Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bn64

Still many CTDs...

9 posts in this topic

Ok so I was having many CTDs after setting up my new PC and was told the Realtek sound was probably the cause. I bought a cheap sound card (Audigy SE) and it hasn't helped much.

I get CTDs both after ~30mins of in-game action and then sometimes after 2mins at the menu. They seem completely random. One thing I noticed is after a CTD I sometimes try to log back in and I have a CTHL error-which I haven't had since I told my firewall to allow PlayGate.

My DxDiag specs are attached-any help is greatly appreciated!

try disabling the SSE2 in settings.

That worked for me and I have the same on board sound Realtek.

Thanks-but I've tried that both ways now. Still crashes for no apparent reason. I have noticed the crashes can tend to be when more activity is going on-but again it is hit or miss....sometimes I crash w/ little activity sometimes I can play for an hour in a heated battle....I can't figure this thing out!

Also, I don't have the relatek sound anymore. I disabled what I could of it and bought a Soundblaster Audigy SE. I did update the drivers and windows stuff for the realtek because I couldn't disable all of it but I don't believe that should be the problem anymore-or could it?!

try disabling the SSE2 in settings.

That worked for me and I have the same on board sound Realtek.

First get rid of that audigy its worse that the realtek on board sound i know i tried it myself now it lays in the closest. the a400 drivers from realtek work just peachy.

Once you have that back change the sound from inside the games settings to software and use 128 sounds. i know it only handles 64 but you tend to miss a sound here and there.

then under networking unless you need to share files on a network get rid of everything but tcp/ip

from there make sure you AV isn't part of the problem as i just discovered with nod32 it kept rebooting my system for some reason and crashing me out. "not sure if its me or the program but hasnt happened since i pulled it"

make sure your firewall lets your game thru using the port between 27015 -27021 get rid of microsoft's firewall.

Disabled or set to auto, threaded optimization under the nvidia control panel.

Make sure you update the bios to the very latest one as a few quirks revolving around the C2D's has been patched up thru the motherboards.

dont use sse2 dont use netcode 2 see if it works then.

First get rid of that audigy its worse that the realtek on board sound i know i tried it myself now it lays in the closest. the a400 drivers from realtek work just peachy.

Once you have that back change the sound from inside the games settings to software and use 128 sounds. i know it only handles 64 but you tend to miss a sound here and there.

then under networking unless you need to share files on a network get rid of everything but tcp/ip

from there make sure you AV isn't part of the problem as i just discovered with nod32 it kept rebooting my system for some reason and crashing me out. "not sure if its me or the program but hasnt happened since i pulled it"

make sure your firewall lets your game thru using the port between 27015 -27021 get rid of microsoft's firewall.

Disabled or set to auto, threaded optimization under the nvidia control panel.

Make sure you update the bios to the very latest one as a few quirks revolving around the C2D's has been patched up thru the motherboards.

dont use sse2 dont use netcode 2 see if it works then.

Thanks for those-I made it most of way through still with no success...I didn't switch the sound card either as I seem to have fewer BSODs with SB Audigy versus Realtek. Scared to go back.

1. Also, still need to work up courage to do the BIOS update as I have never done that.

2. Where is this netcode 2 option you talk about?

3. The networking options-are you talking about the ones under the Local Area Connections properties in Windows?

I tried game w/o any sound at all and it still CTD. Also, without fail, it always has a CTHL error upon loading after a CTD. I did switch firewalls and now using McAfee-granted Playnet and WWIIOL full access so I dont think that would be the problem?

This seems to be the only game I am having issues with at the moment so it is becoming very frustrating!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

The realtek MB sound was crashing my computer for a while till I figured out it was the problem. I changed my sounds to software/32 sounds, updated the drivers and haven't had a problem since. Did you ever update your realtek drivers? They had a new release this spring some time that helped a lot.

You know something funny. I've built a couple of computers recently and I never included a sound card. Just used the MB sound. After I was having all these problems with my MB sound I was worried about my builds callin me up with problems. They aren't even running updated drivers I'm sure of it, but no problems at all. It almost seems that these realtek problems are mostly in ww2online. Realtek is in over 80% of new computers

I tried that audigy se too and my old soundblaster live. I was not happy with the sound of either. The mb sounds better. I even got an older 24bit hercules xgamer sound card from a dude on these forums cause he saw my posts and pM'd me.

It was top dog back in 2001. I think it may have been the first 24bit sound card out. Unfortunately the drivers are too old and they crash my computer too in musicmatch and some others. Nobody supports hercules any more. So it's back to MB sound for me.

The terrible direction finding of the MB sound really bothers me. I was looking at getting one of the higher end creatives but I just talked to a squaddie who has one and has nothing but problems in game. Now I don't really know what to buy.

I linked this one on the forums a little while ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829156003

I was told that it's not compatable with EAX but neither is my mb or ww2 if I'm not mistaken. I'm leaning towards ordering one. I really want an optical out for my AC3 decoder box like I have on the MB. It's getting good reviews.

I'm thinking if I get it I can go back to hardware sound and 128/64 sounds. Hopefully get an improvement in directional awareness and overall quality. I'm not really worried about fps at this point. I can fly smooth in battles right now while capturing with fraps.

Why is it that nforce2 mb sound is the best sound card for WW2 ever made?

Try disabling the sounds and see if the game crashes. This will tell you if it's a sound problem. You must disable it in the ww2 ingame settings.

If you go to the start menu and go to cornered rat software / settings you will have a box to check for sse2 extensions. I have it unchecked.

Try disabling the sounds and see if the game crashes. This will tell you if it's a sound problem. You must disable it in the ww2 ingame settings.

If you go to the start menu and go to cornered rat software / settings you will have a box to check for sse2 extensions. I have it unchecked.

I have doe both of these! Still crashes! This seems to be the only game that can get me a BSOD and crash mid-game for me....or maybe it's just I've put so much time into trying to solve it it's the only one I know of thus far.....?

i had same issues for 2 months,,tried everthing,,downloaded some software to watch my motherboard specs,,heat and voltage ect ect and my cpu was to hot,,when in game i would last 1 min to 25 min,,blew out the fan and rig and im gamin again,,,just something to check

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0