• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenney

Audio Dying since 1.27

43 posts in this topic

I bought a new sound card like a month, sounds blaster fatality blah blah. Anywho in 1.26, my audio sounded amazing, now since .27 my audio keeps cutting out. Its when there is a rather large battle going on, but I have my sounds set to 128. So things like my rifle shots and reloading I don't hear. Kind of frustrating.

I have had the same problem using an x-fi with 128 sounds for loads of previous patches and this one...working fine one moment then total silence the next.. 90% of the time it happens while flying. I suspect a stutter in the packets has lost the link with the audio updates. On rtb/death whatever it reverts back to normal again.

My sounds do that also- AND I have also noticed a definite issue with the "direction" of sound origin being off, both distant (all things seem far closer than they are) and left vs right.

Wow, I've been getting sound fading in and out, but I thought it was because I'd dropped the volume control in a cup of coffee :)

Wow' date=' I've been getting sound fading in and out, but I thought it was because I'd dropped the volume control in a cup of coffee :)[/quote']

Lol druc... smooth man smooth. No there is a real problem that I don't think was found in beta because there wasn't enough people online on the beta server to make the audio skip in an out. RATs time to look into this one.

Please describe your Sound Settings in-game.

Sound Card selected = SB Audigy 2?

Sound System = hardware?

Max Sounds = 64? (Don't set it to 128 unless you have checked your sound card has 128 hardware sounds - Audigy 2 has 128 sounds but only 64 are hardware)

Please describe your Sound Settings in-game.

Sound Card selected = SB Audigy 2?

Sound System = hardware?

Max Sounds = 64? (Don't set it to 128 unless you have checked your sound card has 128 hardware sounds - Audigy 2 has 128 sounds but only 64 are hardware)

Creative Fatality

Hardware

I have had the same problem using an x-fi with 128 sounds for loads of previous patches and this one...working fine one moment then total silence the next.. 90% of the time it happens while flying. I suspect a stutter in the packets has lost the link with the audio updates. On rtb/death whatever it reverts back to normal again.

I get intermittent lost sounds too, with an X-Fi 128 sounds. It has nothing to do with the network though because it happens to my own sounds and even offline. Some spawn-ins it's rampant, most of the time i have little problems.

Nvidia Nforce audio

64 sounds

Hardware

Sounds keep dissapearing like footsteps or reloads worked great in 1.26

just started with 1.27.

Same here; gun-sound disappeared while shooting with a plane. Never happened before (with same settings).

More details will be delivered... can't remember actually, sorry :rolleyes:

SB Live!

Another issue:

Since i use 2 Sound-Cards i appreciated the possibility of selecting the output device in BGE. Nevertheless i recognized that BGE ignores the setting which of them should be used; it always uses the primary audio device. I have to switch it using Windows' soundsettings when i want to change from speaker to headset, e.g.

It does not seem to be a system-problem since applications like Teamspeak or Skype do not cause any problems using a specific sound card (with headset) while the W-primary is set to the other.

I've had this forever, but it's worse now.

Soundblaster Pro

Hardware

You're kidding me? SB Pro? Wow circa 1991 technology, do you have really bad FPS btw?

Same problem.

Xtreme Gamer X-fi

16 sounds

Hardware

Ouch, 16 sounds, no wonder sounds disappear, at least pump it up to 64 man! :D

Last night when I was firing the bofor, I did not hear the sound of fire.

After awhile the boom boom sound when I was firing, it comes back, then disappear again.

My cheap Realtek onboard sound chip doesn't help much, so I set it to software 16 sound on my Win XP pro.

This did not happen in the last patch.

I bought a new sound card like a month' date=' sounds blaster fatality blah blah. Anywho in 1.26, my audio sounded amazing, now since .27 my audio keeps cutting out. Its when there is a rather large battle going on, but I have my sounds set to 128. So things like my rifle shots and reloading I don't hear. Kind of frustrating.[/quote']

I have the same card you have and all the latest updates. I am seeing the same thing ( or should I say hearing the same thing ) you are. Regardless of what setting for the sounds I use ( 64 / 128 etc ). All was peachy in 1.26 though, 1.27 borked it some how. :rolleyes:

Creative Fatality

Hardware

That's strange,

I have the X-FI Platinum and I've had no problems. My settings are as follows:

32 sounds

Infrequent

Alerts On

God Forsaken Music Off

Note: I mostly fly if you think that may make a difference.

Regards,

same thing as all

audigy2

disabled

alerts on

music off

truthfully i don't think im hearing even 64 sounds right now.

I had sounds disappearing with 1.26 as well. It's actually less frequent with 1.27 but it does happen now and then.

My main concern is that sounds from vehicles straight ahead almost disappears, I have to turn my head left and right to hear them. When I look straight at them again the sound is gone.

Strangely enough I can hear them perfectly if they are right behind me which suggests that the sound model is wrong somehow, they should be harder to hear behind me than infront of me.

X-Fi Xtreme music

hardware

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0