Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hvysteel

tank movie.

11 posts in this topic

That video is clearly wrong because what you do is run up to a tank, stick a satchel on it and the tank blows up.

Tank crews could replace their optics while inside?

And there are MP40 holes to shoot your gun out of? Wow.

Nice movie but its obvious Russia didn't have super sappers in their army .

Yes , i know it was a German training film for panther crew . But it gives you a good idea what a tank crew was to encounter .

hrmmm maybe we could get something like the boats do for EA a text call out for approaching infantry

E.G "Infantry approaching 7 o'clock"

Tank crews could replace their optics while inside?

And there are MP40 holes to shoot your gun out of? Wow.

Yes they could my grandfather told me that on the beach on anzio he suppresed a IVg by shooting the optics out. He would shoot it then watch as the german replace it, shoot it again , and so on until it ran out. Then they ran up on it and blew the crap out of it. These are the mirrors in the cupola, not the acual gun optics.

Panther FTW

I noticed this video shows exactly what it's like when you take a Tiger out in WWIIOL. Infantry appearing out of thin air trying to kill you, soldiers more desperate to get a kill than sepa to get laid.

Oh yeah except the panther is fast (notice the sapper COULD NOT run with/faster than it ) and has a decent amount of now unmodelled anti-infantry defenses.

The problem with satchel charges and they were used is that they to tended to be thrown as well or placed on the tracks. I mean you could be facing not only thrown satchel charges but gamon grenades (not very effective), Hawkins mines plus all the rest you see there. Other than the current British rifle grenade all current anti tank weapons have to be placed by the infantry. God forbid that they get more ranged weapons like Panzerschreckt, Bazzokas and PIATS!

It would be nice to see the pistol ports as that would be fun with a or Thompson. What is interesting to note is I have been reading up on operation Epsom and Goodwood. The common belief that the British tanks were masacred by well placed anti tank defences and Uber Panthers and Tigers is to a good part true. What is less well know or written in some books usually that a German counter-attack failed but doesn't detail why. On further reading I have found that often when counter attacking the German tanks suffered horrendous losses as well. One Panther company losing 14 vehicles in one day on a British held village trying to retake it. Losses that the Germans could not replace.

By the end of ww2 being in a tank was a very dangerous place to be regardless of which side you were on.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0