• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lowflyr

What's latest VISTA tweaks for better fps in WWIIOL?

2 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

Well about 2 weeks ago I received my new computer with one of my intents to be that I would see some better fps; Of course it had VISTA and the bummer is it hardly made a dent in my fps. Went from avg 15 fps in games to a whopping 20-25 fps.

I have searched this and several other forums to obtain some ideas on how to tweak the system for improvement. Most of them are at least 3-4 months old+ and have not been very incouraging; along with flaming and finger pointing, which I don't like to see happen as everyone is trying.

I have the latest drivers, and the MS Hotfix installed. I have a G15 keyboard that shows I am only using about 28% of CPU and upto about 90% of RAM. Does this mean I need more RAM.

One person suggested I get more RAM ( have 2gb already) and "page file" it. Don't know how to do this.

I have some questions, and what are the latest list of recommendations for tweaking. for WWIIOL. If you can also do a step-by-step that would help not only me but all those other novices who so love this game.

How do you page file (steps please)

In Nvidia control panel, if I add a WWIIOL file with the tweaks, what exe. file do you save it to so that it loads each time?

The other recommendations to try?

Here is what my new computer system is, if that helps.

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

4 - 320GB SATA II 3GB 16 MB 7200rps HD

Memory: 2x1gb Corsair DDR2 6400 xms extreme RAMw/ heat sink

4- case fans

Coolermaster LGA 775+ 3.6GHZ fan

RAID-0 Striping

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.070627-1500)

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 970MB used, 3341MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

ASUS P5N-E SLI NFORCE 650 SLI MB

NZXT 800 Watt power supply

AC97 onboard sound

XFX EXTREME NVIDIA G8800 GTS 640 MB Video card

Windows VISTA Home Premium

Windows VISTA Office Basic

Big thanks in advance,

Lowflyr

How do you page file (steps please)

To adjust your page file (aka virtual memory) settings, do the following:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > System.

2. At the left side of the screen, you should see a list of tasks. Click on "Advanced system settings."

3. In the Advanced tab under System Properties, there are three sections. Click on the "Settings..." button under Performance.

4. In the Performance Settings window, go to the Advanced tab. There you'll see two sections, one for "Virtual memory".

5. Click on the "Change..." button to set your page file.

I also have 2GB RAM, and to help avoid the "out of memory" error, I have set my Virtual Memory to a custom size with initial size of 3069 MB and a maximum size of 6138 MB.

In Nvidia control panel, if I add a WWIIOL file with the tweaks, what exe. file do you save it to so that it loads each time?

With that system, you should probably be using the SSE2 executable (run the offline settings program to check that, it's the check box at the bottom). I've never used the Nvidia control panel, but if you have to select a specific exe file, choose WW2_sse2.exe.

The other recommendations to try?

All my other recommendations would be tweaks to the game settings. Certain settings, such as water reflections and muzzle smoke are nice to look at but don't add much to the game experience, and can therefore be turned off.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0