• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SlovikEB

Rats please give us an update

54 posts in this topic

Jaeger' date=' if I set my game resolution low, do I need to have my normal pc res the same? or is it ok just to keep the game settings that way?[/quote']

It sometimes helps in some cases if you keep the desktop res the same. For you, I'd just experiment with it to see if there is any change

GF 4 4200 here

I get 4-6 FPS at 800x600 when looking at tree scenes through panzer gun zoom or binocs.

Yes, this graphics card is totally outdated. I don't think you can play any new 3D game with it anymore (with acceptable frame rates).

1024x768 offers a bit better FPS, maybe 2-3 more when looking at the same scene.
Nope, this doesn't make any sense and I clearly get better frame rates with lower resolutions using the same graphics card.

Nope, this doesn't make any sense and I clearly get better frame rates with lower resolutions using the same graphics card.

We have replicated it on another PC with the same graphics card.

Under heavy tree load the higher resolutions offer better FPS. Especially in area 51 trees.

We have replicated it on another PC with the same graphics card.

Under heavy tree load the higher resolutions offer better FPS. Especially in area 51 trees.

Maybe it's a cpu bottleneck?

I play with a ti4400 and get great FPS. 40-75 while flying, 30+ in town with a battle going on. When looking through Binos my FPS has dropped to 12-15 when looking at the trees, but most people get the same thing with the supersystems. Mind you I'm using antialiasing and anistrophic filtering.

To heck with this game. Im sick of it. Performance sucks and it will get worse by the looks of it. These patches obviously only apply to high end PCs not low end PCs. Im not going to buy a NASA computer for this game. This BS makes me mad when i pay online fees for a game that screws me over by making it impossible to play now. Im not playing with a constant fps of 13 to 17 and if im lucky..now 20? I've had it. I was promised to get better FPS despite my low end PC. Maybe not 40 or 50 but atleast 16 to 20 or 30. Im lucky to get 20 now even on the lowest settings , medium settings , or highest settings. The only solution anyone can say is buy more ram , buy a better vid card , buy more ram , buy a better vid card. Well not everyone has money to concentrate on building computers and more ram. I want to play it on this rig in which i have no problem with lag here and there as well as the horrible graphics that i play with. Thats my problem , but i definitly do not need to be promised better peformance when the performance is worse then the last version. If you guys have good comps and got loads of money to be spending on pc parts or nasa comps , thats great congratulations. Been waiting patiently , very patiently , for this patch just for the performance improvements alone and it does nothing at all to improve. So whats there to do now? I basically can't play this and wasted money. W/e...thats my mind about it and i know for damn sure im not the only one.

During the entire history of this game no patch has ever increased FPS performance. Every single patch since Day 1 has actually decreased performance and demanded hardware upgrades.

Thats not an opinion, its a fact.

Enjoy.

You know if you really think about it, look at how many things in life get better, even in real life when things get better you either have to upgrade something in your life to keep up or spend more money so in theory does'nt it seem reasonable that when a game gets better for example this one you have to take steps in order to see the affects of the outcome, just a thought or that's just reality, hmm.

matt your right. Only if you have a high end compt it still not geting the FPS that it should. There has to be a memory leak going on in game. I realy belive that there is a coding prob I know that CRS can fix and will but I whould like to see all of ww2 gamers stop asking for so much eyecandy and ask for a smooth running game where the averge joe can play it on a mid rage comp . We must keep this game playable for most pepole comps or we will lose alot of players and not get ones to replace them. Im very happy to see all keep up beat as possable with these probs and keep the INFO comming in

simple answer to the new fps problems,get rid of whatever they just did to the damn trees.ive found the new tree looks is killin the fps more than anything on mine,i did however change resolution to 800x600 to get more fps.

A simple solution would be to bring back the client-side ability to control the tree's graphics at certain ranges.

I really hope that CRS puts those sliders back in the 'Trees' tab in settings, because this game has been unplayable for me since the last patch, and I'm certainly not one to buy a new bloody computer just for a patch.

simple answer to the new fps problems' date='get rid of whatever they just did to the damn trees.ive found the new tree looks is killin the fps more than anything on mine,i did however change resolution to 800x600 to get more fps.[/quote']

Yep, they look no different then they did in 1.19.

Yep' date=' they look no different then they did in 1.19.[/quote']

That's the upshot --what the hell's so great 'bout these new trees to justify poor performance for the clients?

Speedtree's new fillrate is much too high for such slight visual gains.

Hello..., we don't log in to look at the trees.

A bad call crs.

Ratszo

I'd take a hard look at yer system ( including drivers, especially if you havent updated mobo drivers since installing sp2.) if you get bad fps with ti4200.

My ti4400 runs just fine even in tandem with my poor xp 2600+.

I play @ 1024x768. 30-50 fps normal play. 20-30 in high stress areas. ~12 fps looking at dense foliage scenes through binos.

Its plays fine for me.

ps. enabling coolbits for ti4200 will allow you to overclock it.

GF4 ti4200 generally over clock pretty well upto 4600 levels.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/graphicscards-names_3.html

shows you the frequencies.

sorry to break out meh e-wang but i own a dang nasa computer

even i noticed my fps dropped about 10 fps (down to about 60fps in a good battle maybe 100 or so flying)

i could really careless about the fancy trees.

the game was just as fun when everyone looked the same and the tracks on the tanks didn't move.

i can understand that CRS has to update the GFX to stay current with all of the other games out there. you have to admit. how many times have you looked at a computer game and said "man those GFX suck" and put it back.

I agree that the performance of this game has taken a stumble. but come on.

seriously you can't expect to play Doom3 on a computer with a MX440! not even a 4600ti anymore. there outdated! still at least you should be able to play the game with at least a ati 9200 or FX 5500! i can accept needing 1024mb of ram. and a decent GFX.

but you shouldn't need a rig as built up as mine. i spend money on my computer like a heroin addict. (kiwii's kind of calmed me down a bit with it)

not everyone can justify spending 2,300$ on two GFX cards. but i really didn't have anything else to spend it on for a long time. i dont have a family and im not im college ATM.

but alot of us are! 70% of the people on these forums alone have a family to raise.

ack i dunno.

GIVE US A BETTER FPS!!!!

lol.

I'd take a hard look at yer system ( including drivers, especially if you havent updated mobo drivers since installing sp2.) if you get bad fps with ti4200.

My ti4400 runs just fine even in tandem with my poor xp 2600+.

I play @ 1024x768. 30-50 fps normal play. 20-30 in high stress areas. ~12 fps looking at dense foliage scenes through binos.

Its plays fine for me.

ps. enabling coolbits for ti4200 will allow you to overclock it.

GF4 ti4200 generally over clock pretty well upto 4600 levels.

shows you the frequencies.

a 75% drop in FPS is "fine"????

blarg, fine, no, but I understand why its done ( cover issues ) and it the FPS are playable for me.

You folks might think that ww2ol looks poor compared to new games but those do not require heavy physics computing, and the foliage especially can lead to fillrate limitations, even on recent videocards.

Most new video cards havent updated fillrate that much, more power going into vertex and pixelshader processing.

Case in point those new X1600s ATI is bringing out, 4 pixel/texture units is going to hurt it very badly for this game (and many others) since multitexturing is now starting to be heavily used.

If you want decent fps in this game make sure it can push about 8 texels out per clock cycle and has atleast 2 vertex processors ( ~gf4 non MX specs )

If CRS can do one thing to reduce the performance issues the trees cause it would be to remove the sway of the leaves.

Wait a minute indo, i agree that people with low-end cards need some upgrade but come on, i have an 9800 PRO, not a great card just regular, and i can run Doom 3 very well with that (btw.the game sucks) what i dont understand is why so HUGE performance loss with very little graphics increase??? i mean if wwiiol had the graphics of Call of Duty 2 i would be the first guy here spending $10000, just to play it in the max settings, but this game have Call of Duty graphics? i don't think so, OF COURSE, when CRS upgrade the game engine i will upgrade my pc too, what i don't undestand is why **** most player base just because of that little greenie trees!

Are you aware that some guys here (including me) are not fat americans like you who can spend 5000 dollars on a computer right? no offense dude, but come on wake up, how could a game like wwiiol with very little upgrade in the last 4 years REQUIRE 2 ****ing 6800 Ultra in SLI?!?!? you are crazy man!

seriously you can't expect to play Doom3 on a computer with a MX440! not even a 4600ti anymore. there outdated! still at least you should be able to play the game with at least a ati 9200 or FX 5500!
The last ones named are even slower than a Geforce4Ti.

We're getting off track - the FPS hit happens to a large amount of people on all kinds of systems. Low end systems may of course need upgrade, since the drop will bring game fps below 12. But upgrade is not going to remedy the cause of such performance drop.

This problem is client side. And it is a problem, not an "improvement."

Frankly the lack of CRS response to this thread and many others like it is sad. A very poor showing for customer relations. CRS needs to be a business again, and tend to all its customers, rather than listen to an inner circle cadre of players that will stroke them for even the most inane visual perks.

Agreed jeager.

For a good look at performance estimates try the following link ( last page of the article now, for nvidia cards ).

Look at your cards pixel/texture rating and its number of vertex processors and the core frequency.

The vertex processors are handy to speedup tree performace.

Since the game now uses multitextures alot this is also important for ww2ol performance.

The fx5200 can only throw around half of the pixels/texels of the gf4 ( ti4200,4400 and 4600), its only clocked at the lowest of the gf4 family ( 250 MHz ) and its memory is particularly slow ( and a good chance its only 64bit instead of 128 bits wide ). It also only has 1 vertex processor. That means its constantly struggling with even 1024x768 resolution.

GF4 MX is even worse ( only 64mb RAM, half of MINIMUM spec ) and not even 1 vertex processing unit. Its also based on the GF2 core so it doesnt even work as well as a similarly clocked GF4.

For decent ( if not stellar ) fps if you have an adequate CPU I'd recommend 8/8 pixel/texel with 3 vertex processors with 300+ MHz core and good mem speeds with atleast 128 bit wide mem bus.

That means Nvidia 6600 atleast.

Its harder to recommend a particular ATI card since they can have performance hits with OpenGL games.

Texels are the most important for now but ww2ol can only start to use more pixel shaders so that is something to think about for the future.

There are plenty of 100-230$ cards out there to power ww2ol for now and the foreseeable future.

If you get bad fps for any decent card I'd look hard at your config/drivers. Its more likely than not that your problem is there.

On a side note, if you have a P4 cpu, its just a known fact that they dont like highly variable tasks like videogames. A similarly clocked ( rated really ) for AMD XP/A64 CPU's does have better performance for gaming.

We're getting off track - the FPS hit happens to a large amount of people on all kinds of systems. Low end systems may of course need upgrade' date=' since the drop will bring game fps below 12. But upgrade is not going to remedy the [i']cause of such performance drop.

This problem is client side. And it is a problem, not an "improvement."

Frankly the lack of CRS response to this thread and many others like it is sad. A very poor showing for customer relations. CRS needs to be a business again, and tend to all its customers, rather than listen to an inner circle cadre of players that will stroke them for even the most inane visual perks.

No, what you do not understand is that they had to change the tree system since it was effectively cheating under certain conditions.

Also they've said they're optimizing zoomed in performance with trees visable, what more do you want ?

Hello....

lock the tree's so people cant change them and get an advantage...fine, so why make em different? that's what you guy's dont get and for some reason keep arguing about. what we are saying is why did they make a change that would affect it that bad and for everyone, leave them to what they where before then everybody is in the same boat and this issue goes away.

I get the feeling a couple of folks in here are bias to CRS end of story, trying to justify why they did what they did and why we should all go out and buy new video cards c'mon on who's payroll are you guy's?

Guess what, I whent out and bought a new vid card and i still get 10-15 FPS in town with a 6600GT so give it a rest with the new vid cards, everything in my system's exeed's the system requirements and i can prove it! But i can already see that you should of got this card for 1000$ comments coming and keep em, nobody wants to hear it.

The game was fine before they did this, end of story if you guy's cant agree to that then seriously you must get some kick backs! YEAH I SAID IT!!! Cause this affected everybody. they could of locked the old tree's and the old grass on one setting and done this tread goes away.

I understand that every game must evolve and that yeah at one point your gear wont really be up to par but the borrom line is post a warning do something. to find out the hard way that hey you cant play anymore but check it out we got some really cool tree's!!! Go get a new vid card you'll see they rock is un acceptable end of story.

CRS this is for you:

Sticky a recommended Vid card requirement on the top of this board and end this retarded tread, All "pretty much" your players will accept that they need to make changes to play, they love the game and will face that fact. but dont wait till it's too late and half of your community is stuck on the back fence.

Guess what' date=' I whent out and bought a new vid card and i still get 10-15 FPS in town with a 6600GT so give it a rest with the new vid cards,[/quote']Than you are doing something wrong on your end. You should get a much better frame rate on reasonable resolutions with this graphics card in the current version of the game.

PS.: Of course, assuming that you own a mid-range CPU (2.5-3GHz).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0