• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spook

1st Marine Raider Battalion

220 posts in this topic

June 7, 1942

Japanese land troops on the islands of Attu and Kiska in the Aleutians

On this day in 1942, Japanese soldiers occupy the American islands of Attu and Kiska, in the Aleutian Islands off Alaska, as the Axis power continues to expand its defensive perimeter.

June 9, 1944

The Red Army invades Karelian Isthmus in Finland

On this day in 1944, Russia penetrates into East Karelia, in Finland, as it fights to gain back control of territory that had already been ceded to it.

June 10, 1940

Italy declares war on France and Great Britain

On this day in 1940, after withholding formal allegiance to either side in the battle between Germany and the Allies, Benito Mussolini, dictator of Italy, declares war on France and Great Britain.

June 11, 1940

Britain strikes back at Italy

On this day in 1940, Britain demonstrates that it will not remain on the defensive, by bombing Italian targets in response to Mussolini's declaration of war on England and France.

Having already marked out an offensive strategy in the event of Italian aggression, Britain bombed targets within the cities of Genoa and Turin. Africa was also another theater of conflict, as Italy and Britain were imperial neighbors. Italy had just bombed targets in the British-controlled Suez Canal territory, as well as the British-controlled island of Malta, in the Mediterranean. Britain retaliated with a raid on the Italian military installation in Eritrea. Even the Pacific would see fallout from this new conflict, with an Australian merchant cruiser giving chase to an Italian vessel, which ended up scuttling itself rather than surrendering.

The 1st Raider Battalion is very proud to announce that Maj. E7USN and Pvt. Zenos have completed the Marine Raider Boot Camp and are now serving on Active Duty with "RDR", the 1st Marine Raider Battalion.

Maj. E7USN will be serving as the Battalion Executive Officer/Headquarters Company

Pvt. ZENOS is assigned to 1st Squad/1st Platoon/Able Company under 1Lt. Thorr

Congratulations Raiders!

I'm a returning vet, former Allied High Commander (Warrior - OIC4 1st Guards Armoured, OIC7 SAS Brigade) looking to make my way back into the game. I worked with you blokes numerous times back way back when you were the Royal Marines and must say I was quite impressed. I'd love to get back into it with this crowd!

I'm a returning vet' date=' former Allied High Commander (Warrior - OIC4 3rd Guards Armoured, OIC7 SAS Brigade) looking to make my way back into the game. I worked with you blokes numerous times back way back when you were the Royal Marines and must say I was quite impressed. I'd love to get back into it with this crowd![/quote']

Welcome back to the best!!

Thanks everyone! Glad to be here/back!

Oh, and just so everyone doesn't think I'm an idiot...lol...I meant 1st Guards Armoured. I just caught that a second ago.

June 18, 1940

Hitler and Mussolini meet in Munich

On this day in 1940, Benito Mussolini arrives in Munich with his foreign minister, Count Ciano, to discuss immediate plans with the Fuhrer, and doesn't like what he hears.

Embarrassed over the late entry of Italy in the war against the Allies, and its rather tepid performance since, Mussolini met with Hitler determined to convince his Axis partner to exploit the advantage he had in France by demanding total surrender and occupying the southern portion still free. The Italian dictator clearly wanted "in" on the spoils, and this was a way of reaping rewards with a minimum of risk. But Hitler, too, was in no mood to risk, and was determined to put forward rather mild terms for peace with France. He needed to ensure that the French fleet remained neutral and that a government-in-exile was not formed in North Africa or London determined to further prosecute the war. He also denied Mussolini's request that Italian troops occupy the Rhone Valley, and that Corsica, Tunisia, and Djibouti (adjacent to Italian-occupied Ethiopia) be disarmed.

Ciano recorded in his diary that Mussolini left the meeting frustrated and "very much embarrassed," feeling "that his role is secondary." Ciano also records a newfound respect for Hitler: "Today he speaks with a reserve and perspicacity which, after such a victory, are really astonishing."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0