Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bates17

:( vista and nvidia issue

5 posts in this topic

bought myself a top notch rig, and ww2ol worked fine for a while, but i installed a beta drive to play crysis, uninstalled the beta drive and reinstalled the latest and from then on in it went earthward like a bf 109 with no tail :), i can play for about 30 mins with no erros, then i will crash with a run time error, i can only get back to desktop by ctrl+alt+del, and when i load back up i cant even get into game before it happens, so far ive only had the issue with this game, the only way i can get back in for another 30 mins is to reboot.

Im going to try a complete wipe of my driver and install the latest, in the mean time any input is welcomed.

I am aware this game is not supported by vista. yet. and that help may be scarce but im loving ground pounding lately since i hated it, please!

The RATs need to start working on Vista now because to wait for SP1 makes no sense. Microsoft has already said that SP1 will contain almost no new enhancements and fixes. It will just be a collection of all the ones that have already been released through windows update. There are enough DirectX 10 games coming out this year to warrent a Vista upgrade. BTW, if you want to keep your Vista you can simply dual boot your PC with XP for WWIIonline. Here is a link which tells you how to do it:

http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

WWIIOL: Battleground Europe will run properly on almost all computers using Vista, as long as they have good drivers installed. The only thing lacking so far for Vista users is official tech support from CRS.

Bates, have you tried backing up to a restore point from before the installation of the beta drivers?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0