• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prodius

CFML file help?!?!

6 posts in this topic

OK I use a X52 JS and it runs fine.

My problem is I want to use the stick and be able to use the mouse for fine tuning with the turret.

Now I know many people use it but SgtSpoon doesn't have a CFML for it that I can find.

I used to have it but I upgraded my PC and it won't recognize my IDE hard drive on the new board (All SATA save the IDE for optical drives like a DVD ROM).

I got it to almost work, I can use the mouse but the cannon elevation is not inverted and if I try to invert it the JS has a conflict and the gun wants to traverse down constantly.

Maybe CRS should have a sticky for files, I know they aren't hardware exclusive so any joy stick user could use them.

I'm pretty sure all tanks had a manual traverse for spot aiming and incase their hydraulics or electrical turret drives went down.

Here is my tank cfml file with mouse-aim commands.

Hope it helps:

<?xml version='1.0'?>

e

z
w
s

z
z
x
b

y
b

y
b

xx
a
s
d

yy
s
w

xx
q
e

yy
w
s

well, my mappings aren't joystick specific at all as the game doesn't care what make and model the joystick is at all..

the game uses joystick numbers..

but I do have plenty of examples and cfmls with both joystick and mouse aiming enabled at the same time..

it's pretty simple to do manually in the cfml...

you have your code for a function like "turret traverse"..

every thing between those two code lines are mappings for "turret traverse"..

every mapping slot is an index number, index="0" is the default so doesn't need to be typed when a mapping is for index="0". if you look at a full cfml file, you'll see that button mappings (keymaps that only take a keystroke and not a joystick axis) have two mapping spaces in the keymapper.. the "primary" collumn is index="0" in the cfml, the secondary collumn is index="1". now axis type keymaps only have one space to map in the keymapper. there's no "primary" or "secondary" keymap as the secondary keymap slot is used for a rudimentary "map axis to the keyboard" function were you use two keyboard keys to try to create a "virtual" (or "keyboard") axis. so index is used in the cfml code to tell the keymapper where to place the keymapping on the screen (1st or 2nd collumn) AND it's also used by the game to define different keymapping "slots" basically so it can tell the difference between the two mappings.. (now with the index's on the "keyboard axis" functions are based on the previous keymapper's keyboard axis screen, so it can get a little confusing there as we now only have these two slots in the keymapper for keyboard axes instead of a whole screen but you don't need to worry about that for this simple exercise at all. just know that primary is index="0" (not typed in the cfml) and the secondary is index="1" (you can actually keep on going and have three or more keys mapped to a function even up to like index 99, each being a keymapping "slot"..)

so button type input functions have two mappings in the keymapper but the axis type input functions only have one...

BUT....

by manually adding in the code to the cfml, you can have that second mapping (or third, or fourth) simply by adding the index="1" tag. it will not show up in the keymapper as there isn't a space to display it but it'll work just fine in game..

so back to our code example...

your joystick mapped to "turret traverse" looks like this in the cfml code..

x

a mouse mapping would look like x

to have both at the same time, one of the code lines simply has to have the index="1" tag. choose the one you don't care if it shows up in the keymapper (I usually choose the mouse as there's no such thing as "mouse one", "mouse two, lol)

so that new code would look like this...

x

x

(if you wanted it to be the joystick on index 1 it'd look like this x)

now remember to do that for both traverse and elevate. if you joystick isn't stick one, then put in the number that the keymapper sees it as.. stick="2", stick="3", ect.... (ww2ol can have up to 4 joysticks at any one time, all working in the same crew position in the same vehicle at the same time, plus the mouse, it's buttons, and the keyboard keys and trackir axes as well.)

pretty simple, just add the index="1" tag and the code for the mouse or joystick right after the code for what's already mapped and it'll work just fine...

good luck and happy hunting!

here is the fine tuning using your up/down/left/right arrow keys i use in tanks and can also add these to the atg/aagun cfml also.

left arrow

right arrow

down arrow

up arrow

<?xml version='1.0'?>

<

left arrow

right arrow

down arrow

up arrow

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0