Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bar

HELP game crashing

75 posts in this topic

bar, after the game crashes, hit alt-tab and hit allow, unless you already hit "block".

If you already hit block, then do what KFS1 says and allow those ports...

so i was saying i keep getting that "ding" you get when the program has an error .. but no error box... well the same sound i get when wwiionline load screen is about to appear, i get with fraps when i try to load it

now

what do wwiionline and fraps have in common?

do all these files look normal?

they all seem like they link to dead links .. most of them atleast

507vkt3.jpg

Wait, just reread your post. You get the ding preload screen?

Not a firewall prob for sure as that only stops the game at the network connecting part.

Hummm, sound prob should'nt hang the game till the sound loading part.

So this is happening when the exe exicutes.....You have'nt set the wwiiol exes to win 98 or 95 compatibility by accident have you?

no zeke it still set to windows nt compatability

everything is the same as it was when beta worked 3 days ago

this is blowing my mind

do all these files look normal?

they all seem like they link to dead links .. most of them atleast

Those icons look fine to me. The "dead link" shortcuts are all pointing to a URL instead of a location on your hard drive, so the computer doesn't know what icon to use. The Playarc files are uknown file types, so they also don't get an icon.

Crosfade, the wwii1.ico file is just the graphic for the WWIIOL executable files. You may have your display set to hide system files.

Bar, I can't think of many other options that you haven't already tried. Did you install any other software since the last v1.26 patch? Maybe the registry got corrupted somehow before installing v1.27, and that's messing things up. The only thing you haven't tried (AFAIK) is to uninstall the game, then clean all references to WWIIOL from the registry.

Oh yeah, one more idea that I'm not used to thinking about. Do you have a system restore point from a few weeks ago that you can go back to, then try reinstalling v1.27?

ive cleaned out the registry too .. sadly ... right now im doing a full driver reset and a bunch of other sht

what do wwiionline and fraps have in common?

Sound and OpenGL is what they have in common.

It's a long shot - update your DirectX to the August 2007 9.0c build

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

What AV software you running? I swear by NOD32 from www.eset.com - lightweight and gamer friendly but it ain't let anything through yet.

Run the settings ap, not the ingame one the outta game one. Make sure your vid card and sound cards are selected.

Last thing I can think of is go into your vid settings and turn off vsync.

CTDs still before the load screen the process closes playgate and goes to c://crs/ww2/ss2.exe or something of that sort .. the program closes so quickly that i just hardly catch a glimpse of it

someone must know how to solve this

CTDs still before the load screen the process closes playgate and goes to c://crs/ww2/ss2.exe or something of that sort .. the program closes so quickly that i just hardly catch a glimpse of it

Does it get through the connection part on the Load screen?

Do you have any other processes running? Kill what you can through Task Manager.

What are your machine specs?

Disk space?

Virtual Memory is enabled? I know some people disable it(bad move)

There is something that is blocking the game from starting the game file, it might be a program, or maybe you just have a glitch in your windows. Try this.

1. Go to start.

2. Then go to All Programs

3. Accessories

4. System tools

5. System restore.

Run system restore and select a date to were the game was running normally.

See if this fixes it.

Bar check my thread. I think we may be having the same problem.

Bar, I've combined all your Community Support posts and any remotely helpful replies into one thread. I've put together a list of stuff you've done, and suggestions that you haven't replied to in the open forum. Please let me know if I missed anything:

• downloaded multiple times from various sites
  • game crashes before load screen appears
  • neither SSE2 or x86 work
  • firewalls off
  • doesn't start offline (therefore not a connection problem)
  • DxDiag looks okay
  • cleaned registry

Did you check that proper vid card and sound card selected in out-of-game settings like Oldzeke suggested? Sometimes these will revert to the default "Primary driver" settings when a patch is installed.

One other possibility that I thought of is turning off game sound before starting the game. As Oldzeke said, this is an unlikely cause, but it's worth trying. To do this, open your wwiiol.xml file and change the line that says to . Next time you launch the game, sound will be disabled. If the game launches successfully, the problem is directly related to your on-board SoundMAX sound card.

Did you try installing Microsoft's DirectX 9 patch like KFS1 suggested?

Well everyone is throwing in their 2cents, so here is mine.

At the run command enter

msconfig

when that program loads, look at the startup tab.

Have a scan through there for any pieces of software you don't recognise, alternatively take a couple of screenshots of the list so we can see what programs are being installed.

I've had a piece of software on my home PC that would cause programs not to boot and it appeared in that list.

Oh yeah and Nod32 ftw.

Well everyone is throwing in their 2cents, so here is mine.

At the run command enter

msconfig

when that program loads, look at the startup tab.

Have a scan through there for any pieces of software you don't recognise, alternatively take a couple of screenshots of the list so we can see what programs are being installed.

I've had a piece of software on my home PC that would cause programs not to boot and it appeared in that list.

Oh yeah and Nod32 ftw.

Yes, I was just gonna mention this cause it does sound like some program is blocking the games exe. Screen shot the startup list and see if someone can spot something.

thanks everyone for all your help

NEW UPDATE:

when i go into my C://CRS

and i click direct on the ww2_sse2.exe .. an offline version of the game launches and runs PERFECT

the problem is somewhere between

the playnet authentication and the loading of wwii

Does Playgate start up when you try to connect online? If not, maybe you need to reinstall that program.

It sounds like his Playgate loads, then the DOS-style command screen flashes, then nothing happens. Compare what he is saying to my thread Caber. Sounds similar, if not the same.

Yeah, you're right Eko. I just saw in post 36 that Bar mentions Playgate shutting down normally during the launch process.

Bar, as I mentioned to Eko, you should submit a support ticket if you haven't done so already. Bloo and Gnasche have far more resources than the rest of us do to figure this out.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0