• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
an11bgod

Lafayette Federation

125 posts in this topic

S! Toofless   and welcome back.    Have you registered at our website yet?    lafayettefederation.org

Love the old sig!  (I lost mine in the divorce, some 8 years ago)

Best regards,

augetout/an11bgod

Edited by augetout

I want to welcome new members to Lafayette Federation!  We are a pre-day 1 unit, and have been staunchly Allied all along.  Many former AHC members came from the ranks of Lafayette Federation.  In the early days, as members of III Corps, we fought in 'the dirty south' almost exclusively.

Also in the early days, there was a time when folks could attack any town, on the front lines or behind, with no AO.  Taking towns without battling at all was desirable to a significant portion of the german side, especially given that the reward was an instaspawning army that had no worries regarding supply lines.  It was a frustrating time for Allied players, to say the least.  Winning maps/campaigns aside, it was becoming tough to even participate in a legitimate battle.  

With that in mind, and barely keeping my frustration in check, I went on the forums and called out those german players who thought never fighting a battle was the way to go.  I pointed out to them that Lafayette Federation was taking station in Charleville, without regard to the map.  I went on by pointing out that as far as we were concerned the germans could take every town on the map, but they were not going to be allowed to take Charleville except by going through Lafayette Federation.

This laying down of the gauntlet was not received all too well on either side.  Our fellow Allies thought we ran a risk of costing the Allies a shot at victory, and the german players, (especially those prone to avoiding battles with their 1 opel and a couple of INF theory of 'victory'), reacting negatively.  Neverless, some german players and units decided to teach us a bit of a lesson, and a huge battle ensued.  Charleville was attacked day and night starting Thursday night and not subsiding until sometime the next Monday.  Lafayette Federation, with the help of other Allied units, and a ton of 'lonewolves' looking for an actual fight, beat back each and every german attempt.  It was a huge battle that some current players have not seen anything close to in the current, lower ingame numbers.  Years later, when CRS decided to add ingame statues, and allowed ingame units to have their own, Lafayette Federation chose Charleville for the location of our statue.  It is still there, (although the writing is no longer visible, which is frustrating).  

I invite new members and prospective members to visit Charleville, find our statue (it's on the east side just north of the N/S road), and post a screenshot.

S!

(please remember to register on our website:   lafayettefederation.org  so you can get to know your squad-mates).

If you have been recruited ingame to become a member of Lafayette Federation, please accept my congratulations, my thanks, and my apologies for not realizing that I had to take steps to make sure that your membership would continue.  Things have changed a bit since I was last working to build Lafayette Federation.  Among these changes is a significant change to recruitment, which A, happens automatically sometimes, and B, requires me to 'promote' new members to full membership status within 7 days.  

For all those who I failed to do that for, I apologize.  I didn't learn the new step(s) until today (thanks to Lonepilgrim requiring me to learn).  So, if you joined and wanted to stay, please seek me out ingame or post here, and I'll get it done.

S!

Lafayette Federation is all about team.  We do whatever the Allies need us to do on a given day, at a given time.

You might see us blowing FBs.

You might see us guarding a bunker, or retaking a depot.

You might see us running around rebuilding AI

You might see us driving that truck to the river to fix (or destroy) that important bridge.

Whatever the Allied team needs, Lafayette Federation members are there, as we have been since before the game went live.

Join us.

S!

1 person likes this

New members please register at our website:  lafayettefederation.org       There, you will find the rest of your unit, and some tips that will help get ahead of this game's fairly steep learning curve.  We have members who have been around since day 1----we can help.

S!

Lafayette Federation is a pre day-1 unit ingame.  We are all about team before self, and do whatever it is the Allies need us to do.  We are an Allied only unit (individual members are welcome to take time off to play a campaign on the german side, but the unit as a whole will remain steadfastly Allied as we have for 17+ years).

Join us.  Together we will take the fight to the axis.

S!

I've been around since day 1 (took a break for a few years at a time but am now back for good until i die lol).  I remember this squad from the early days.  Took part in many raids along side them.  Good times.  Good history.  Good squad.

S!

1 person likes this

Thank you, Copeman.

Welcome to 2 of our newest members:  RRogers, and Raptor34

S!

1 person likes this

S! and congratulations to the latest Lafayette Federation members to be recognized by Allied leadership:

Office of the DCoS would like to congratulate the following Allied team players for their overall and consistent level of contribution to the Allied cause.

Raptor34

Axewolf

Rain or Shine these guys come through time after time... 

Each of these Players has been awarded the Bronze Star. Wear it with pride gentleman, for you have surely earned it S!

406BronzeStar_ribbon.gif

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, lonepilgim said:

I`m still looking to join..how do I do that ?

You are a member on our website.  As far as the game I believe the fault/blame lies with me not being very good at the squad tools at the time when you joined, for which I apologize.  I will contact Pittpete to see if I can have you added to the roles from outside of the game (pretty sure that can happen).  The other way is to get auto-recruited while ingame, which is how you found us the first time.  I will work on it right now.

I'm waiting on a reply from Pittpete.

S!

Edited by augetout

15 hours ago, lonepilgim said:

thanks..I think I had an issue with the website B4 not sure...I`m still here..let me know

Pittpete hasn't responded yet, so we're still in a holding pattern on adding you manually.  I will let you know.  In the meantime, I asked Chimm to add Lafayette Federation to the wwiionline servers, fixing the error I made by setting up our own channel outside of the wwiionline area.  So, log into discord via the following link:  https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#voice-comms         then scroll down and look for the Lafayette Federation channel.  Heck, in the next day or so I'll even be on voicecoms for the first time in years, lol.

S!

Edited by augetout

6 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

??????? @augetout

@Pittpete I sent you a message on slack regarding getting lonepilgrim back onto lafayette's roster without having to wait for a time when we both happen to be ingame.

Edited by augetout

Good day fellow Lafayette Federation members, both old and new!

Lafayette Federation is in a resurgence to bring it back to where it was in the early days of WWIIOnline. This means a call to arms for our alumni and a push to recruit new members.

As can be seen in videos and pictures on this site, Lafayette Federation has always had a strong presence in game! This presence will be evident again as we rebuild. Our website is up and running at www.lafayettefederation.org and is constantly being updated with content. Check it out and register! We also now have a page on Facebook @lafayettefederation that is up. Check them both out and say hi!

For returning members, you can still access your WWIIOnline account as a rifleman for free! Log in and check out the updated content and graphics. The awesome folks at CRS are constantly hard at work updating the content and making the game better. Pretty good for a community supported game and the LARGEST MMO out there!

S!

1 person likes this

Welcome to our newest members:  Captron, Lonepilgim, Madcyka.

Lafayette Federation locked down defense of Ninove as much as numbers allowed tonight.  Soon, we'll have the numbers to resume denying objectives to the germans-----i.e. they won' t be able to take a town when Lafayette Federation is present.

S!

www.lafayettefederation.org

Now accepting new and returning members!!!

1 person likes this

Axis units take note:  Lafayette Federation is coming to a town near you, and every day we are getting a bit stronger.

Rebuilding efforts are progressing in a positive manner.  

New members:   Please remember to register at our website:  Lafayettefederation.org   as it will help you to get to know your fellow squad members, and in addition we have some 'how to' stuff in our forums that will help quicken the pace of getting a handle on the learning curve for this game.

As always, post any questions in here, or on our website, and I will either answer them or find someone who can.

Welcome to 2 of our newest members:   Wolfpawtec, and Soupfarmer  (who has a friend who is also joining, I believe).  S! and welcome.

S!

Edited by augetout
1 person likes this

Good work, nice to see your squad is growing!

1 person likes this