• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KFS1

Roermond: Part 2 UPDATE -- 260mb low res version too

98 posts in this topic

These movies are also really interesting to watch to see how folks deploy themselves. Every DB7/Havoc went after the Bridge, but I wonder what would have happened if just a few of those would have laid down a stitch of bombs right along the german gunline they had along the RR tracks ever so often. I've seen that kind of gunline setup time and again used by both sides when there is cross-river fighting and it just BEGS to get bloweded up.

There WERE bombers hitting that line. I took a couple sorties up and the river with the emfbs and east of the RR were my targets. Took out an 88 and smaller guns, but never an ET.

Even if you didn't see it in the video, it doesn't mean they weren't doing it. I know there was another from my squad there bombing and we had constant reports of targets on the east side that we were aiming for, not just the bridge.

That was quite epic :D

It was nice to see some axis people use the 251 as it SHOULD be used, armored transportation across the brigade to the cps.

I love though the one that goes across and gets raped by a AP shell, then all teh guys jump out and proceed to get gunned down.

I also like the 57mm that nailed 3 or 4 german tanks within a few minutes. Was cool view you had.

Great video, next time go advertising this game on other forums I will make sure to post this.

lol this seriously reminds me of the total war games

If you've ever played a bridge map on defense ...

archers utterly decimate the opposing army as they try and funnel across the bridge

corpses everywhere

lol

you look at that bridge and it's just littered with corpses

the body stos really add a whole other aspect of immersion they really do

That's 'cause I went South into the Allied stream rather then east towards the Axis :)

Recording 2hrs of footage at 30fps used up nearly all my disk space, so I made some rush decisions when it came to removing footage I didn't think was going to be significant.

Ah rgr

i just watched part 2, and i was shocked. I didnt even notice him filming me! still can't believe that opel got passed me then, and that's the one that got the axis onto the west bank. Great video, it was great seeing exactly what was going on that whole time. Just wish i didn't have to see that part and could have seen me gunning everyone down on the bridge instead haha.

lol this seriously reminds me of the total war games

If you've ever played a bridge map on defense ...

archers utterly decimate the opposing army as they try and funnel across the bridge

corpses everywhere

lol

you look at that bridge and it's just littered with corpses

the body stos really add a whole other aspect of immersion they really do

Yeah in those missions I would put one unit on the bridge to hold the enemy, and my arches along the bank firing into the sides of the troops massed on the bridge.

Are you trying to prove my statement further with that last sentence? I'm sure that wasn't your intention.

Why don't you explain to us why there were...what...2-4 blue circles the entire movie?

I was up there during the first half of the battle (about an hour or 2 before rdp kicked in)

with bersi and 3 others

these was my sortie results

http://events.wwiionline.com/scripts/services/persona/sortie.jsp?sid=804284&pid=145702&page=1

Yeah in those missions I would put one unit on the bridge to hold the enemy' date=' and my arches along the bank firing into the sides of the troops massed on the bridge.[/quote']

ya id do the exact same thing

get some spear guys right up there to impale them as they tried to cross after archers rained down hell on their heads =P

Hmm - I was just cleaning out my fraps folder and I found footage of you flying - did it not make the movie?

Apparently not since according to g5jams there is no luftwaffe ;)

the only two lw guys i remember seeing in your video was bigdeez and pto (he was in the first half)

both of them in ... less than desirable situations ;)

Apparently not since according to g5jams there is no luftwaffe ;)

the only two lw guys i remember seeing in your video was bigdeez and pto (he was in the first half)

both of them in ... less than desirable situations ;)

Didn't the flaming 87 landing at the end of the bridge make it in too? DAMN IT :)

Didn't the flaming 87 landing at the end of the bridge make it in too? DAMN IT :)

oh ya i saw that

it zipped by like a blurr =P

Don't worry KFS1 - you can do a directors cut for the DVD.

Thanks for part 2 btw. My favourite part was the opel getting over the bridge earlier and managing to set up to the North without getting killed.

Enjoyed that, commentary was pretty good, the Allies where holding the line against a lot of atg/armour.

Grats to thesarg for taking out those 4 pieces of armour.

Grats to Mike as well for greentagging it to the building, that was pretty funny.

I like the commentary on part 2. It nice to see what really goes on in a battle from the view of both sides. I would love to see more videos like this!

Yeah thesarge had a really really nice run with that AT gun, if he'd stayed back a bit and nto exposed himself he may have gotten more.

I like the commentary on part 2. It nice to see what really goes on in a battle from the view of both sides. I would love to see more videos like this!
^

Indeed! Very interesting.

This video should be edited and linked from the main page. Very good promotional material.

sres said "commentary was pretty good" - I'm mortified :(

I hate the sound of my own voice, at least when I'm not talking :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0