Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.26.X bug thread

41 posts in this topic

Report 1.26.X bugs here.

Please mention your mac model, ram, video card along with the info if possible.

1.26.0 should be up Thursday.

Note there is a known problem with loading textures (which shows a momentary drop in FPS). This happens on the PC as well but it's not as noticeable.

The problems with FPS in the mac version when lots of people and vehicles are in your area or mission is still there too, it still refuses to be found. It's not affected much by any setting changes EXCEPT reducing player visibility to LOW. This seems to hurt multi cpu/core computers more. This problem isn't about drawing, it's something less obvious.

Forgive me for not being surprised but my game doesn't work since I DLed the new version. It loads up until that little red bar is fills up then the screen goes black and I CTD.

512MB ram

1.42GHz

Mac Mini

OSX 10.4.9

Not sure what video card I have, it's whatever comes with a power pc mac mini.

OK, I downloaded a security update and the game runs now but I cant zoom in or out with the map at any screen whether I'm in game or out. Also my screen is shifted over to the left like an inch when I'm in game.

Ehh, 512MB is too little to run the game at all. 1GB is the minimum. The game itself uses about 700MB real RAM.

I've been playing with 512 for ages. It runs a bit choppy sometimes but I doubt that is why my map doesnt work and the screen is shifted to the left.

OS 10.4

1.5 gig ram

Radeon 9800 Pro

DSL Line

My framerate has always been poor. Never exceediing 20 fps, but mostly playing around 14-15.

With this new patch, my rate is 4 or 6 fps if ANYONE is around. 13 or so if i am alone. Not fun.

Also, my maps show up, but is non-functioning 8 out of ten re-boots.

To me this is unplayable, and i will not re-up if it is not fixed. Too much of a drag. (Don't know if the blue-gun deal has been fixed either.)

Please advise.

Robota

Blue gun is fixed. Hmm my map worked fine today, I haven't seen any map problems during the beta period. My FPS is up (like 20) except with lots of traffic around, then its back to 1.25 levels (like 12-13) but not worse.

What does "non functioning" map mean? This code was substanitally reworked during 1.26 but no problems were seen in beta. I'm sure we can find it if some way to reproduce it can be found.

Also, try setting the vis limit to low (assuming setting it works now). That will improve your FPS more than anything else.

Look in /Users/XXXXX/Library/Preferences/ww2ol/wwiiol.xml

for

choices are 1,2,3,4 with lower numbers improving your fps. Only do this if the settings (which was a bug, not sure it got fixed) isn't changing the vis limit.

S\ Rats

Tried down loading and installing 126 and got a install error try again massage ???

Tried again and got the same , downloaning full version of 126 now I will try that and report back

ruck out S\

(full download worked )

Machine Name: Power Mac G5

Machine Model: PowerMac7,3

CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)

Number Of CPUs: 2

CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 1.25 GHz

Boot ROM Version: 5.1.8f7

1.8 G5

2gigs Ram

ATI Radion X800XT

3 Meg Up, 512 Down Cable

Had to actually download the patch from dl page so it would install, otherwise had error did not recognize the file type.

Frame rates hit 35 on the ground for a few seconds outside town, if ea, ai, boats, or it seems if anything shot my fps was down to 2-4 fps. HUGE lag spikes every minute or so on the ground. They start at spawn in, spawn in I had to wait 1 minute or so till my fps was up inside depot which never exceeded 12 fps. Ground game was just unplayable, so I flew.

Flying my fps is the same except for lag spikes... fewer, shorter, lowest was down to 6 fps for a few seconds.. flying was doable.

IN reality, I got tired of the lag and exceedingly low fps and had to log before I threw myself through my upstairs window.

Map is none functional for me, as in you cannot zoom in what so ever so mission creation was not an option for me, nore was looking at intown ownership. I could pan the map tho it was very laggy to do so.

Not the worse patch for Mac players as far as performance... only because the worse patch left Mac players on the bench for about a week or so.

Everything in the patch as far a features are awsome... to bad I cannot enjoy them ATM :(

"What does "non functioning" map mean? This code was substanitally reworked during 1.26 but no problems were seen in beta. I'm sure we can find it if some way to reproduce it can be found."

What I mean is my map comes up with the press of "M", but then I can not zoom in or use ANY function. It just stays in its "city" default mode.

Not very good when your ab is surrounded and you want to drive out a tank.

It is happening every time to me now. Reboots, logs, do not help. The only clue I can guve you is it seems to happen only when deployed, or at least as far as I can tell now. IF I am logged in and just checkinig map it is ok. (At least the last time it was) , then when i deploy, it does not work.

Robota

2.33 Core 2 Duo

2GB Ram

RadeonX1600 256mb

15mb down, 2mb up

While in big battles graphics get very choppy. I try to check my frame rate but can't because the delete button will not function. Also can we fix the tab out button so that while in the field I can tab out of the game without crashing.

Thanks for the help!

Do note that we had an open beta which everyone was encouraged to try. The performance issues were known (but liveable) but the map problem was not reported by anyone. Apparently both problems have some random component...

I reported the issues to Rick and Gophur.

Do note that we had an open beta which everyone was encouraged to try. The performance issues were known (but liveable) but the map problem was not reported by anyone. Apparently both problems have some random component...

I dont think beta had as many players to cause such a hit or something. The game is almost unplayable post beta.

We have had performance issues for going on 2 years now for the Mac, the performance issues should have been worked out somewhat for this patch. It was supposed to get better, not worse.

Anyway I know it will get worked out, but the game is behaving like there is some massive leak and lag stutter is the rule not the exception. I really, really like the content of the patch and wanna enjoy playing it.

So you dont think im a twit I will report that between lag stutters in er... at Folkstone (?)... big air, sea, and ground battle with lots of AI going off I was getting fps as high as 27 fps. That is about 9 fps faster than I had pre 1.26 in big battles, I hope that is a good sign.

There improvements in the opengl handling makes things faster, like you said, in between the problems. The major culprit is still not obvious although I have lots of clues. I see much better performance on my box but the troubles keep it from happening very often.

Two issues here:

(1) Peformance is relative to the number of vehicles/people in your area. This is the old problem.

(2) New spikyness related to loading textures which is momentary drops to like 5fps then a recovery.

The aren't related. (2) is new to 1.26.

Massive drop in FPS, in addition to huge lag spikes that come regularly. Game is basically unplayable now.

I'm down to about 3-4 FPS on lowest graphic settings (and I'm running native resolution). Here are my stats:

2GHz Intel Core Duo

2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI RADEON X1600 128MB VRAM PCI Express

Mac OS 10.4.9

Any help here?

There improvements in the opengl handling makes things faster, like you said, in between the problems. The major culprit is still not obvious although I have lots of clues. I see much better performance on my box but the troubles keep it from happening very often.

Two issues here:

(1) Peformance is relative to the number of vehicles/people in your area. This is the old problem.

(2) New spikyness related to loading textures which is momentary drops to like 5fps then a recovery.

The aren't related. (2) is new to 1.26.

OH I almost forgot - I get cornflakes here and there. I was getting them when bombs dropped in the harbor while I was infantry. I used to get that when I put my x800xt maxed out.

Massive drop in FPS, in addition to huge lag spikes that come regularly. Game is basically unplayable now.

I'm down to about 3-4 FPS on lowest graphic settings (and I'm running native resolution). Here are my stats:

2GHz Intel Core Duo

2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI RADEON X1600 128MB VRAM PCI Express

Mac OS 10.4.9

Any help here?

See my comment above at http://discussions.playnet.com/showpost.php?p=2468411&postcount=7. Graphic settings shouldn't matter as much as lowered the viz limit.

Thanks for addressing the issues here.

Let me say this: I never heard of an invite for a beta testing, however personally i dont have time for that, and I think since I pay for the game, and own a mac (and since your game supports the mac platform) I would think that the time for being the crappier cousin of the program should have long been over. I have been paying for bad FPS since I started almost 6 months ago. It is obvious that mac users are NOT a priority. I am sure that just the simple "blue gun " issue would have been fixed promptly if it were a pc bug.

But do not be confused , our complaints are not as trivial as a colored gun this time. It is unplayability that we are paying for. FPS of 2-4 in combat is not aceptable.(With player vis on LOW) Not having a map is not acceptable. I know the vast majority of your customers are PC users. However we both pay the same. So either cut the MAC program, or fix it. It is wrong that we should pay the same rate for an inferior version of the game.

I really hope that we get a fix very fast on this. I will await your reply concerning a time line on this. If it is not going to be soon, I will request a refund and not play till it is.

Please pass this opinion along also, along with the facts of the actual problems.

Thank you for your time.

First of all its not MY game, I pay just like you and volunteer to support the forum and do some bug fixing when I can (so I've invested a whole lot more). So don't expect any official anything from me.

The blue gun problem was not caused by CRS, the granny library developer did not fully support intel when 1.25 was shipped and it was their problem with the various animation bugs on Intel. it couldn't be fixed without rebuilding all the animations and testing so it had to be a full version update. But that's irrespective of performance.

Performance on the PC is up and down as well, for many people its better and for some people its worse. Happens every major patch. It affects the Mac version worse since the FPS is lower to begin with.

I have to admit the performance is better and worse with this patch for me. We'll figure it out. What is your Mac model?

Wow! Severe performance drop. I went from 25-45 fps and now, regardless of where I log in or how bad the battle is, I only get 4-6 fps. What gives?

Machine Name: iMac

Machine Model: iMac6,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

ähem...

The Mac Map Problem was one of the first problem reports during open beta!

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=158687

Intel version has worse problems that the Gx version. Once I get the source from Rick I can look into it, so far don't have any idea why.

ähem...

The Mac Map Problem was one of the first problem reports during open beta!

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=158687

This is a UI issue but only affects people with NO scroll wheel. Otherwise, yeah its a problem that should be fixed. I have a scroll wheel so it never registered as an issue for me.

AT 1280 x 1024 it works fine, the buttons are accessible.

First of all its not MY game, I pay just like you and volunteer to support the forum and do some bug fixing when I can (so I've invested a whole lot more). So don't expect any official anything from me.

The blue gun problem was not caused by CRS, the granny library developer did not fully support intel when 1.25 was shipped and it was their problem with the various animation bugs on Intel. it couldn't be fixed without rebuilding all the animations and testing so it had to be a full version update. But that's irrespective of performance.

Performance on the PC is up and down as well, for many people its better and for some people its worse. Happens every major patch. It affects the Mac version worse since the FPS is lower to begin with.

I have to admit the performance is better and worse with this patch for me. We'll figure it out. What is your Mac model?

I commend your volunteer service, but since I have no one else to complain too, I am expressing my frustration with the situation. Hopefully whomever game it IS, will take the responsibilty to fix it for us mac users.

My Mac is a dual G5 2 ghz. 1.5 gig ram, Radeon 9800 pro, 10.4 OS.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0