Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KFS1

Monday's Roermond battle

81 posts in this topic

I snagged about 1hr 30 minutes of footage from Monday's big battle for Roermond, will be making about 45-50 minutes of it available as buz cam movies for those of you who want to see what the bigger picture was.

Part one now available.

Note: added QuickTime versions.

Roermond was an amazing battle. Simply amazing. One of the best yet I've been in this campaign (and I say that as an Allied having lost the town ;) ).

Someone else suggested this elsewhere, but more large cities broken up like RW/R might make them more fun to play in..I don't know though. It might just be the combination of terrain, city layouts, along with the divided city that make it such a blast. Larger cities might just turn into more of a moling nightmare than they already are (to me at least).

/downloading now.

Roermond was an amazing battle. Simply amazing. One of the best yet I've been in this campaign (and I say that as an Allied having lost the town ;) ).

Someone else suggested this elsewhere, but more large cities broken up like RW/R might make them more fun to play in..I don't know though. It might just be the combination of terrain, city layouts, along with the divided city that make it such a blast. Larger cities might just turn into more of a moling nightmare than they already are (to me at least).

/downloading now.

I agree. Large cities like Antwerp and Luxembourg should be broken down into multiple CPs. There's no reason to own all or none of the city. A side should be able to control portions of the city much like Stalingrad.

Hehe... It was actually so nice to watch that it kept me from logging into the game until it was finnished ;)

That was epic. You never quite realise the scale of the larger battles as a player.

Looking forward to part 2.

I agree. Large cities like Antwerp and Luxembourg should be broken down into multiple CPs. There's no reason to own all or none of the city. A side should be able to control portions of the city much like Stalingrad.

Sounds good to me. Probably a million technical reasons why it cant be done with TE1 but still a good idea IMO.

Edit: come to think of it, there is one city that's like that already I think. I just can't remember which one atm.

I snagged about 1hr 30 minutes of footage from Monday's big battle for Roermond, will be making about 45-50 minutes of it available as buz cam movies for those of you who want to see what the bigger picture was.

Part one now available.

LOL @ Hathcock getting killed by a Pak at close range!!

winnerbh2.gif

Cool, downloading now... I resubscribed a couple days ago and that battle was freakin' amazing. We had tons of mortar fire going across the river, some axis guy got 63 kills with his mortar until he finally got picked off. Tanks everwhere, MGs spraying back and forth. That was a serious fight. I hope you guys on the allied side had as much fun as we did on the axis.

Amazing movie. There is no game like this one, I wish more people could see this. The buzzard needs smoother controls though.

Oh man, that's fantastic... You gotta put this up on youtube or anywhere where people can check this out. Quite a game sometimes eh?

*floored*

winnerbh2.gif

LOL @ my getting there just in time to catch it ;)

Amazing movie. There is no game like this one' date=' I wish more people could see this. The buzzard needs smoother controls though.[/quote']

Make it so.

/downloading now.

Unkel/Remagen can produce some pretty excellent battles too. Its a case of mixed novelties: 1. Spawning within mortar distance of one another; 2. The ONLY bridge worth having sparks some really intense fights; 3. The evil placement of AI; 4. Mortar use ;)

Ages ago, when I was still a player, a bug in the strat host allowed you to spawn from any town you owned an AB in. There were some awesome, epic battles in Antwerp, Brussels, Liege and Maastricht... But like the 1.27.0 epic battles, might have gotten old soon.

Bridge battles in big city's don't get the ferocity you're going to see in Part 2 of the movie, which is really what made this a fight worth filming ;)

From August, 2002:

brussels3jc5.jpg

newantwerp2iq0.jpg

Although I'd just remove the Antwerp FBs to Kalm and Schilde altogether, and take out all Brussel's FB's except Leuven.

I remember the first ab to ab across a river fight..Killer was there and there was a bug in beta might have been early play for pay, not sure, that allowed us allies to spawn in an axis ab. A fortent of things to come.

i dont think i saw one axis plane in that battle lol

Trust me, they were there. That is actually the tail end of the fight, as I recall. Most of Allied armor had been wiped earlier by the well entrenched Axis armor, and stuka/111 bombing...

I managed to get out of the AB with a b1 Bis at one point, took out a 38t, and then was promptly sapped even though 50+ friendly ei were around me.

All the while I kept wondering where the heck was OUR air support. As we can see in the clip, Allied air was there but invisible to me.

winnerbh2.gif

Heh, I laughed out loud at that.

Great video, thanks KFS1!

Trust me, they were there. That is actually the tail end of the fight, as I recall. Most of Allied armor had been wiped earlier by the well entrenched Axis armor, and stuka/111 bombing...

I managed to get out of the AB with a b1 Bis at one point, took out a 38t, and then was promptly sapped even though 50+ friendly ei were around me.

All the while I kept wondering where the heck was OUR air support. As we can see in the clip, Allied air was there but invisible to me.

Part 1 is the start/mid section of the battle. The Luftwaffe were overhead all the time but generally engaged much higher than I point the camera.

Part 2 will be the tail end of the battle - the last hour or so, with the bulk of the action.

Unfortunately my attempt to film some of the air combat I saw was really poor cameraman ship, and I needed disk space to be able to start rendering :(

A beautiful display of mortar effectiveness.

Especially when it came time to lay smoke for the bridge crossing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0