• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Helmman

Running New Dual Core System and X45 Won't Work in Game.

11 posts in this topic

Dunno whats up...it was working before and works in all other games but no response in WWII Online.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and joystick drivers.

Just finished with Directx and sdame thing.

No response...all other games no prob.

:(

Actually I just got a new computer to. No vista just windows xp and my x45 wont work in game either.

I starting to think its the latest direct x. I think I will install a direct x version that it worked with on the new computer and see what happens.

nope.. Ok i have tried everything I can think of and I am no Guru so if anyone else has any ideas HELP!

yup, the most common cause (actually almost exclusively the cause) of a joystick not being detected by the game or the keymapper in whole or in part (but functions in windows and other games) is due to the windows hotswapping usb hid driver error which is most commonly caused by a usb keyboard, tho it can be other usb devices in rare instances. it doesn't matter the make or the model of the keyboard, or if it's wireless or not, if it's connected via a usb plug, it may cause this problem in about 2-4% of the playerbase..

in most cases, the "disable hid" workaround that I came up with will work just fine and you won't lose any funcitonality of any of your usb devices (as hid drivers are basically the memory resident programs that allow you to use "hotkeys", joystick profile software, and media buttons on a keyboard ie "mail", "internet", "volume up")

if anyone has trouble with resolving this issue AFTER following the instructions I gave in gnaches' weblink, do not hesitate to pm me or contact me for help. my inbox is always open and no-one knows more about this bug than I do as I've been tracking it and trying to find a way for CRS to replicate it (they can't fix it if they can't replicate it on their machines to try and come up with solutions for it) for many, many years now...

it's actually a windows bug, not a game bug really. there's a minor glitch with windows usb "hotswapping" which may install "ghost" hid drivers which for some reason, cause joystick non-detection in ww2ol. ww2ol's input code is really simple, it takes the readings straight out of direct x but it doesn't seem to compensate for this specific windows bug as it's totally undocumented. it's probably just that one little damn thing but there's no real way to find it without having it in front of you to fix, CRS (well, Bloo actually) have been actively researching this bug but have failed to have it replicated on their systems. so it's not like they've been ignoring it, but they are at an impass untill they come accross it themselves...

cheers!

While not using a Saitek - CH Fighterstick and Throttle - I had the same problem. Logitech G15 keyboard, logitech G5 mouse and Plantronics headset/mic, all USB, all using HID drivers. My workaround, after many hours of attempting to resolve (a hearty handshake to sgtspoon as well!), is to unplug the G5 mouse and replace with generic USB microsoft mouse, then when game is loaded switch back. I now get full functionality from all devices.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0