Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KFS1

Roermond: Part 2 UPDATE -- 260mb low res version too

98 posts in this topic

LOL @ the n00b getting killed off of the 251...

WTF was he thinking?? Another n00b standing like a tree just waiting to be killed... he didn't even bother to go into the cp... :P

Well i started flying and I got a KD of .17

flyer be ware

This type of sh*t wont be happening again...

DL more Pr0n. It's good for the scissors move. :D

6 pounder OWNED those axis... Just OWNED

That battle proves one thing to me.... That our game "population" cant be that bad.. im guessing there had to be around 500+ players in that area.

That battle proves one thing to me.... That our game "population" cant be that bad.. im guessing there had to be around 500+ players in that area.

Indeed.

And this was on a Monday too.

EDIT:

Yep, I'm one of the mortars who didn't realize it was over. I kept firing round after round, then I checked my map and thought "WTF"... I didn't even realize I missed the final push. :P

It was definately a fun fight, probably the best I've seen in a long time. When Axis RDP hit is when the fight turned around. We went from holding the line to tearing things up. Both sides were low on armor and 9 3Hs and a ton of 251s/pak38s turned the tide for us.

The planes were beyond insane though. We had roughly 15-25 people manning AAA guns. Thats about what it takes to even remotely resemble the real danger of CAS. Bombers typically came in fast and dropped and strafing fighters didn't loop around looking for lone infantry. It was great, but sad at the same time. That it takes dozens of people manning AAA to remotely resemble a threat to air, when all it takes is one guy in a plane to pose a threat to everyone on the ground.

Seriously theres a big need for a AAA fix to help balance the game. I think the Docks AI killed more enemy planes than all the AAA gunners we had out there.

Great stuff.... Real nice to watch..

Also a note, many of those "greentags" seen where actually experienced players spawned as Navy groundunits (I took that fight myself to try get out of navy greentag stage, didnt quite make it, but got close ;) )..

Great stuff.... Real nice to watch..

Also a note, many of those "greentags" seen where actually experienced players spawned as Navy groundunits (I took that fight myself to try get out of navy greentag stage, didnt quite make it, but got close ;) )..

Not MikeD420. Fearless.

I like the commentary "he must be biting his nails right now."

Guess I should have been CAS bombing for theAllies instead of helping the Axis with their RDP runs :P So many missed targets of opportunity.

Why don't you explain to us why there were...what...2-4 blue circles the entire movie?

Uh - because of the way the vis system works. I already said I didn't keep the air-battle footage apart from that one quick trip south, and the buzzard is biased towards ground troops.

The amount of AAA going up from the Allied side of the river should be indication of the presence of axis a/c.

LOL @ the n00b getting killed off of the 251...

WTF was he thinking?? Another n00b standing like a tree just waiting to be killed... he didn't even bother to go into the cp... :P

I imagine he is typing "wat now?" ;)

Did the RR building rebuild during the battle? If so, shouldn't buildings not rebuild while there's fighting going on?

Uh - because of the way the vis system works. I already said I didn't keep the air-battle footage apart from that one quick trip south, and the buzzard is biased towards ground troops.

The amount of AAA going up from the Allied side of the river should be indication of the presence of axis a/c.

But even when you went up into the clouds...it looked all red...except for the couple of "poor chaps".

Did the RR building rebuild during the battle? If so' date=' shouldn't buildings [b']not rebuild while there's fighting going on?

I believe it's time based...but it's a long period of time. KFS mentions in part 2 in the cp that's not showing as damaged is actually really damaged and it's just a function of the utility he was using not updating the building status.

Did the RR building rebuild during the battle?

No it didn't. You can see I was there in part 2 as a 251 and later as a mortar and I guarantee you it was in ruins during the whole battle.

Just an update issue with the buzzard like the flag building not showing as blown.

But even when you went up into the clouds...it looked all red...except for the couple of "poor chaps".
Wouldnt you get a better answer for the LW themselves?

No it didn't. You can see I was there in part 2 as a 251 and later as a mortar and I guarantee you it was in ruins during the whole battle.

Just an update issue with the buzzard like the flag building not showing as blown.

Yeah...I saw the rebuilt RR and paused the film to post me question...only to have the Buzzard a few minutes later finally update the building yet again and showing it in its destroyed state. Jumped back here to 'fix' that premature question of mine only to see several responses. Oh well.

Btw...friggin AWESOME movie. If nothing else, it shows the scope and scale of the game.

It looked to me as if the Allies were slowly losing folks as the battle progressed. And, by the time the last massive push rushed across the bridge for the last time, the axis clearly had Numerical superiority. Coupled that with the Equipment superiority they were holding, it wasn't surprising that the French fellback.

These movies are also really interesting to watch to see how folks deploy themselves. Every DB7/Havoc went after the Bridge, but I wonder what would have happened if just a few of those would have laid down a stitch of bombs right along the german gunline they had along the RR tracks ever so often. I've seen that kind of gunline setup time and again used by both sides when there is cross-river fighting and it just BEGS to get bloweded up.

Yeah...I saw the rebuilt RR and paused the film to post me question...only to have the Buzzard a few minutes later finally update the building yet again and showing it in its destroyed state. Jumped back here to 'fix' that premature question of mine only to see several responses. Oh well.

Btw...friggin AWESOME movie. If nothing else, it shows the scope and scale of the game.

It looked to me as if the Allies were slowly losing folks as the battle progressed. And, by the time the last massive push rushed across the bridge for the last time, the axis clearly had Numerical superiority. Coupled that with the Equipment superiority they were holding, it wasn't surprising that the French fellback.

These movies are also really interesting to watch to see how folks deploy themselves. Every DB7/Havoc went after the Bridge, but I wonder what would have happened if just a few of those would have laid down a stitch of bombs right along the german gunline they had along the RR tracks ever so often. I've seen that kind of gunline setup time and again used by both sides when there is cross-river fighting and it just BEGS to get bloweded up.

You're assuming they are rendering for the bombers.

That's 'cause I went South into the Allied stream rather then east towards the Axis :)

Recording 2hrs of footage at 30fps used up nearly all my disk space, so I made some rush decisions when it came to removing footage I didn't think was going to be significant.

Man KFS1

all i can say is EXCELLENT JOB

it's stuff like this that really shines the vast potential this game has...

this battle is simply excellent

it's like what you see in those promotional videos except it's an ACTUAL battle

makes me wana strap on some boots and get a rifle =P

great stuff kfs1 !

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0