• Announcements

• CHIMM

***Expected Outage Scheduled*** 7 day Notice   12/15/2019

Next Sunday, December 22nd 2019 outage and cut-over will START AT 9AM PACIFIC TIME or 5:00 PM GMT. All services will be effected for 24 +/- hours as announced in our previous article. Game server physically relocated  Website and critical data relocated Configure the game server all critical services to new ISP's We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this transition, our goal is to minimize server downtime. Official communications/status will be posted via Axis and Allied Discord, and FaceBook during outage. ***Effective that day, server time will be considered Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8), not US Central (CST) as it is now.***
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wizardd

CRS, any plans to fix the performance?

46 posts in this topic

So, I made a testflight. Spawned to Eindhoven and despawned at Schilde (bofors hit me good).

full

Here I am at Eindhoven AF. Looking ahead FPS 82.

full

Then I look to right and there is some trees. WTF FPS 45!?

full

Then I look to left and there is basically anything. WOW FPS 106!

Continues ->

full

Took of and ahh FPS 137.. Looking good, but what's there behind of meh...

full

OMFG it's Eindhoven, noooooooooo... FPS 42 :(

full

I head towards Tilburg and FPS is 156. Yeah just sky there.

Continues -->>>>

full

And there it is, Tilburg, middle of nowhere and I get 45 FPS?! WTF?

full

I pull up and wow there it is again. Over 100 FPS. Yeah nothing at the sky.

full

Another pass over Tilburg, and 37 FPS!!!!

Continues --->>

And then I finally arrive over Schilde

full

JACKPOT, new record, seventeen FPS!"!!

Inf EWS was high, ET ews low, around 5-10 planes around. But really, the reason is that those BUILDINGs are eating your FPS alive. There is Antwerp next to schilde. And client loads it in your memory....

And yes, I have taken that open gl optimization off or what ever it was. Before that I got 5 FPS.

My PC,

Core 2 duo 6300

Geforce 7950 GT 256

1 G 667 MHz RAM

With these my FPS in IL-2 got a HUGE improvement. And don't forget all other games. Except ww2ol.

Mem usage in windows before I load WW2ol just little over 155. I ran diskeeper before I made this sortie, so HDD is defragged. After I have WW2ol up and running, it spends basically all memory. I tested with another G of ram but improvement was like 2 FPS points....

So whatta hell you need to buy to get good FPS in this game??? Or do I mind even ask whatta hell you need to buy to get great FPS in this game??? A supercomputer?

17 minimum is fine, i played with 17 max in firefights for a while and had no issues.

45 is more than fine, you are going from looking at no polys to looking at heaps and you are expecting to have no hit in performance.

17 minimum is fine, i played with 17 max in firefights for a while and had no issues.

45 is more than fine, you are going from looking at no polys to looking at heaps and you are expecting to have no hit in performance.

LOL 17-45 for air combat :D Yeah sure, and then don't forget those drops to zero. Yeah right to ZERO.

Anyway, my sub is on grace and with this BS I simply just can't fly. So maybe we will see after miracle happens.

S! Been fun for 3.5 years, but always such a pain with this client.

Laters ->

LOL 17-45 for air combat :D Yeah sure' date=' and then don't forget those drops to zero. Yeah right to ZERO.[/quote']

Look, if you want help, go to the support forum. If you want to gripe, expect the thread to get locked soon. And no, thats not CRS soon.

Edit: Here let me help you.

Look, if you want help, go to the support forum. If you want to gripe, expect the thread to get locked soon. And no, thats not CRS soon.

Edit: Here let me help you.

Look, what I get here? Tips where to download new drivers? Tips for how to scan my system? I even tried to disable my second core and still same BS. You can't help me or anyone else when the GAME ISN'T WORKING THE WAY IT SHOULD!

Always the same thing, players are wrong. Since 2001, from the very first weekend of ww2ol this same thing has been on.

Good bye. For good.

The reason im saying it is your lack of ram is because when i look at my task manager im running at 1.25 gigs with the game running. almost a gig when running xp. so in part its the lack of ram the other aspect is the tree's, well couple of them anyways. is killing the fps. go to offline mode spawn a tiger and look to the last berm on the right zoom in and watch your frame rate simply die.

It is simply the trees killing you then add to that a decent size fight and down it goes.

I don't know what it is about those tree's or certain areas and or pack of trees but it does wipe any system out.

I'll bet you simply buy one extra gig of ram and watch those problems smooth out alot. The system my wife uses to play this game is much older but does run quite smooth more so since 1.26 came in. mine benefitted alot in the air. but on average about 5 extra frames on the ground. The thing that is common between both our systems is that they both are equipped with 2 gigs of ram.

But really if its more than you can bear, then no matter what anyone says here isn't going to help.

No matter what game it is if it is pushing you to blow a vein in your head i would say its time to take a break, come back in a couple of patches and see if it is more to your liking then.

Attacking a game and its players or the company in question wont do you any good in the long run.

Your choice.

Agreed, with only 1 Gig you'll have to strip everything out of the background and will need more. Get another Gig, I bet it doubles your FPS.

Wizardd... check it out man... does it not seem weird that you are in a very small minority here complaining about performance? You're blaming the game software... we're all playing the same game, hitting the same servers, and other than internet paths the only other differing constraint is the user's (aka player computer) setup. Some guys with lesser rigs are getting more performance than you should tell you something.

Naturally, with a game engine that is a little long in the tooth (why we are writing a new one) when you look at a town of 300 plus buildings with 1,000 of triangles each, and then look at an open area with no town or city in it, your FPS is going to change rather drastically.

Hey DOC....when this new engine is complete, will it make the game look any different physically or will everything still look the same and the game run faster?

I *just* added 1 Gig of RAM to come to 2 Gig RAM total (DDR) on my Pentium 4 3.00Mhz system. (not too new).

My FPS went up tremendously in the air. Very very well in trucks and tanks.

On the ground, in crowded fights in a city, especially in a pinned AB area - I have 5 FPS more, taking me from 10fps to 15fps. That is a 50% improvement. Sometimes I would go down to 7fps in the old days.

N.B. You MIGHT have background stuff downloading updates (Adobe, RealPlayer), or scanning (Windows Defender). Look at your processes (control-alt-delete) and see what is using your CPU. Ask people if they are normal processes or if you can get rid of them.

Do a little work on your machine, and you CAN squeeze more FPS. Adjust the connection via WWIIOL settings to NetCode2 off, and try the different connections available (you have 2 options). Some players have dramatic differences changing these.

BTW - When I had 1 Gig of RAM, WWIIOL used 500+Mbytes of it. Now I have 2 Gig of RAM, WWIIOL uses 1.1 Gig of it. My game loads faster, my map *pops* up.

S!

Joker007

Naturally' date=' with a game engine that is a little long in the tooth (why we are writing a new one) when you look at a town of 300 plus buildings with 1,000 of triangles each, and then look at an open area with no town or city in it, your FPS is going to change rather drastically.[/quote']

Exactly. The engine is what, 6yrs old now? Honestly people, what more do you want? Do you see a game this size in Halfife 1? Unreal 1? No. CRS has done a damn find job with what they have. I wouldn't expect performance to increase drastically (regardless of how much $$$ you spend on a PC) until their new engine is ready and released.

On the ground i havent noticed any positive change at all in FPS.

Still 10 to 70 FPS depending on looking into a town, a group of trees or the other direction. I think the FPS looking into trees got worse with 1.26, allmost like the days we had the sliders.

I would be fine with 20 as minimum but the last time i had that as minimum was with 2D trees.

Doc, the thing I'm really concerned about, is that it is taking soooo long to get the new game engine out, it will be obsolete upon release.

Doc' date=' the thing I'm really concerned about, is that it is taking soooo long to get the new game engine out, it will be obsolete upon release.[/quote']

qft

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0