Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KFS1

Monday's Roermond battle

81 posts in this topic

Part 1 is the start/mid section of the battle. The Luftwaffe were overhead all the time but generally engaged much higher than I point the camera.

Part 2 will be the tail end of the battle - the last hour or so, with the bulk of the action.

Unfortunately my attempt to film some of the air combat I saw was really poor cameraman ship, and I needed disk space to be able to start rendering :(

Poopie

had a decent sized group of 110s marauding the allies with their uptiered aircraft

lol at the end of part 1

that bridge is just covered with corpses

having hulks and corpses remain adds such a greater degree of immersion to the game

i mean that bridge is just a slaughter

its like something outa rome total war lol

From August, 2002:

brussels3jc5.jpg

newantwerp2iq0.jpg

Although I'd just remove the Antwerp FBs to Kalm and Schilde altogether, and take out all Brussel's FB's except Leuven.

This is good stuff- fight for the suburps, as they did in RL.

I agree. Large cities like Antwerp and Luxembourg should be broken down into multiple CPs. There's no reason to own all or none of the city. A side should be able to control portions of the city much like Stalingrad.

CRS was actually going to do this until they figured out what it would take to do it. If you think moleing is bad now, this is nothing compared to how bad it was in years past before AOs.

What, no footage of my crappy landing of a JU on the west side with FJs, lol? Next bit of film I imagine.

VR

What, no footage of my crappy landing of a JU on the west side with FJs, lol? Next bit of film I imagine.

VR

That was you? You do infact make a real short appearance. Kinda flamey tho :)

When you said that there over 200 of em. You were talking about the allies right? It looked like there were the same amount of blue as ther was red tag. So roughly 400 people fighting there?

When you said that there over 200 of em. You were talking about the allies right? It looked like there were the same amount of blue as ther was red tag. So roughly 400 people fighting there?

Yes, if I hadn't been flying the buzzard you would probably see a lot less blue tags - but the combination of my altitude (it takes a split second to pop up to 1500m in the buzzard), the buzzard's biasing and the river separating the two forces ... means the buzzard is using a fairly narrow field of view. When I'm over the Axis mortar position, and I move forward or backward you can see new icons popping in on the other side of the river.

I had some footage that showed how it looked with the different vis levels and showed the "uber big picture" but I mistook the files for outtakes and deleted them :(

Very nice video - good that no music, just battlesound in it.

Well, it leads me to a question:

Comparing the video/battlesound to other movies - can we have some more kinds of whistling (like falling bombs) from mortar-grenades? (And maybe from bigger calibers - artillery, when they come into the game)

And - does it will be possible to "hear" the heavy calibres at a bit greater distance (when aproaching the frontline - usually first the big explosions are heared first)?

But anyway - one of the best videos I have seen abou BGE - no question about that!

It was truly awesome. The amount of players on the ground was overwhelming.

Just driving out of the AB on the Axis side, I counted at least 20+ AAA...and the 128 limit was in full force. I was trying to drive around resupplying people.... First I resupplied friendly mortars as an inf, then I resupplied bofors, 88s, and tanks with an opel.

When we got an MS up on the W side I thought for sure we had them, and eventually we did. :)

I've got some screenshots of the fight, I'll dig through and see if there's anything worth posting.

EDIT:

You can see me in the video at the RR station with a mortar @ ~ 11:00 (I was aiming at the AB, but I should've been aiming at their N depot... I didn't realize there were so many targets there). I'm almost positive you can see one of my HE rounds land in front of the garage at the AB @ ~11:41 and then again at 11:47...that's the exact spot I was aiming for (using my patented accurate indirect fire technique)....

nice video' date=' but you really see only 1 lw plane.[/quote']

Considering the Allies AAA was going off pretty much in every shot, I'm sure that there was LW up there, unless there was some sort of iraqi wedding going on that the LW where not invited too.

Considering the Allies AAA was going off pretty much in every shot' date=' I'm sure that there was LW up there, unless there was some sort of iraqi wedding going on that the LW where not invited too.[/quote']

The Allied AAA was mostly focused on ground targets across the river, Allied air DEFINITELY had air superiority throughout the fight. Only a handful of Axis pilots reached town alive and they died very quickly.

As you can see, bombs are only landing on the Axis side of river... :)

The Allied AAA was mostly focused on ground targets across the river, Allied air DEFINITELY had air superiority throughout the fight. Only a handful of Axis pilots reached town alive and they died very quickly.

1. I saw quite a lot of AAA going up

2. Is it really the fault of the RAF/FAF if the LW don't turn up?

You becry the fact that your LW are not in the video but if you don't put the pilots in the planes and the planes in the air then they won't be seen.

Perhaps JesterG has been flying them all into tanks?

Ya you can see Sideout and Me making a bombing run on the east river bank. That place was hell to bomb though with all those boats shooting at us. I got shot down a couple of times but it was fun. A bit "stuttery" though :(.

Battle of Roermond: screenshots

(NOTE about FPS: I've recently been playing with v-sync enabled, so my FPS hovers around 30 throughout the fight; half of my refresh rate of 60. It seems to me it gives a smoother experience overall, smoother than higher fps even, so I think I'll leave it enabled....)

th_roermond1.jpg

I did my duty, spawned a rifleman and helped to keep our mortars fully supplied overstocked.

th_roermond2.jpg

One of the Allied EA over town got a little greedy and tried to take out our position; two of us died but so did he, and he didn't manage to get the opel.

th_roermond3.jpg

"BLEN DOWN!!!"

th_roermond4.jpg

Like I said, Allies had 100% air superiority over Roermond. Only a handful of guys on comms were on their way with 110s or other German air, and they got pwned pretty quickly.

(continued next post)

th_roermond5.jpg

This screenshot doesn't do it justice, but the AB was *PACKED*.... I gotta wonder what kind of vis limit the buzzard uses, because guys on my side popped into existence as I drove along the AB, and I have vis limit set to High.....

th_roermond7.jpg

We got our RDP during the battle, and I took out a shiny new 251.

th_roermond6.jpg

Mortaring the W side. Unfortunately, I thought the AB would be the best target, but as KFS1's video shows, the N depot was the most packed target, chocked full of EI. In KFS's video, looks like the AB was mostly empty by this point, so I got no kills, just a few damages.

th_roermond8.jpg

Somehow (I still don't know how), we got an MS up on the North of town on the Allied side. I spawned in and finally got some mortar kills when I pounded the N depot and CP. I suspect footage of this action will be in Part 2 of KFS1's video.

th_roermond9.jpg

Sorry to spoil the movie, but this is how it ended! ;)

I was mortaring the AB again after our MS died (still not realizing they weren't spawning there), and timezone, the famous n00b who got pwned by zergie in KFS's video, gave me a ride on PzII across the bridge. By the time I got to the other side, we owned Roermond West.

Damn good fight, both sides!

Poopie

had a decent sized group of 110s marauding the allies with their uptiered aircraft

Ya I know, you got me and kidd.

I knew I shouldn't have engaged you with so little E...

Ahh, sometimes I just don't learn.

I saw quite a lot of AAA going up

So did I; it was all Axis.

Is it really the fault of the RAF/FAF if the LW don't turn up?

You becry the fact that your LW are not in the video but if you don't put the pilots in the planes and the planes in the air then they won't be seen.

LOL I never "becried" anything, you're just picking a fight. :P

I was merely stating facts; the AAA going up over Roermond was Axis and the Allies had air superiority.

Our air got pwned fair and square and you guys dominated the skies, I never complained about anything. I don't mind because we eventually pwned you on the ground even with all those bombs raining down on us. ;)

LOL I never "becried" anything, you're just picking a fight. :P

I was merely stating facts; the AAA going up over Roermond was Axis and the Allies had air superiority.

Our air got pwned fair and square and you guys dominated the skies, I never complained about anything. I don't mind because we eventually pwned you on the ground even with all those bombs raining down on us. ;)

You as in general the Axis, not you as in you the you, should have made that clearer sorry.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0