggestions:

Can you run 3DMark with no issues? That would really test your PSU and rendering pipeline.

Can you run Prime95 with no errors for 30 minutes or more? That will test your CPU, CPU power regulator circuits, memory path and airflow. It is truly the torture test to verify stability at full bore.

Did you install the proper chipset drivers for Windows (as opposed to using the default)?

Other things I'd check are new BIOS, audio and video drivers. I'm not surprised that this happens with this game and not with others - you just may be hitting the "magic" combination.

Hope this helps,

I updated my realtech audio drivers ( basically that about the only thing that was suggested that i knew how to do)

Now it does not crash. I can fly a plane. It seem i can do any of the off line practices .

I have dual monitors. and I ran the task manager on the other screen while I was trying all this. I can see that the ww2 online program is useing 99% of my resouses.

I also play cod2 which is more graphical then this game and the most i have ever seen the resources go to is 52%

I am wondeing when the game plays online will i have more difficulties

thanks again

I updated my realtech audio drivers ( basically that about the only thing that was suggested that i knew how to do)

someone else reported this recently too. Maybe Realtek has finally fixed their drivers?? :rolleyes:

is it normal for the game to consume so much resouses. And while on line playing would it try to consume more. Is there any thing i could do to help it

someone else reported this recently too. Maybe Realtek has finally fixed their drivers?? :rolleyes:

since the 398's came out been a huge improvement. now realtek has put out the 399's the game runs just peachy, granted its not the worlds best sound card. But, if you are like me and not willing just yet to shell out a chunk of cash for a top end sound card. these will do fine.

www.realtek.com

is it normal for the game to consume so much resouses. And while on line playing would it try to consume more. Is there any thing i could do to help it

Yes it does, best way to help it along is by keeping whats running in the systray, "where the clock hangs out at" down to a minimum and cut down on whats running in services " make sure you know what you are doing BEFORE playing with those" that way you can put more to the cpu to play this game.

Think of it this way: if the game didn't use all available resources, it would run slower. Would you want the game to run slower than it has to?

It seems to work ok now , till i play online i will know if there are any more troubles.

thanks for all you help

and the best FPS i have evergotten is 14

game runs like poop

i installed new drivers audio and video

i turned off threadeing

i turned off water reflection

anybody have any suggestion

i play cod2 and have no troubles whats so ever i normally get about a 90fps in online play and is seems to be a much more graphically orriented game.

please help before my 14 day free trial is up

Thanks,

Biged

BTW what do i have to chang my name in the forums

Go to Start>Run and type dxdiag. A window will pop open and the program will run. There will an option to save a report to your desktop. Do so and then copy and paste it here.

it is too big for this forum

it is 50785 charcters long

tell me what part you need

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0