Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
memnoch

HERE FPS HERE BOY

71 posts in this topic

Why is it that the game becomes completely unplayable after every patch? My FPS was in the 30-40 range in heavy fights and now it's 6. Keep this up and I will have no choice but to unsub because I just can't play like this.

Please tell me you're working on it.

S!

Memnoch

I think most people do not see a fps decrease. Instead of posting in the bug forum, you should post in the support forum with your system setup. It's probably some setting that you need to fix.

make sure you go into settings and disable shadows(have to use the drop down menu under shadows). did that and doubled my fps

Why is it that the game becomes completely unplayable after every patch? My FPS was in the 30-40 range in heavy fights and now it's 6. Keep this up and I will have no choice but to unsub because I just can't play like this.

S!

Memnoch

I've already disabled just about everything and posted my unsub rant too. 6 FPS is BS. I don't blame you. You'd think after six years of development they'd improve performance.

You might want to uninstall the game and then reinstall with a fresh copy from the ftp download. So many years of updates, something might have gotten fubar'd. Also, it doesnt say what rig specs you have anywhere in your post.

Im getting better performance than before 1.27. This thread should probably be moved to the help forum, because this is the place for game bugs.

S!

Memnoch

Don't assume that what's true for you is true for everyone else. I've heard plenty of people say they got FPS increases this patch.

And anyway, as the game's graphics increase over the years, you'll need better and better hardware to play.

CRS doesn't have magical powers.

They can't make modern graphics run smoothly on old or crappy hardware.

If you want to keep playing modern PC games, you have to upgrade your hardware anyway. That's just the bottom line.

All you people saying to unistall etc are usless, dont post if you only have dribble. I go from 130 fps to about 2 while flying over and AOed town with Vis limits on Low This is A game problem not a peoples system for the most part, Fps should not lose 100+ in a second and make the game unplayable.

Don't assume that what's true for you is true for everyone else. I've heard plenty of people say they got FPS increases this patch.

Im getting better performance than before 1.27. This thread should probably be moved to the help forum, because this is the place for game bugs.

Sorry to disagree but the 1st time i'v heard anyone claim better FPS performance since the update is right here, right now :)

What always gives me <10 FPS is any form of anti-aliasing. If I turn antialiasing off in my nvidia-settings, I get normal FPS again. Have you tried switching off anti-aliasing?

I myself went from pre-patch 60-80 fps to post patch 1 - 21 fps...lol. The vast majority of the people I talk to in TS and ingame all say they have seen a dramatic decrease in fps with the 1.27 patch.

Oh and by the way, this game does "NOT" have modern graphics, hate to break it to you bud, but these graphics are very very dated. Very little has changed since the original release. I play Everquest II on max settings with 40+ fps and that games graphics engine is way more modern than WW2 Onlines by nearly 5 years not to mention it looks about 100 times better. Yes I still play EQII. :cool:

If you tried to sell this game at Best Buy / CompUSA or any other place and put on the box, the latest modern graphics and post real screen shots on the box you would get laughed out of the store...lmao

The biggest problem for loss of FPS is an old engine coupled with outdated library files.

FPS sucks in this patch. I'm on a fresh install on Windows Vista with the following hardware:

- Intel Q6600, quad core

- 4 Gigs Ram

- EVGA 8880 GTS, 640 MB VRam

I get 20 to 30 FPS in a regular battle. The funny thing is, my FPS is higher than everybody else around me, lol. Everyone else around me is getting under 15 FPS at times, lol.

Gadwin

Sad to say but there must be something wrong with your systems and/or setups if you have that kind of hardware with performance that low because I get better than that with my old X850XT/2GB/64 X2 5200+.

FPS sucks in this patch. I'm on a fresh install on Windows Vista with the following hardware:

- Intel Q6600, quad core

- 4 Gigs Ram

- EVGA 8880 GTS, 640 MB VRam

I get 20 to 30 FPS in a regular battle. The funny thing is, my FPS is higher than everybody else around me, lol. Everyone else around me is getting under 15 FPS at times, lol.

Gadwin

Alot of the fanboys say they are getting 100+fps in those big battles, but funny when they post screenies I see 12.

Alot of the fanboys say they are getting 100+fps in those big battles' date=' but funny when they post screenies I see 12.[/quote']

Bull****.

I've never heard ANYONE claim 100 fps in a "big battle" and I've never seen anyone who claimed high fps post a screenie that showed low fps.

You're making up BS just so you can keep feeling sorry for yourself that YOU happen to have low FPS.

I have a midrange system that cost me less than $1000; I run the game with max settings, max radial clutter, post render filter on, etc, 1600x1200, 16xAF and 16xQAA. Here's some of the typical fps I get:

th_fps1.jpg

(click for full size)

th_fps2.jpg

(click for full size)

th_fps3.jpg

(click for full size)

th_fps7.jpg

(click for full size)

th_fps8.jpg

(click for full size)

(an example of "low" fps: There were literally dozens and dozens of people spawned in on this single mission alone)

th_fps9.jpg

(click for full size)

easy xanthus m8, there are alot of us suffering from this and running decent systems.

It appears that a lucky minority havn't been affected, the rest of us badly need this issue looking into.

Bull****.

I've never heard ANYONE claim 100 fps in a "big battle" and I've never seen anyone who claimed high fps post a screenie that showed low fps.

You're making up BS just so you can keep feeling sorry for yourself that YOU happen to have low FPS.

I have a midrange system that cost me less than $1000; I run the game with max settings, max radial clutter, post render filter on, etc, 1600x1200, 16xAF and 16xQAA. Here's some of the typical fps I get:

All I can see here is your first pic with 100 + FPS and another pic that contain's a TOS of your own invention. And you bragging about spending another $1000 on a "midrange" system. That's $1,000 way too much I don't or many others don't care to spend on a game plagued with minor errors in code and outdated software. We already pay a monthly sub. Most other games run just great on our systems we have now. It's time to open up our eyes and look at the real issues that cause havoc for this game and nip them. Issues that CRS is well aware of, no need to list them all here. I guess you're blind and can't read all the CTD, out of memory, memory pointer posts out there. Oh yeah and those FPS posts, do a search for that. LOL

I'd prefer to empty my wallet on my family, not on another crappy upgrade to play a game.

/PWNAGE

i dont know why all you people are complaining, really.....i've been playing the game for over 2 years with 1-8 fps with it ever rarely going higher and i def dont have the means to upgrade my comp and i dont complain like the rest of you i just live with it....it makes me laugh when people say something like "OMG THIS IZ BS IM GONNA PWNZ0R UR AZZ CRS I HATE YOU" when ur fps when from 1,000,000,000 to 12.....i'd die for that fps, be grateful that u have a comp that can actually do 70 and when it goes down to 10 or watever......just play the game like u normally would no big deal.

All I can see here is your first pic with 100 + FPS and another pic that contain's a TOS of your own invention. And you bragging about spending another $1000 on a "midrange" system.

"Bragging"???

Heh...my point in mentioning that was actually the opposite. Some people seem to think you need to spend $2000-$3000 for a "decent" system (have you read the computer build advice threads?).

I said I spent only $1000 for a solid midrange system that was capable of decent performance in this game to show that you don't need to spend exorbitant amounts of money to get good FPS.

The cold, cruel truth of computer hardware is that you need to spend more money for better performance; I was trying to make a point that "decent" performance is attainable for midrange prices (and btw *I* don't decide what's "midrange" or not, the computer industry does). You can't blame game developers who MUST keep up with industry standards when your own hardware is at fault.

That's $1,000 way too much I don't or many others don't care to spend on a game plagued with minor errors in code and outdated software.

So when CRS tries to update the software by adding modern graphical effects, and your outdated hardware necessarily doesn't perform as well, you complain....? What exactly are you asking for?

Were you born yesterday? You *DO* realize that as time goes on and the game changes and improves, hardware requirements will change too, right??

You b1tch about the software being outdated but then you complain when updated software doesn't run as well on your outdated hardware??

We already pay a monthly sub.

That's right, this is an MMO; MMOs are online games that require monthly subscription fees.

Most other games run just great on our systems we have now.

I'll bet.

What games?

What settings do you run them at?

Believe it or not, WWIIOL is necessarily MORE intensive than most games on the market because its massive scope, its vis distance, its player vis limit, complex ballistics, damage, and environmental models, etc

If it doesn't perform as smoothly as other games in the most intensive situations that's understandable and unavoidable.

This game is more demanding than most, and that's as it SHOULD be.

It's time to open up our eyes and look at the real issues that cause havoc for this game and nip them. Issues that CRS is well aware of, no need to list them all here.

You would know what those issues are and how to address them better than the very people who made this game, I suppose? Or I guess you're implying that they're purposely ignoring those issues just to let you suffer, even though they're more aware than you of how much their livelihoods depend on the success of this game.

I guess you're blind and can't read all the CTD, out of memory, memory pointer posts out there. Oh yeah and those FPS posts, do a search for that. LOL

Find the post where I denied that any of those issues existed or that a number of players weren't experiencing them. My posts have been directed at YOU and YOU ALONE.

"LOL"

I'd prefer to empty my wallet on my family, not on another crappy upgrade to play a game.

...says the guy who empties his wallet for a monthly subscription to come on a forum so he can b1tch and "pwn" people.

Look, the game isn't perfect, not by a long shot; We ALL know that. CRS is the first to admit that. They're a group of a handful of guys with unbelievably limited resources.... DUH. So the game has issues, nice job figuring that one out, genius.

Since you made the conscious choice to empty your wallet on this game and you apparently think it's worth spending money on, you should realize that CRS is best served by your support, not your whining. If there are bugs, use .report, offer to do testing, and if you find something wrong, let CRS know and ask how you can help.

Your whining doesn't help the game that YOU paid for and it doesn't help CRS.

Investing in a game and then whining like a child about it won't help the game get better.

"Bragging"???

Heh...my point in mentioning that was actually the opposite. Some people seem to think you need to spend $2000-$3000 for a "decent" system (have you read the computer build advice threads?).

I said I spent only $1000 for a solid midrange system that was capable of decent performance in this game to show that you don't need to spend exorbitant amounts of money to get good FPS.

The cold, cruel truth of computer hardware is that you need to spend more money for better performance; I was trying to make a point that "decent" performance is attainable for midrange prices (and btw *I* don't decide what's "midrange" or not, the computer industry does). You can't blame game developers who MUST keep up with industry standards when your own hardware is at fault.

So when CRS tries to update the software by adding modern graphical effects, and your outdated hardware necessarily doesn't perform as well, you complain....? What exactly are you asking for?

Were you born yesterday? You *DO* realize that as time goes on and the game changes and improves, hardware requirements will change too, right??

You b1tch about the software being outdated but then you complain when updated software doesn't run as well on your outdated hardware??

That's right, this is an MMO; MMOs are online games that require monthly subscription fees.

I'll bet.

What games?

Believe it or not, WWIIOL is necessarily MORE intensive than most games on the market because its massive scope, its vis distance, its player vis limit, complex ballistics, damage, and environmental models, etc

If it doesn't perform as smoothly as other games in the most intensive situations that's understandable and unavoidable.

You would know what those issues are and how to address them better than the very people who made this game, I suppose? Or I guess you're implying that they're purposely ignoring those issues just to let you suffer, even though they're more aware than you of how much their livelihoods depend on the success of this game.

Find the post where I denied that any of those issues existed or that a number of players weren't experiencing them. My posts have been directed at YOU and YOU ALONE.

"LOL"

...says the guy who empties his wallet for a monthly subscription to come on a forum so he can b1tch and "pwn" people.

Look, the game isn't perfect, not by a long shot; We ALL know that. CRS is the first to admit that. They're a group of a handful of guys with unbelievably limited resources.... DUH. So the game has issues, nice job figuring that one out, genius.

Since you made the conscious choice to empty your wallet on this game and you apparently think it's worth spending money on, you should realize that CRS is best served by your support, not your whining. If there are bugs, use .report, offer to do testing, and if you find something wrong, let CRS know and ask how you can help.

Investing in a game and then whining like a child about it won't help the game get better.

Oh damn, you're my hero now.

"Bragging"???

I'll bet.

What games?

"LOL"

Riddleme this Zanth since you're posting advice, then whats this? See if you can figure it out. I know exactly what it is and what causes it:

F:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe\WW2_x86.exe

File version: 1, 27, 0, 255

Program compile time: Aug 27 2007 10:41:16

Date and time: 9/6/2007 21:40:23

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Exception: continuable

Exception address: 0x50052072

Exception tried to: read at address 0xbedb7ada

Exception Registers:

DS: 0x00000023, ES: 0x00000023, FS: 0x0000003b, GS: 0x00000000

EBP: 0x0012f7d4, ESP: 0x11941024, SS: 0x00000023, EIP: 0x50052072

ESI: 0x119411e0, EDI: 0x264e4bd8

EAX: 0x3c6e8192, EBX: 0x50087f2c, ECX: 0xbedb7ade, EDX: 0x270e7490

If after figuring out what this is, then go ahead and try lay claim the RATS are using the latest and greatest. IF for some reason you want to continue pulling the sock over your head, by all means...

BTW it doesn't take $1,000 to pay for a moderate upgrade. But I'm not paying a dime, particularly when this game has issues that if fixed, yesterdays PC's could achieve solid frame rates.

I ran your error through a very expensive error decoder. It took several hours of intensive analysis, but came up with the following:

Error = BUY MORE RAM

Just kidding :)

I ran your error through a very expensive error decoder. It took several hours of intensive analysis, but came up with the following:

Error = BUY MORE RAM

Just kidding :)

LOL

Riddleme this Zanth since you're posting advice' date=' then whats this? See if you can figure it out. I know exactly what it is and what causes it[/quote']

So you're spending money on a buggy game so you can quiz me to win an argument in a forum?

If you know exactly what it is, then why are you asking me?

E-mail CRS and tell them what it is and how to fix it if you think you know better than them.

I still find it a little funny that you were talking about preferring to "empty your wallet on your family", yet you're still choosing to invest in this game and do nothing constructive other than complain.

The game absolutely has bugs, shortcomings, and major problems. If you feel it worth your time, e-mail CRS and let them know what you've found out.

go ahead and try lay claim the RATS are using the latest and greatest. IF for some reason you want to continue pulling the sock over your head, by all means...

Huh?

yesterdays PC's could achieve solid frame rates.

Once again....huh?

If you think yesterday's PCs could achieve solid frames, then why don't you sell your PC and buy something older on ebay?

Look, I understand your complaints about the game.

But since you choose to spend money on it, you should realize that your nonconstructive criticisms don't help the game that you invested in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0