Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bar

HELP game crashing

75 posts in this topic

You will hate me bar, but its time for you to whack your hard drive and reload windows. Needs done aleast once a year. Not game related, but windows.

Ok lets look at this

Everything suggests its not communicating with the logon server the initiate the game for some reason or the other.

You have tried a re-install, re patch, driver update etc.

You also advised that windows firewall is disabled.

I have a question

Are you running antivirus application.

If so what version/make/model etc. I regularly use multiple sorts of A/V for work (I.T.) Alot of these different types etc have some sort of network filter/scanner/sniffer component that monitors incoming and outgoing data as well as ports.

Can you switch your antivirus off completely. I dont mean uninstalling it or anything. Just kill the process from your task bar (bottom right) and make sure there is no services associated with it running in task manager.

If this doesnt solve the problem you can easily enough start the antivirus straight back up and you will limit your risk. However if the game does work then you will need to investigate the settings in your antivirus suite and add in a few exceptions for this application and its ports.

I havent read much about antivirus on this thread but that could be a culprite. Especially considering only after the patch. Maybe filename date/time stamp, port number or something small like that has slightly altered due to the patch and A/V is blocking this outgoing communication.

Please advise what version of A/V ur using and if this post helped.

You will hate me bar' date=' but its time for you to whack your hard drive and reload windows. Needs done aleast once a year. Not game related, but windows.[/quote']

This same problem is happening to me and I just reinstalled Windows.

Ok lets look at this

Everything suggests its not communicating with the logon server the initiate the game for some reason or the other.

You have tried a re-install, re patch, driver update etc.

You also advised that windows firewall is disabled.

I have a question

Are you running antivirus application.

If so what version/make/model etc. I regularly use multiple sorts of A/V for work (I.T.) Alot of these different types etc have some sort of network filter/scanner/sniffer component that monitors incoming and outgoing data as well as ports.

Can you switch your antivirus off completely. I dont mean uninstalling it or anything. Just kill the process from your task bar (bottom right) and make sure there is no services associated with it running in task manager.

If this doesnt solve the problem you can easily enough start the antivirus straight back up and you will limit your risk. However if the game does work then you will need to investigate the settings in your antivirus suite and add in a few exceptions for this application and its ports.

I havent read much about antivirus on this thread but that could be a culprite. Especially considering only after the patch. Maybe filename date/time stamp, port number or something small like that has slightly altered due to the patch and A/V is blocking this outgoing communication.

Please advise what version of A/V ur using and if this post helped.

Tried and no dice.

I have a support ticket submitted for Bar and I since we have the same problem.

Did you try disabling DEP? You can do it by editing the boot.ini in windows XP via msconfig or by using a simple command line option in vista. Google it up. You may be suprised to find out Windows doesn't like this game very much for some good reasons.

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

optin to optout?

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

optin to optout?

Mind you this will not work for 64-bit processors running on windows XP 64-bit because the CPU already has DEP built into it so overiding it would make no sense.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windowsxp/depcnfxp.mspx

/noexecute=AlwaysOff

man atleast i can run around in offline sse2.exe and fire my mortar at vehicle spawns lol

This problem just started happening to me

and i remember a while ago it happened when i 1st downlaoded 1.27 beta.When i uninstalled 1.27 and went back to 1.26 the issue went away. But when this occured it didnt stop me completely. It ment i had to try and run the game 5 or 6 times before i could actually get in.

now onto my issue now.

1.27 has been working sweet for me since it first went live. beginning of intermission. All of the sudden yesterday and today this problem seems to have returned. takes about 5 or 6 game launches to actually get into game. Each time the login box will come up i accept then screen goes blank and just before the usual wwii spalsh screen with the loading bar i crash back to desktop with no error. 4 or 5 more times doing this i can then actaully get in game.

I was able to live with this. as i could at least get into game. Now all of the suddent today and late yesterday afternoon i started crashing out of the game with BAD_MEM_POINTER errors.

I downloaded the network connection utility from the wwii page and ran it

Test Starting.

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 500ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 219ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 203ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 218ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 219ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 219ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 219ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 218ms

Connection tests completed OK.

thats what i get.

Any rats care to comment if this is ok. The Auth Pri at 500ms is a bit high. But i dont know why that is. Could it be alot of load on that server causing me crap pings to it. And why is that serv have the highest ping when all the rest of the pings are between 200 and 220????

Are they at different locations, are they on older equipment?

SHIFTY see post "system crash" by me there are other post too i had "HAD" the same problem.it seems that we're losing code as we play game.

For anyone else following this thread, Bar and Eko can now play. Here is how they fixed it:

EDIT: Ah, cool. I posted at the same time as your respose. Glad it worked for you.

I responded to his support ticket. It's a fairly rare problem without a known fix. There is a workaround, but not a permanent fix that I know of.

When you launch the game, it launches ww2.exe ww2.exe looks at your settings and determines to launch either ww2_x86.exe or ww2_sse2.exe

It seems that ww2.exe is failing to correctly launch the file. The fix is to delete ww2.exe and rename ww2_x86.exe or ww2_sse2.exe to ww2.exe so the game just launches the desired file immediately.

Rename the www2_sse2.exe if you want to use SSE2. Rename the X86 file if you don't want to use SSE2 (or if your processor doesn't support it).

You may have to do this every time the game is patched. For the players that have used this workaround, they have never gotten back to me after a patch. I don't know if they continue to do this sequence, or of the issue resolved for them after a patch.

I still continue to have this similiar problem. My game crashes upon loading, the difference is that I cannot go to the ww2_sse2 and ww2_x86.

I have tried all the things in the thread, and am clueless how to fix it.

I still continue to have this similiar problem. My game crashes upon loading, the difference is that I cannot go to the ww2_sse2 and ww2_x86.

I have tried all the things in the thread, and am clueless how to fix it.

You renamed WW2.exe to something else (like WW2old.exe) and renamed SSE2 or X86, whichever you use, to WW2.exe?

tontis, just to be sure you're talking about the same issue, you're saying that you:

1) launch the game with a link or shortcut

2) Playgate opens and you put in your username/password

3) Click Launch

4) A black command window comes up and disappears

5) Nothing else happens

Correct? If that is not what you mean by "My game crashes upon loading" then post exactly what happens.

You renamed WW2.exe to something else (like WW2old.exe) and renamed SSE2 or X86' date=' whichever you use, to WW2.exe?[/quote']

Yes, but I may opening it the wrong way now. Using playgate, it automatically cannot find it ( C://BATTLE~1/ww2.exe).

tontis, just to be sure you're talking about the same issue, you're saying that you:

1) launch the game with a link or shortcut

2) Playgate opens and you put in your username/password

3) Click Launch

4) A black command window comes up and disappears

5) Nothing else happens

Correct? If that is not what you mean by "My game crashes upon loading" then post exactly what happens.

1) yes

2) yes

3) yes

4) no

The game begins loading the infantry models and such, and before it finishes, it CTDs

Ah, then your issue is completely unrelated to this thread. This thread is about the game never actually being run (thus never getting to the loading screen). Undo everything you did which you read in this thread.

The most common cause of your issue is video card driver.

Start a new thread and include your dxdiag information:

http://www.gnasche.com/ww2ol/support/dxdiag.htm

I have just started getting an error message ' Smartheap memory error. It only happens when I play the game. I will go on fine for a while in the game then I may be respawning and up pops the error and my game crashes. I did have my virutal memory set but was told to let Windows manage it. But it is still happening.

This has never happen before with any other game patch upgrades prior to our last one. Do you suppose this might be game related?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chasf

I have just started getting an error message ' Smartheap memory error. It only happens when I play the game.

This is a fairly common problem with v1.27, and there are several threads about this in the Barracks and the Bug Reports forums. Hopefully the first point release will eliminate this problem.

I am working with 2 accounts on 2 computers. The newer of the 2 accounts has recently developed this problem. As soon as I attempt to load game (I barely see black DOS screen) and it just goes back to my desktop. When I move over to the other computer it works fine.. This is a first for me. I was using version 127 all along with my newer acct. trying to gain rank for it and then this happens....EKO if you are reading these threads its dc I have tried everything mentioned in the past replys above................

BINGO!

I uninstalled my new copy of Office 2007 Enterprise which I recently installed and "VOILA'" My problems have ended........Hope this helps others with this issue. It obviously did something to prevent my game from communicating with the game server!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0