Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mouser98

1.28 is unplayable for me

33 posts in this topic

I am getting single digit FPS when I move, when an ei comes near, when an airplane flys by, in short, unless I am not moving, and cannot see anything other than the inside of a building or spawn, i am getting less than 5 FPS.

I hardly ever had less than 30 in 1.27.

I have all of the settings at max performance.

Doesnt really matter whether I have affinity set to one core or both.

Running a E5320 at 2.8 Ghz with a X1950Pro Gcard with 512 MB and 2 GB Ram.

I cannot play this game like this. My wife will be happy.

im getting single digit but only tested in air..soon as ground units loaded in it droped to 3fps and as soon as i got out of their lod range i went back to 88fps

I have all of the settings at max performance.

Have you thought of putting it down to medium or low to see how your fps is without all the bells and whistles ? I'm getting 35 to 300+ fps with max settings at 1280x1240 resolution

Wow, it did not take them long to move this where no one would see it....

Discotec, settings are at max performance, which turns off all the bells and whistles and sets everything else to the lowest setting, in order to acheive the best FPS.

Wow, it did not take them long to move this where no one would see it....

Discotec, settings are at max performance, which turns off all the bells and whistles and sets everything else to the lowest setting, in order to acheive the best FPS.

Actually, Windows community support is exactly where a post like this need to be.

Yeah i know TOPD,

S! btw :)

but for the first night of 1.28, if other ppl are having problems like mine, they are gonna look in teh Barracks first ...

anyway, no matter

same here, single digit stutters. In kamperland there were 70 people on my mission and I started with 35 fps, then suddenly it dropped to 0-5 fps, then up to 20+, down to 0-5, up to 20+, etc.

okay, changed over to the ATI drivers ver 8.1

no change

seems like it might be more of an issue with the sounds

cause they suck

and it seems like usually when it drops to 0-3 FPS there is something "soundy" going on

could use some advice on how to troubleshoot this.

i am using a SB Audigy 4 card

okay, changed over to the ATI drivers ver 8.1

no change

seems like it might be more of an issue with the sounds

cause they suck

and it seems like usually when it drops to 0-3 FPS there is something "soundy" going on

bumped to the top - same problems, not as drastic but it makes flying impossible which is all i do

dunno if this will help, but what i do with every patch:

fresh install of game

download latest drivers

go through game and video settings with a fine tooth comb (can't help ya with ati, as i'm an nvidia guy)...but make sure the sound settings in the game are set to hardware. not software.

and if you have a dual core processor, once the game is loaded, alt-tab out, ctl-alt delete to bring up the task manager, find the game, right click, and set affinity to both cpus (it's single by default).

hope that helps someone.

btw...i just got a new card today (my 7950gx2 died monday, so i got an off the shelf 8800gt) and although my frames are a tad lower than with my old card, i'm still running higher than average frames. for the love of pete, i had over 100 at an fb...but dropped to the upper twenties/thirties at kamper with all the pesky ea.

i am also have lot less frames to work with as well i am getting 20 to like 3 and this was while at ciney i saw a uk guy and then it was like lights went out i am not all to sure if i will be able to play this game anymore if it is going to get this bad.

real wierd for me....

i'm on the road tonight and playing on laptop...

i used to get 25-45 fps on laptop

I logged in and got 2-6 fps.. figured it was internet connection at hotel...

I logged in a little later and was getting about 20-26 fps...

My first impression is something is wrong w game.... but will keep checking...

Full install solved my problem. Plus fiddling with the sound, although i ended up with what i started with.

but i still think it was a sound issue all along

Im using nVidia video with Audigy 4. The A4 is a rock solid card with excellent acceleration and performance.

I have similar stutters and FPS ranges as you do.

Do we have a common theme?

Full install solved my problem. Plus fiddling with the sound, although i ended up with what i started with.

but i still think it was a sound issue all along

Are you sure you ended up with exactly the same settings? If so it is very, very weird.

i am the kind of guy that wants to hit the TV to fix the picture...

i was changing this and that and doing bunches of things at once when I should have used the scientific method to rule out video, sound, etc.

probably if I had changed nothing and just installed the full install from the get go, I would have been one of those people happily playing the game last night instead of posting all of these posts lol

I dont have catalyst running. Do i really need it? My anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings are whatever is the stock setting with the driver.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0