• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SlovikEB

Rats please give us an update

54 posts in this topic

Is anything coming in next patch to address the performance issues that many people have experienced in 1.20? FPS and lag with binocs and gun sights; trees and buildings killing fps?

Oh god please' date=' first time armor today, 1-2 fps in gun sight and binocs.[/quote']

Just finished a reformat in hopes of trying t get above the avg 30 fps.

I hope we can all get this fixed. CRS has put alot of very good stuff in this patch. I love in game map and all the cool tools now good job on that.I do see alot of FPS probs and the answer is not to always upgrade. I whould have to say 90% of the players base are young men. Some are in college and others have just stared a new family. Do these guys have the money for these high end upgrades I dont think so. I myself I love the new eye candy but whould rather have a smoth running game NO studers. Im writing this because I see alot of pepole bashing everybody who ask about the FPS. The only replies are there comp is crap go spend alot of money and you might be alright. I guess the guys dont work for a living and have plenty of money. I will set back now and see the bashers reply to this

The binoc/zoom hit is bad on any system.

Most big patches, if not all, are followed by a fix-it patch or two.

I'd wait and see..., should be a update soon.

Oh, and..., buy more Ram!

Ratszo

You have performance problems looking/zooming on trees?

- reduce screen resolution

- disable FSAA & anisotropic filtering in the OpenGL driver settings

- upgrade an outdated graphics card

You can't run the game e.g. at 1280x1024 with a GeForce4Ti or Radeon9600 and demand satisfying frame rates.

Sorry, but there is no magical "fix" to greatly improve performance in the highly complex SpeedTree scenes on outdated systems.

You have performance problems looking/zooming on trees?

- reduce screen resolution

- disable FSAA & anisotropic filtering in the OpenGL driver settings

- upgrade an outdated graphics card

You can't run the game e.g. at 1280x1024 with a GeForce4Ti or Radeon9600 and demand satisfying frame rates.

Sorry, but there is no magical "fix" to greatly improve performance in the highly complex SpeedTree scenes on outdated systems.

Why is it only showing bad fps than when looking thru scope or binocs ?

Running at 1280*1024 at 16 or 32 (9700pro 256Mb) bit gives me steady 40fps but when i look thru my scope or use binocs it goes down to 5fps.

Why is it only showing bad fps than when looking thru scope or binocs ?

Running at 1280*1024 at 16 or 32 (9700pro 256Mb) bit gives me steady 40fps but when i look thru my scope or use binocs it goes down to 5fps.

Because you get a huge amount of overlapping foliage objects spread over the whole viewport then.

It is a typical fillrate limited scene. Newer graphics card generations are vastly faster there because of much better occlusion culling and higher fillrates.

Reduce your screen resolution and you will see a significant performance increase (also make sure you have FSAA and anisotropic filtering disabled).

with my new 6600GT I now get around 45-55 fps around fb's but still drop to 10's in city, put my binocs on, 75 fps!! crazy! I can still change a couple of settings . when i get it bang on I'll let you know.

plus I'm sure the rats will have an update that will help with this. I have confidence! look's around...everybody leaves....

what has made alot of the player upset is why is there on most case no matter what your cp,vid cardand memory is there a need for so many tweaks on are end it should run fine on a mid rage comp and great on a high end one.But seems to not happen alot of the times. My self I would like to just see some good fixes that can correct the probs with the basic PC. I know this is not easy but wish we could just get the game smooth before installing to much eye candy to not just compound the problem. Im sure the probs can be fixed

hey who wanted the new tree's anyway?

Yeah, what's so great 'bout these new trees that anyone who hasn't bought a new top-of-the-line vid card in the last 6 months are getting slideshow frames?

Really. They look the same to me....

Ratszo

Because you get a huge amount of overlapping foliage objects spread over the whole viewport then.

It is a typical fillrate limited scene. Newer graphics card generations are vastly faster there because of much better occlusion culling and higher fillrates.

Reduce your screen resolution and you will see a significant performance increase (also make sure you have FSAA and anisotropic filtering disabled).

Maybe forcing the 24 bit Z buffering in the OpenGL driver to off (unchecking it) would help those older graphics controllers. It would then be only 16 bits and that might speed up the occlusion culling process (?). It may not look as nice through the binocs because of artifacting but the frame rates might not drop so much. ??

Maybe forcing the 24 bit Z buffering in the OpenGL driver to off (unchecking it) would help those older graphics controllers. It would then be only 16 bits and that might speed up the occlusion culling process (?). It may not look as nice through the binocs because of artifacting but the frame rates might not drop so much. ??
Occlusion culling on the GPU side works with z-writing only.

The SpeedTree API is a very efficient foliage renderer, and this is what we are using.

Sure, you get a low frame rate at high resolution on outdated hardware, but you get the same deal in almost every other game on the market.

If I can give you guys with slower systems some comfort, looking at trees through binoculars is also giving people with fast systems a hard time. It's really stressing the system to its limit.

I decided to do some testing at different resolutions with/without antialiasing and anisotropic filtering. I'm not trying to prove anything, just showing what kind of performance you could expect at this very location with this kind of system.

*NOTE: This is an extreme case as pointed out by jaeger55, with an exceptional amount of trees being rendered at once. It might not be 100% representative of what you might experience in-game.

System:

Athlon64 2550MHz

1024MB DDR RAM

GeForce 6800GT 256MB

Windows XP SP2

DirectX 9.0c

Battleground Europe 1.20.0.255

I spawned a British rifleman offline, ran east about 200m to the same location and looked through the binoculars at the exact same spot of trees.

tn_800x600_noafaa.jpg

The results:

be_trees_binoculars.gif

As you can see, at 1600x1200 it's not that easy trying to look around at 17 fps, or 12 fps if you use AA/AF.

This system pushes about 50-100 fps at all resolutions using full AA/AF up to 1600x1200, running in very dense forest at full AA/AF 1600x1200 it can drop down to 30. When looking through binoculars in BE 1.20 it's obvious that even this pretty fast system can't cope and bogs down.

Please keep in mind that this scene in Area51 is an extreme case.

I don't know about scenes on the (usual) map with such a heavy layering of trees.

PS.: Good test!

this is realy what Im not happy with why do we the players have to do all this research and tweaks just seems like this can be very bad for new players with no real roots in the game .Do we need to help with the coading of game?I love this game and I want to see this game be the dream the guys of day 1 thought it could be.

heh.... I just built my new computer.

AMD X2 4800 duel core

2 gig of ram (low timings)

raid 0 2-150 gig 16meg cache

duel 7800 GTX OC

This game will not run in SLI mode. I disabled SLI and am running the game at 1600x1200 with most settings max (only thing not is clutter and such junk).

I only average around 30 fps.

Meanwhile, COD2, and Quake4 I get 70+ full bore settings.

This is just SAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDD. With a game this old, I should be running in the 100's.

What a pitiful game this truly is.

AMD X2 4800 duel core

duel 7800 GTX OC

This game will not run in SLI mode. I disabled SLI and am running the game at 1600x1200 with most settings max (only thing not is clutter and such junk).

Meanwhile, COD2, and Quake4 I get 70+ full bore settings.

This is just SAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDD. With a game this old, I should be running in the 100's.

What a pitiful game this truly is.

Yeah well in COD2, and Quake 4 you can't see up to 5KM.

this is realy what Im not happy with why do we the players have to do all this research and tweaks just seems like this can be very bad for new players with no real roots in the game.
All you have to do is to set the proper screen resolution of the game. Every other thing doesn't have to be changed if you didn't changed it before.

So whats the problem? You have in fact less settings to do than in most other games.

AMD X2 4800 duel core

duel 7800 GTX OC

Than there is something very wrong with your system. Other player with similar systems report by far better frame rates.

Jaeger, if I set my game resolution low, do I need to have my normal pc res the same? or is it ok just to keep the game settings that way?

GF 4 4200 here

I get 4-6 FPS at 800x600 when looking at tree scenes through panzer gun zoom or binocs. 1024x768 offers a bit better FPS, maybe 2-3 more when looking at the same scene.

Without looking at trees i get in area 51 an average of 35 FPS in 1024x786 and 45 in 800x600.

All settings to low and no AA or alike.

@Jaeger

I get similar low FPS to the Area 51 forrest for example when i drive into Tiennen from the west side with a panzer.

At this position my FPS went so low that my panzer was only advancing in a warping style.

Than there is something very wrong with your system. Other player with similar systems report by far better frame rates.

There is, I was the guy who just reformated and had fogotten to turn on NT4 comp fix.

I now after overclocking, reformating, etc...(even before overclocking it was good) get 100 fps at 1600x1200 when flying. On the ground it's 30-80 fps in heavy fighting. I've gotten an fps decrease, but there are A LOT less stutters.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0