Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outmnuvr

CPU and MoBo temperatures

48 posts in this topic

Ya, TigerDirect kills mEh also

I looked at your link...is there one for a socket 939?

I couldnt find any.

Yours is for the newer AM2 version.

Gawd i wish the game server would come up!@$##%

That last mwave link is for an am2 socket amd.

I used to use mwave before I found newegg. Mwave once sent me a remaufactured cd burner even though I paid top dollar for a 16x yamaha when they were the fastest out. It failed later and when I dug up my mwave paperwork to turn it in they told me no return because it was remanufactured. I swear I never saw that anywhere till I went to return it almost a year later.

They only carry half the selection of newegg too and you have to hunt through the parts to find out if they're agp, pci xpress, or what. Why they haven't changed that years ago I'll never know.

I was about to ask you if you had any stuff for sale (layz).

If i have extra Vcard and Cpu's laying around you must have all

kinds of cool things in your desk drawer.

i just realized its "Brisbane" says socket am2 whatever that is. Tell you the truth don't know much bout AMD's except my AMD Athlon from Best Buy died a few weeks ago (well they said the motherboard prolly) after only a year and a half so i'm ordering a Core 2 Duo and Intel MB package with Ram from Mwave. My old Pent 3 lasted like 7 years so gonna try back with Intel. But the one your ordering is faster than the Brisbane anyways. Good luck on that! Hope it all works out...i'm excited to get back into the game hopefully within 2 weeks

So whats the life expectancy of the AM2 mobo gonna be.

I figure when i buy the am2 mobo, am2 compatible DDR and am2 style CPU they might be on the way out for the next greatest thing-e!?!

maybe i should compare my the system package i'm getting at Mwave with Newegg before i order it from Mwave eh lol. I recently just found Newegg and hadn't really looked much into it except for a new tower. I used Mwave for some ram so i figured i'd use them again when they turned out to be cheaper than Tiger

Hey raven4 if you get a chance do this.

Itemize all the parts your going to buy from mwave and come up with your price.

Do the exact same thing with newegg.

I mean get exactly the same down to the part number.

Everytime i do that......which is very often....im a penny pincher!!!

Newegg always wins.

I would hate to see you buy something online and pay extra for the exact same item.

What you could do is take the time to list EXACTLY what your getting in this forum so everyone can see. Do the comparison. I'll even help. This will help the countless people that come in hear needing advice but never do it.

Would be interesting

I about crapped my pants today when this guy on channel 18 said.

"nite guys. I'll be back when i get my new Dell"

Someone replied " how much did you pay for it"

He said " 1700"

Lazyboy needs to start his own computer company!

I actually don't build for a living it's basically a hobby of mine. I'm a little compulsive about my research when I build my own machines and I've been doing so since about 2000.

Since then I've built machines for family and friends on the side. I generally try to stay on top of whats happening in the parts market just for my own benefit and I don't mind sharing a little knowledge.

It doesn't seem like there's very good money in building custom pc's. The competition is to fierce so I'll stick with my current job and just keep it a hobby. Then I don't mind spending time on the net at night helping people out. If I did it all day I'd be sick of it when I got home.. heeh.

I don't have much laying around. I tend to give it away. I gave my last decent video card to a squaddie and my wifes using my x800xt. =) My machines stay built once I put them together so no cpus to speak of in the drawer. I gave my last free leftover psu that came with a case to my babysitter when her's burnt out. I usually do my builds for free. They've all been family and friends.

ok i did it and surprisingly Mwave was cheaper on the CPU and MB, only the Ram was cheaper at Newegg.

c2d e6550 2.33

199 new

174mwave

intel dg33fbc

103.99 new

103.95 mwave

KINGSTON VALUE RAM KVR667D2N5K2/2G 2GB KIT (1GB x 2) MATCH PAIR PC25300 667MHZ CL5 240-PIN DDR2 DIMM

kingston

72.99 new

74.50mwave

and i didn't find my harddrive i was looking at at newegg but anyways except for the ram mwave is cheaper for me.

Sounds pretty familiar.

I have only built 3 for me and 3 for friends.

I would never charge either. I love putting things together and trying to figure out combinations. I wish i had time to stay on top of things. It seems i only pay attention to computers when i need to build or upgrade.

Hell things change so fast it would be hard to stay on top of everything.

I felt so good last christmas when i heard my brothers wife was thinking of a computer for my brother. He was happy with his windows98 Dell450...LMAO

She was going to spend 1300 on a Dell. I about choked her to death!!!!

I built him an awesome rig for 880 bucks going threw Newegg. You could imagine how happy he was going from a 1998 Dell450 to a brand new rig.

She later gave me 100 bucks. She wouldnt take the money back!!!

win/win situation

raven...better give layzboy the full part numbers.

i'll bet my 17,000+ A2A kills he will find something!!!!

LMAO

ok the Intel Part numbers are

BOXDG33FBC for the motherboard

BX80557E6550 for CPU

KVR667D2N5K22G kingston ram

thanks for the help lol i'm pretty locked on those i realize the intel p35 MB is only a few bucks more but no ps/2 slots on them and no vga (not that its important as i'm gonna get a geforce card but i'm stuck around this price range

Whatever makes you happy bro.

Im just happy with the advice i received and have learned a lot over the last week in this forum!!

That cpu the e6550 is essentially an e6320 that comes overclocked to 333 fsb mainclock. It runs a 7x multiplier just like the e6320. They are no different except for price and stock fsb settings. That's why the e6420's are more expensive than the e6550's The e6420's has an 8x multiplier.

If you're getting an e6550 you can save a few dollars by just getting an e6320 and manually changing the bios settings to match the e6550. It will do so with absolutely no problems on the stock cooler. I've yet to see or hear of an e6300 that wouldn't top 333 fsb. Usually it's 400-500 depending on ram/mb. They are only $10 different though. e6320's went up $10 overnight at newegg. Mwave beats the cpu price today

Here's a sweet deal on a p35 MB with ps2 connectors for mouse and keyboard. I haven't heard much about intel g33 chipset overclocking but the p35 series is supposed to be the best right now.

$92

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA24085

I also put zipzoomfly right up there with newegg tigerdirect and mwave.

They have free shipping on the cpu and MB at zipzoomfly.com

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80866

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10006307

DDR667 is going to ruin your overclocking headroom. Get at least ddr800 or you won't be able to get the performance your cpu is capable of putting out. Just about any core2duo is capable of running 1:1 with ddr800 at 400(1600) fsb. If you get ddr667 your machine won't run any faster than 333. The stock speed of your e6550. 1333fsb on the box=333 mainclock fsb setting in the bois=1:1 ratio with ddr667. The ram probably won't go 50mhz higher than that.

Since you can't raise the multiplier the most your e6550 will ever overclock is the limit of how far your ddr667 can go past it's stock speed. That's not likely more than 50 mhz at the most. Other people who you hear are running core2duo's at 3.4 are running either latency 4 ddr800 slacked to latency5 and ran up to 1000mhz or they got ddr1000 or higher rated memory out of the box. 3.5 on an e6300 requires ddr1000. 500x7=3.5

The e6550 is 333x7 =2.33 ghz, the e6320 is 266x7=1.83ghz, the e6420 is 266x8=2.1ghz. The only real difference between core2duo models is the multiplier and the price. The $900 e6800 is 266x11=2.93. I've ran my core2duo for nearly a year at 400x7=2.8 without a hitch. Can't make it to 400 with ddr667 you will stop somewhere near 333x7=2.33 (stock speed of e6550)

With the $30 mail in rebate this 2gig kit of corsair ddr800 latency 4,4,4,12 is only $73. It's also free shipping at zipzoomfly.com

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=85025-6

you are quite the wizard...i'll definently look into all that in the morning. Thanks for your help. Night all

Check back and re read my posts. I usually edit a few things in as I surf around and think of other things to add.

that gigabyte p35 chipset looks very solid...very tempting over more expensive intel 33fbc with the g33 chipset. Guess i got till friday or sat to decide haha

looks like today the e6550 is only a dollar more than the 6320 at zipzoomfly, i guess for the same cpu i might as well spend the extra dollar and its already set to where i'm gonna need it. But i'll keep looking around all week to make a decision Thanks again everyone

For a dollar I'd definitely get the e6550. It was $20-30 more. Prices have been moving around lately.

Since I already have a x7 multiplier core2duo. I'd rather get an e6420. That 8x multiplier would be nice to play with on my overclock. It will do 3.2ghz at 400fsb. A x7 multiplier like the e6550 and e6320 will only do 2.8 at 400 fsb. They require very high fsb to reach high clock speeds because the multiplier can't be changed. An 8x multiplier might be worth an extra $10 or so for sure. The e6600 has a 9x multiplier. You can always move them down not up. Only the $900 extreme editions have unlocked multipliers.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0