Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sepa

Building a PC pt2::: Final Order

131 posts in this topic

Bestbuy looked at it and said i didnt put enough heat past on it' date=' they said it overheated. But I think my CPU was DOA....Just checking[/quote']

Tell em they a bs. If your using a new cpu with a new cpu fan. They usually ship in the same packet then there is enough gel on the heatsink that should keep it running for ages.

Well AS5 or AS ceramique will give the best cooling. The stock heatpaste is okay but you're looking at 4-5C saved by using well applied AS stuff. That means a lot when you're trying to keep your overclocks temps under 65C.

I'd enjoy your rig for a few days to make sure it's all working perfectly then when you're ready take the motherboard out and install the Tuniq tower. Remember to clean both the HSF contact and the CPU completely of all heatpaste before applying your AS ceramique. I've got a special HSF cleaner designed to remove heatpaste that works very well. I picked it up in the highstreet pc shop for under a tenner. Well worth it as I've been using the same stuff through many cleanings for the last year and I've still got more then half left.

The best way to get the worst of the heatpaste off is to use the plastic tip of a bic pen cap. Then when most of the heatpaste is removed use a clean cloth, wet it in the cleaner then dab it on the remaining heatpaste. Leave it a minute and then wipe it off with a clean dry lint free cloth.

Then carefully apply the AS5 or AS ceramique as I described in my above post. If you go to the AS site they have a guide on how to do it that is exactly how I said above but with pictures.

Like I said you don't have to spread it out. If you put enough on it will spread itself thin which is the idea.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0