• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad vs Squad Battle for Notre Dame Postponed   08/03/2018

The event for this weekend will be postponed... We have not been able to get a solid commitment to run the event. I will be posting a poll to select a better date and time. Poll:    Welcome back our Squad vs Squad events. Please check out the forum post here   
an11bgod

Lafayette Federation

99 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2018 at 5:51 AM, krazydog said:

CRS has a sub-forums called “Squads” where squads can setup their own private forums.  Some squads are using that.  

Its probably not as sexy as having your own squad website, but it might be a quick and easy solution - at least until you find a squad website administrator :)

cheers!

Thanks for the info---it might end up being the way to go at least for the short term.

S!

Aww, my good ole' French Army brothers! Would be great to get Lafayette back together! How can I help?

COMING SOON!!!   OUR NEW WEBSITE WILL RESIDE AT:  Lafayettefederation.org  

In the coming days I will try my hand at building a website, I guess, lol.  Should be a rewarding challenge.

S!

On 1/16/2018 at 0:56 AM, odonovan1 said:

If you need a website, a basic one is free at enjin.com, a gamers' website hosting service.  It should have all you need..

http://www.enjin.com/

-Irish

Thanks for the advice.  Support should be getting me what I need within 24 hours (I seem to be being stopped at the enter url step, not sure why, might be the .org?).  Anyway, I'm on the case.  S!

On 1/21/2018 at 3:04 PM, guitar said:

Aww, my good ole' French Army brothers! Would be great to get Lafayette back together! How can I help?

S! and thanks for the support.   Pointing me in the direction of an air unit willing to work under the Lafayette Federation banner would be a huge help.  It's how we built the original Lafayette Federation, actually (hence the Federation portion of the name).  Air unit leader runs the air unit, and so on.  At the time of the original unit formation, I just wanted to handle the Infantry stuff, but was advised by Luminary and Bmbm that allowing for armor and air would help recruit members.  The path I chose (then) was to recruit 2 units:  Lafayette Escadrille, run by Turo at the time, and Task Force One, run by Ironmike.  That covered the air arm, and armor assets.  Thus Lafayette Federation was born.

Anyway, sorry to piggyback like that, but I wanted to explain why recruiting an entire air unit is the goal. :)

S!

4 hours ago, GrAnit said:

What timezone and what are the squad nights?

Both are good questions.  At our peak, Lafayette Federation had at least a token presence in every timezone, and of course that would be the goal again.  In the short run, I'm in Southern California, and usually get on later at night here.  Shakabre is in Florida still, I believe, and thus far that's your cadre/membership.

As for squad nights, the membership as a whole will decide that----we're just starting to get the word out to old members, and are just getting to a point where new members will be feasible, so I apologize for the vagueness.  It isn't borne of not having thought about these things, though.  It has always been about being flexible for our members.  So, a short example:  Cowboy wants to run an op on a Saturday night, so he posts on our squad forum to take the pulse of the members.  Enough are interested, so in addition to posting details in the squad forum, we start letting people know ingame.  Thus, a Lafayette Federation squad night is born...

I truly believe that if we end up having to end up nailing down a night as squad night, though, our efforts at rebuilding Lafayette will have at least partially failed.  She should end up being big enough (again) where day of the week isn't a concern.  Additionally, given the Federation-nature of the unit, if (example) the air unit we end up recruiting has X for a squad night, we'll do our damndest to support their normal night by enhancing whatever presence we normally would have on that night.

S!

The new site is up an running (let's call it a work in progress, but usable) at:  lafayettefederation.org

Here's what/who Lafayette Federation was:  At our peak, we had a tick over 300 members, a presence in pretty much all timezones, a dedicated air wing, along with a strong armored/INF contingent.  We fought in the then 'dirty south', with III Corps.  Our members were staunchly loyal to the Allied cause, and we cooperate fully with AHC.  We were an inclusive bunch, fully willing to help new folks through the early stages of climbing that learning curve.

When formed, Lafayette Federation consisted of:  Lafayette Light Infantry, Task Force One, and Lafayette Escadrille.  These 3 units, (actually, TF1 and Lafayette Escadrille were the only 2 of the 3 who could actually claim to be a unit, as all the founder (me) brought to the party was a 2 person Infantry unit and a couple of ideas), banded together to form Lafayette Federation.  Our membership quickly surpassed 100 folks once the game went live, as those who hadn't joined squads (but had wanted to) started seeing what we were about.  In the early days when german genius consisted of a couple of opels with a couple of Infantry driving for an hour to take a town well behind the lines so a panzer army could instaspawn in, we publicly shamed (or attempted to) the germans by inviting them to an actual battle, in Charleville, which we held.  The opels didn't stop running around, but the germans who wanted an actual battle came, in force, and we held against constant attacks for 4 days straight---over 100 hours of constant battle.

German units wanting to enjoy a battle learned to seek us out.  Those who wished to avoid battles avoided us like the plague.  We were big enough to move the map, and we were good enough to stop the map from moving.  We believe in Team Before Self, and practice that belief whenever ingame.  If that means guarding bunkers, we do so.  It meant, back in the day, that the 'Itza-bus' spent 4 hours driving back and forth across the front lines with loads of friendly Infantry on a regular basis.  In the days before EWS, Lafayette Federation members would man flags 2, 3, sometimes 4 towns behind the lines to let us know where the krauts were planning on making ground by avoiding a fight on that particular day.

Anyway, long story short, Lafayette Federation is being rebuilt.  If you want to take a look at being a member, visit:  www.lafayettefederation.org        (don't judge the website too harshly, it was my first attempt---we used to have a bunch of really talented webpage builders, and hopefully they'll saunter back into the unit soon).

S!

I should point out that when visiting laffayettefederation.org for the first time----please register.  I will then 'accept' you thus allowing you full access to the website.

S!

It's going to take awhile to rebuild Lafayette Federation, I know.  If you are an Allied player looking for a unit to grow with, Lafayette might be your best option.  Team before self.

S!

S!  Campaign 152 is in full swing, and the Allies are holding their own.  Just imagine how the Allies will perform once Lafayette Federation is fully operational again.  We don't have a lot of active members at the moment----if you would like to join, please post in here, and/or register (emphasis on register) at:  lafayettefederation.org

S!

I hope this message finds all returning members (who peruse the forums) of Lafayette in good health.  In case you missed the email, and in case you missed the posts already (posted) on the subject:  We are rebuilding Lafayette Federation.  Please visit the new website at:  lafayettefederation.org    and hold all nasty comments about the low quality of the website (because I had to make it---and I'll be only too glad when one of our more tech-friendly members rejoins and fixes it)-----the website will do the job for now, and the job it needs to do is to be there for all returning, (and new) members to get together out of game.    Please register on the website first----it's a quirk of the website, I have to 'accept' you before you can post.  Once accepted, join in the discussions, and help to rebuild Lafayette, please.

Team Before Self

S!

Hello.

I'm very brand new to this game.

Have tried to register to the website lafayettefederation, but I suspect the registration failed.

I'd strongly prefer to play in the French "army".

Edited by adar1

On 3/10/2018 at 7:51 PM, adar1 said:

Hello.

I'm very brand new to this game.

Have tried to register to the website lafayettefederation, but I suspect the registration failed.

I'd strongly prefer to play in the French "army".

Adar1, I have approved your registration to lafayettefederation.org, and welcome to Lafayette Federation.  While we will go north if we are needed, Lafayette Federation has usually been a stalwart of the 'dirty south', and have always been proud members of the French Armed forces.  

The unit is pre-day 1, but our website is (now) a work in progress, so much of the 'how to' videos and such have been lost to time.  As a new player, please do not hesitate to post questions on our website---if I don't know the answer I'll find someone who does.

Now I just have to figure out how to get you into the unit---the ingame recruiting has changed a bit since I was directly involved.

S!

Edited by augetout

Bump.  We are starting to see old members trickle back in.  Unsure how many will end up coming back, so we'll need new recruits as well.

S!

Just so you know, the right side of your banner is cut off, on your homepage.  Tradition Pride Excellence has been cut off to read Tr <half of a P> Ex.  It appears to have a maximum width of just under 1045 for a header.

-Irish

I hear you, O'donovan.  I figure it will work until our web-gurus come back to the fold.  As it was my first attempt, compromises for my lack of talent in that area had to be made! :)

S!

All you have to do is resize the banner with any photo program.  Keep the height the same and change the width to 1040 or so.  The change in width is minor, so it doesn't really change the appearance, and it will fit the header field on the page.

-Irish

Oshaggy is back.

007 is back in the squad if not the game, yet.

Slowly but surely....

We are growing again.      Please know that we absolutely welcome NEW PLAYERS, and to those new players who are considering whether to stay in or not, I will say this:  This unit has been around since before Day 1, some 17 years.  If anyone can help you through the steep learning curve of this game, we can.   And we're happy to do it.

Lafayette Federation members, please register for our forums at:  www.lafayettefederation.org     you have to request permission to join----I have to grant it (and I will).  On our website you will find old videos, discussions about wwiionline and other games, along with important topics that establish our standard operating procedures, Infantry basics, and such.

S!

On 2/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, augetout said:

Here's what/who Lafayette Federation was:  At our peak, we had a tick over 300 members, a presence in pretty much all timezones, a dedicated air wing, along with a strong armored/INF contingent.  We fought in the then 'dirty south', with III Corps.  Our members were staunchly loyal to the Allied cause, and we cooperate fully with AHC.  We were an inclusive bunch, fully willing to help new folks through the early stages of climbing that learning curve.

When formed, Lafayette Federation consisted of:  Lafayette Light Infantry, Task Force One, and Lafayette Escadrille.  These 3 units, (actually, TF1 and Lafayette Escadrille were the only 2 of the 3 who could actually claim to be a unit, as all the founder (me) brought to the party was a 2 person Infantry unit and a couple of ideas), banded together to form Lafayette Federation.  Our membership quickly surpassed 100 folks once the game went live, as those who hadn't joined squads (but had wanted to) started seeing what we were about.  In the early days when german genius consisted of a couple of opels with a couple of Infantry driving for an hour to take a town well behind the lines so a panzer army could instaspawn in, we publicly shamed (or attempted to) the germans by inviting them to an actual battle, in Charleville, which we held.  The opels didn't stop running around, but the germans who wanted an actual battle came, in force, and we held against constant attacks for 4 days straight---over 100 hours of constant battle.

German units wanting to enjoy a battle learned to seek us out.  Those who wished to avoid battles avoided us like the plague.  We were big enough to move the map, and we were good enough to stop the map from moving.  We believe in Team Before Self, and practice that belief whenever ingame.  If that means guarding bunkers, we do so.  It meant, back in the day, that the 'Itza-bus' spent 4 hours driving back and forth across the front lines with loads of friendly Infantry on a regular basis.  In the days before EWS, Lafayette Federation members would man flags 2, 3, sometimes 4 towns behind the lines to let us know where the krauts were planning on making ground by avoiding a fight on that particular day.

Anyway, long story short, Lafayette Federation is being rebuilt.  If you want to take a look at being a member, visit:  www.lafayettefederation.org        (don't judge the website too harshly, it was my first attempt---we used to have a bunch of really talented webpage builders, and hopefully they'll saunter back into the unit soon).

S!

I normally don't quote myself, but I do believe this is worth a read for prospective members.

We are growing.  After a couple months where we didn't even register on the squad stats at CSR, we (even though still small by any standard, especially our own) are climbing the rankings in the thing that matters most:  Capping flags (whether by offensive or defensive efforts).  We are already ahead of many larger squads, and as we grow we will expect to continue going up in the rankings until we are again known as an elite Allied unit.

S!

Edited by augetout

Just as the game has now been around for 17 years, please note that Lafayette Federation has been around now, for over 17 years, as well.  We formed in the time period when the last beta was winding down, before the game went live.

We are slowly gaining momentum in the recruiting deal, and we are growing, again.  Hopefully we will soon be back up to near full strength, and the german side can once again spend a bunch of time wondering where Lafayette Federation is, (so they can avoid us).  The bigger we get, the more difficult it will be for them to avoid us.

S!

Campaign 153 ended in an Allied victory, of which Lafayette Federation was a small part.

S! to the rest of the Allies, and S! to the members of Lafayette Federation.  After that big counterattack by the germans, it would have been very easy to log off and let the germans carry the campaign.  That didn't happen, though, and seeing it through led to our victory.