Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chasf

Smartheap error message out of memory

32 posts in this topic

Within the last couple of days I have getting an error message from a program called smartheap telling me I am out of memory. It does not come up untill I have been in the game a while. It mostly happens when I am respawning or changing from Inf to air. This has never happened before and I was wondering if the new game patch may be causing this. And I is anyone else getting the Smartheap error messages. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks

chasf

I am getting this too. And wwii at the time of reques is taking only half my ram 1 gig.

Winxp

2gig ram

duo CPU

Usually have about 140 FPS in air, but at certain cities I get about 4 FPS, then I get the error.

Yup, same here. It's a new problem for me as well, I've had it shut down WW2OL for me 4-5 times only this week.

I have idea as to what might be causing it, but I've only seen it while playing WW2OL, and as chasf mentioned, only after some time into the game.

Same thing, it's happening at an alarming rate. I'm losing tanks, ms's. After I 'Abort' and try to restart game, I keep getting connection to host lost message. I have to totally restart my computer to get back in game. A good 5 minutes out of game, get's very frustrating happening about every 30 minutes or so sometimes.

Same thing' date=' it's happening at an alarming rate. I'm losing tanks, ms's. After I 'Abort' and try to restart game, I keep getting connection to host lost message. I have to totally restart my computer to get back in game. A good 5 minutes out of game, get's very frustrating happening about every 30 minutes or so sometimes.[/quote']

I have same error exactly the same symptoms... just lost a pak36 that I was hoping to suprise a somua with :)

I meant to add to my post.... This will be a show stopper for me when the Tiger hits campaign, I can spend 3 to 6 hours on a single Tiger mission alone. If I'm losing 1 to 2 vehicles/infantrymen an hour right now with this memory problem...

I'll go absOlOOooootely ape$hit if I'm losing a Tiger every hour or so.. not worth logging on for such frustration.

Oh yeah, I can run WOW, Total War, ect at highest detail settings and just be flying, with 2 gigs of memory and never, ever, EVER any memory problems in any other MMOG or FPS games...

How much virtual memory are you guys using? I got this error every time I spawned, and when I thought to check my virtual memory, it was disabled. I now have it set to 3GB, and I can now spawn without the smartheap error message. I haven't played much since I made this fix, so there is a chance that I'll get it again after playing for a few hours.

I have 4gb set on my machine.

All my HDDs have plenty of free space too.

I've noticed that the game initially uses around 800mb, physical ram, when started up and increases slowly to around 1400mb. It then throws me out with an out of memory error....

I have been thrown out of the game with no error message and I've also had this message up a couple of times too:

Error.jpg

OK swapped to sse2 and so far so good.

Only played for 52 mins so it will be interesting when I play a little longer.

Yep I've been getting this aswell. Its a bloody pain in the arse. All ways at despawn and have been in game for a bit.

Still fubar:

Yes I know I have 10gb virtual memory!

error2.jpg

Your system cache looks very small. 151 Megs. Mine is 1.5 Gigs.

Post a screenie of your virtual memory settings.

vm.jpg

System cache now reads 1gb!

Weird. 8Gigs allocated somehow.

Ok couple things:

1) I would only have the Page File on the drive Windows is actually installed on(C: for me). Therefore I would actually disable the page file on the other drives as long as you have the space on your windows drive and enable it on your windows drive.

2) On my configuration it is defaulted to a custom value Min 2046 Max 4092 rather than just letting the system manage it. Not sure why. That's how it came on my machine when I bought it. You could try that after doing 1).

Back in the days when Linux was young and the fish still swam with their bellies downward the rule of thumb was to have twice as much swap as physical memory.

I've followed that with windows ever since and it's worked quite well. So if you have 2 Gigs of memory a swap from 2048-4096 is good, there's no need to have a swapfile that's 8 Gigs. I'd rather say it could cause more problems with a swap thats to big.

Weird. 8Gigs allocated somehow.

2) On my configuration it is defaulted to a custom value Min 2046 Max 4092 rather than just letting the system manage it. Not sure why. That's how it came on my machine when I bought it. You could try that after doing 1).

Yep mine is also defaulted to custom.. haven't got this error yet, been playing for hours mostly flying. Been monitoring memory usage for some time now and ww2ol never eats up more than 1,2gb, can play for 3+ hours and no problems.

OS and other stuff are using around 300mb ram (I have 2gigs). Well not that it helps but good luck anyways :D. Btw Lerxster you have quite a few processes running, dunno if thats the case while you are playing but thought i mention it.

This thing is really starting to p1$$ me off, just got thrown out in he middle of a fighter sortie and like icing on the cake it accidentally had to be a sortie in which I downed 3 havocs (!!!).

Have CRS given us any pointers on this so far? Cuz I've only had this with the 2 latest patches and it's only occuring while playing WW2OL.

//gnarf - upset LW pilot

Yep mine is also defaulted to custom.. haven't got this error yet, been playing for hours mostly flying. Been monitoring memory usage for some time now and ww2ol never eats up more than 1,2gb, can play for 3+ hours and no problems.

OS and other stuff are using around 300mb ram (I have 2gigs). Well not that it helps but good luck anyways :D. Btw Lerxster you have quite a few processes running, dunno if thats the case while you are playing but thought i mention it.

yeah same here. I think this is definitely a virtual mem setting issue.

Lerxster uses 2 gigs of mem when the game is running? He must have other processes running.

Lerxster post your processes tab when running wwiiol after you reset your Virtual Memory to the windows drive only and config it to use Min 2046 Max 4092.

Are people still getting this error with v1.27.1? There might be an undocumented fix included for the memory leak.

Are people still getting this error with v1.27.1? There might be an undocumented fix included for the memory leak.

I really don't think there is a mem leak. I think it's just bad virtual mem settings on the client side.

I really don't think there is a mem leak. I think it's just bad virtual mem settings on the client side.

I have never had a problem with wwiionine before the servers were reset. There was a server side patch before the start of this campaign which seems to have created this CTD/memory error for me. I don't have problems with any other game (Lock On, IL2, Medieval Total War2, Red Orchestra...etc...).

I have played around with my virtual memory just to see if anything would work. My normal settings are 2046 - 4092 on the C: drive. Sure I have a few processes going on but nothing that is memory heavy...(svhost at 32mb). A few printer drivers, firewall and odds and sods. Nothing that would stop me playing this or any other game.

No CTD since last patch...108 min mission as well .... it's looking good.

Tried fiddling with the pagefile settings, I have 2GB of RAM and I'm currently using a custom pagefile setup of 2048-4096, though I'm still crashing to desktop every now and then.

Microquill had this on their homepage:

http://www.microquill.com/kb/trouble.htm

I know, the usual disclaimer but still, it's only happening in this game so I guess CRS should take a close look in this.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0