• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saraToga

Native resolution problem I think

10 posts in this topic

This problem has nearly kept me out of the game for 10 months. I've got a dell flat screen lcd but it started with the previous crt.

It all started when CRS did some update again near 10 months ago. Guys have told me to set my resolution to max or go in and manually set the resolution. Did both of those things and it still doesn't work. I've even had the video card replaced.

The focus of the flashing is wherever you point the mouse or stick. It gets real bad when you focus on terrain such as bushes and buildings. It will clear temporarily if you focus towards the sky for some time and bring the focus back down.

This is my last hope to clear this thing up otherwise I'm going to have to check out another venue and leave WWIIonline which I don't want to do.

SShot72.jpg

what kind of card you got and tried the beta offline yet to see if its still there (online dont work right now)?

what kind of card you got and tried the beta offline yet to see if its still there (online dont work right now)?

geforce 4800gt I believe. Online dose not work, just what you see bud.

I've had that problem on another game some time ago, i'm not sure what i did to fix that but it was either a heat problem on my gfx card or i fixed it with a driver downgrade.

I think it was the heat problem, i fixed that by cleaning up the gfx card fan (it had more dust on it then a warehouse that has been empty for 50 years)

This problem has nearly kept me out of the game for 10 months. I've got a dell flat screen lcd but it started with the previous crt.

It all started when CRS did some update again near 10 months ago. Guys have told me to set my resolution to max or go in and manually set the resolution. Did both of those things and it still doesn't work. I've even had the video card replaced.

The focus of the flashing is wherever you point the mouse or stick. It gets real bad when you focus on terrain such as bushes and buildings. It will clear temporarily if you focus towards the sky for some time and bring the focus back down.

This is my last hope to clear this thing up otherwise I'm going to have to check out another venue and leave WWIIonline which I don't want to do.

SShot72.jpg

I have a GFX 7600GT and get stuff similar to that at times. It started with 1.27. I have tried downgrading the drivers to no avail. My temp spikes from a normal 5 5deg C to about 70-75 deg C when I play this game. Could that be the problem?

70c to 75c i dont think is a very good thing.

those artifacts are usualy caused by

overclocked GPU

overclocked VRAM

Overheating GPU or VRAM

overclocked bus

undervoltaged video card

failing video card.

certain incompatible driver settings.

75c is, shall we say smokin?

when that problem happened to me my heatsink wasn't quite attached, did not notice this til i pull my computer completely apart for a complete cleaning.

when i was working on the heatsink and getting the gunk out of it when i went to flip it over i notice "just barely" that it moved.

Just enough to have a slight contact with the GPU to keep it from exploding but not enough to keep it cool as it is supposed to be.

So what you should do is pull the card out take the heat sink completely off get some arctic silver clean it up very well then put it back together making sure it is making solid contact with the GPU.

Then have at it again and see if that disappears.

Btw my temps were rolling into the 75 area and acting the same way yours is now.

Check that heatsink.

PS says my GPU is 52 degrees after the game was up a couple hours.

running nearly same temp as my CPU.

I would imagine your video card should be in the same temp range, even though its a different kind.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0