Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
revi68

need help with 7800 gt on a gigabyte k8n ultra sli....

11 posts in this topic

Ok here is my issue.... if anyone else is running this game are they have a problem with high end graphics games locking up when using this card. I DO NOT have two vid cards and i have sli disabled. It zseems as if when i try abnd run a high end game it locks up aklmost instantly after i sopawn in.... low end games i do fine with. Now some might say ive got somethign screwed up but i do know what imd oign and have been doing it for the last 6 years when i built my first system. If anyone is having this problem please elt me know. I have heard of a amp problem with sli and the nvidia drivers. Ive tired 77.77 78.01 and im on the beta 81.85 drivers now. Its saying that pci xpress needs 35 amps to run.... i dont know how to check this. If anyone can help it owuld be greatly appreciated it.

Revi out

Do you have the power connectors attached to the card?

Also, I had to underclock my 6800GT using Coolbits to prevent it from locking up. Check the temp in the drivers and see if it's redlining.

How strong is your PSU? If your brand new expensive card is locking up on you RMA that sucker ASAP. I was getting artifacts in games, and experiancing lock-ups with my XFX 6800gt, so i RMA'ed it, and about a week later, I got my new one, and everything ran sweet.

600 watt PSU aspire..... it hink img oing to.... sending it in tommorrow i got the RMA number already.... also i ran a video utility... my card was suppose to come at 470 and 1100 on clock speeds and it came in at 550 and 1186.... something tells me it might be screwy from the start... although i like the clock speeds it might be fried because of that.... so i dunno.... rma is the word and im doing it asap

thanks

revi out

Do you have the power connectors attached to the card?

Also, I had to underclock my 6800GT using Coolbits to prevent it from locking up. Check the temp in the drivers and see if it's redlining.

well like i said in my post ive been doing this for 6 years.... so yeah i kinda figured out if it had a power connector to attach.... duh....

also temopurtures run cool as a snowball.

Revi out

p.s. sorry for sarcasm but i spent alot of money on this machine to get a stupid question like that

well like i said in my post ive been doing this for 6 years.... so yeah i kinda figured out if it had a power connector to attach.... duh....

also temopurtures run cool as a snowball.

Revi out

p.s. sorry for sarcasm but i spent alot of money on this machine to get a stupid question like that

Usually it's the most obvious things that people forget. I have done it few times. Just basic Trouble Shooting.

my xfx card was "overclocked" by factory settings, and I had to underclock it to the base settings so that it wouldnt mess up.. when I RMA'ed it and got my new one in, it ran great, and still does, on the overclocked factory settings.

Ravi:

Have you tried downloading Everest just to monitor your system settings? You can get it here. http://www.lavalys.com

If your core is showing 586 you may want to try downloading Coolbits 2.0 and attempting to roll back the core to 470 to see (a) if you can do it and (B) if you are more stable. Your PSU is definitely adequate and your MoBo shouldn't be suggesting SLI problems if you're only running one card. Do you have the latest bios for your board?

If you're running cool at the speeds you're showing then your card may be the culprit and you should probably RMA it as ladycat suggests

Another suggestion is to run this past the forum at http://www.guru3d.com. It's another great site with some additional hihgly knowledgeable people.

Good luck.

ive got the msi 7800 gtx clock speeds 430/1200 factory i had issues with thermaltake 680w power supply they only had 15 amp 12v1 and 12v2 rails so i got rid of it put in enermax 600w sli noisetaker psu with 18 amp 12v1 and 12v2 no problems now

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0