• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Please post Mac bugs here

78 posts in this topic

Appreciate the advice guys.

Ahwulf - thanks, at least I know I've got the right client! I did wonder for a while.

Abidubi. No sounds, nothing. It's dead. I've tried cmd-tab dozens of times and yep, I release both keys ;) still nothing. I stay with the game screen visible and my Mac cursor movable but nothing 'clickable' - literally nothing works. Eventually I'll start getting OS alert sounds when I hit cmd-tab but still nothing. Also tried the force-quit then enter as I know the game could be locked and refusing to let me see the force-quit dialog. I'm well aware it takes a lot to totally kill an OS X machine! But again, nothing.

Only way out I've had is to force reboot. And I really hate doing that so I simply don't try to get back to the desktop now. I'd like a reliable cmd-tab, but it's not essential. What I think is, though, is an end to CTDs! Good luck on sorting it - I may well try the Beta, we'll see.

Greg

PS Happy Christmas all!

Yeah sounds like the screen grab isn't being released when the game dies. How this works is a complete mystery, we do what Apple suggests to capture the screen, but they don't mention what happens when something goes wrong. If you had a second computer (any kind) it's possible to set up remote connection via ssh, log into the stuck Mac, and issue a reboot command (or maybe kill windowserver or whatever is controlling the video). The unix subsystem doesn't die, just the video.

Appreciate the advice guys.

Ahwulf - thanks, at least I know I've got the right client! I did wonder for a while.

Abidubi. No sounds, nothing. It's dead. I've tried cmd-tab dozens of times and yep, I release both keys ;) still nothing. I stay with the game screen visible and my Mac cursor movable but nothing 'clickable' - literally nothing works. Eventually I'll start getting OS alert sounds when I hit cmd-tab but still nothing. Also tried the force-quit then enter as I know the game could be locked and refusing to let me see the force-quit dialog. I'm well aware it takes a lot to totally kill an OS X machine! But again, nothing.

Only way out I've had is to force reboot. And I really hate doing that so I simply don't try to get back to the desktop now. I'd like a reliable cmd-tab, but it's not essential. What I think is, though, is an end to CTDs! Good luck on sorting it - I may well try the Beta, we'll see.

Greg

PS Happy Christmas all!

Wow. That sounds exactly like my experience (even occasional alert sounds) except that eventually it gets out of it. Did you try a non-native resolution though (anything other than what your desktop is set to)? Thats all I can think of. Otherwise I guess you are out of luck for cmd-tabbing.

Sucks to because I was so happy when 1.27 came and I could finally cmd-tab while spawned in without the game CTDing. Same problem with the beta?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0