Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teke

Erwin Rommel -The Desert Fox

12 posts in this topic

In a cardboard panzer killed by a rifle grenade ? :D

Hardly, was associated with the plot to assassinate Hitler and out of respect was given the choice of humiliation or cyanide pill, got a state funeral I believe, or something close to it.

Still, a fine tanker >>>> incidently the forums for tankers are over there.

>>>> incidently the forums for tankers are over there.

Hey, I'm a navy guy, how would I know??? Your all the same to me...

:rolleyes:

Hardly' date=' was associated with the plot to assassinate Hitler[/quote']

Nope he wasnt, not one bit of proof states otherwise. Hitler's paranoia is what did him in.

Nope he wasnt' date=' not one bit of proof states otherwise. Hitler's paranoia is what did him in.[/quote']

He was implicated by his association with others who did.

He was implicated by his association with others who did.

nope, thats totally false and a common misconception. He was killed because he was on a short list, drawn up by the assassins, of candidates of men who were best suited to take the place of Hitler after he was killed. This list was discovered after the failed attempt. Rommel was killed due to Hitlers paranoia and nothing more.

IMHO he should be posthumously awarded a high decoration. He was an outstanding field strategist who looked after his own men as best as he could, and respected his enemies... and in doing so represented his country very well (as opposed to some of his nefarious, scumbag peers...)

IMHO he should be posthumously awarded a high decoration. He was an outstanding field strategist who looked after his own men as best as he could, and respected his enemies... and in doing so represented his country very well (as opposed to some of his nefarious, scumbag peers...)

-edit-

nevermind the fact that he was brave enough to speak out about the N*** ways and their treatment of Jewish people, even going so far as to disobey direct orders because he knew they were wrong.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0