• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrslave

sound issue

7 posts in this topic

so, here is the problem. ww2ol only uses whatever is set as the primary sound source regardless of what i select in the settings app.

it did this in XP, it does it now that i am on vista ultimate.

my setup is like this.

audigy2 > headphone amp > headphones

onboard realtek chip > crappy speakers

i have been trying to use media center and have it use the realtek and the normal speakers, in order to do this though it has to be the primary 'default' sound card in control panel.

fine, select the audigy in ww2ol settings app right? no, if the realtek is primary regardless of what is selected in the settings app it uses the primary 'default' setting from windows.

teamspeak works fine, i select the audigy2 and all sound goes through that. it doesn't matter what i select as the default sound card.

its frustrating.

i checked the wwiiol.xml file and then double checked the registry, the correct DSGuid is listed yet it isn't working.

that is correct. wtf? :(

yeah so, i dont see a way around this unfortunately and i can't figure out the massive array of media center registry entries that control the audio setup.

sux :(.

Try looking in the Control Panel - Audio/Sound

Go to the Audio tab and uncheck "use only default devices" or something like that. May or may not be the cause.

works great for all game out there except here you have to stand on your head while the wind is blowing to the east on the thrird sunday of the month.

works great for all game out there except here you have to stand on your head while the wind is blowing to the east on the thrird sunday of the month.

i have had issues with other games and other software actually. multiple sound devices is routinely troublesome for me.

worst case i can hack together a vbscript to change the default audio device and then launch ww2ol. i would rather not cause i am lazy but that will work.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0